Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-27-2020, 06:06 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Electric Frustration

We recently purchased a new early build 2020 Aspire 44R (03/19). The day after purchase and riding down I-95 in North Carolina our HVAC would stop working. So we could hit the reset button for the house and reset temps, HVAC would blow for awhile.

After replacing the Firefly G6 panel in the mid bath and Vega touch screen that issue was solved. But the lights would go dark and the Vega touch would freeze. Additionally the gray tank wouldn’t read past 45%. Lastly, the Magnum RV-C Bridge would stop reading all details on the Firefly.

So the transfer switch was replaced, and tank sensor module. This fixed the tank and Vega touch from freezing up, but lights and RVC bridge still had issues.

*Kudos to IRV2*. After a random search, someone posted how to change the floor plan on the Firefly. I decided to try and see if any other options were there. Sure enough, that is where you can tell Firefly whether you have two or four batteries.

RVC bridge now works correctly and seem to keep the lights on longer, but...

62 hours later the lights went out again while on shore power.

Also attempted to bypass the battery disconnect to see if it was an issue. No luck.

Anyone know if a bad battery in the mix or something inside the inverter could cause a quick power drop to cause the Firefly to lose power long enough to drop the lights but not lose the Vega Touch screen.

Yes, I have checked every CanBus connector for good crimping. Also get 60Ohms resistance on the lines.

Using a magnum controller produces no faults while this happens.
JSW79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-28-2020, 07:52 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
The Vega Touch glitches can drive a person nuts until Firefly get the updates straightened out. If I am not mistake, on the newer models I am a lot, the Aspire VT is not upgradeable via wifi.
If it was a 20 that sat a long time before delivery, I would check the batteries with a volt meter. Very possible the batteries were allow to go dead to many times before you received it.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 08:49 AM   #3

JSW

There is not going to be a lot of experience on here with your VegaTouch problem. I think that a call to Entegra and to VegaTouch on Monday is likely to be your best source of information on this problem.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 10:19 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
The Vega Touch glitches can drive a person nuts until Firefly get the updates straightened out. If I am not mistake, on the newer models I am a lot, the Aspire VT is not upgradeable via wifi.
If it was a 20 that sat a long time before delivery, I would check the batteries with a volt meter. Very possible the batteries were allow to go dead to many times before you received it.
No, but FF has provided an update, but no luck.

I plan to have the inverter and batteries tested soon.

Thanks
Old 11-30-2020, 04:27 PM   #5

We had a similar situation recently with our 2018 Anthem 44A. Our interior front lights, from the half-bath forward, would go out and would not remain on. After an extended telephone conversation with Firefly I discovered I needed to press the "Front Master On" button on the panel above our theater seats which resolved the situation. Firefly informed me that contention existed between the VegaTouch and the forward light panel. You might want to try this approach if you have a similar light panel near the front of your coach. I hope you are able to resolve the situation.

Stan

2018 Entegra Anthem 44A
2013 Entegra Anthem 44 DLQ Sold
2016 Lincoln MKX tow
Old 11-30-2020, 10:30 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Boddie View Post
We had a similar situation recently with our 2018 Anthem 44A. Our interior front lights, from the half-bath forward, would go out and would not remain on. After an extended telephone conversation with Firefly I discovered I needed to press the "Front Master On" button on the panel above our theater seats which resolved the situation. Firefly informed me that contention existed between the VegaTouch and the forward light panel. You might want to try this approach if you have a similar light panel near the front of your coach. I hope you are able to resolve the situation.

Stan

2018 Entegra Anthem 44A
2013 Entegra Anthem 44 DLQ Sold
2016 Lincoln MKX tow
Thanks Stan. Unfortunately the entire coach goes dark all at once.
Old 12-01-2020, 05:58 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSW79 View Post
Thanks Stan. Unfortunately the entire coach goes dark all at once.
If the 12v reboot did not work, leave it off for at least a minute, that will probably be a Firefly issue. 574-825-4600. If you call Entegra with anything that is part of the Firefly system, they will have you call FF. It's frustrating to sit on hold only to be told you need to call someone else.

Please let us know what the outcome is.
Old 12-05-2020, 09:43 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
If the 12v reboot did not work, leave it off for at least a minute, that will probably be a Firefly issue. 574-825-4600. If you call Entegra with anything that is part of the Firefly system, they will have you call FF. It's frustrating to sit on hold only to be told you need to call someone else.

Please let us know what the outcome is.

So off to Middlebury I go. Wasn’t looking to take a trip to Indiana in December, but it’s not like I have a pressing schedule to keep.
Old 12-06-2020, 05:29 AM   #9

Electric Frustration

They took you in that quick? Firefly or Entegra?
Prairie Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 05:40 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Thank you for the update. Sorry you are having to make the trip to Entegra. One thing good about Entegra, they are great for getting new purchases, that are not dealer reparable, in right away. We were there in 16 or 17 where several just released of that year came in with a Firefly needed corrections.
Old 12-06-2020, 11:11 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Dog View Post
They took you in that quick? Firefly or Entegra?

Both. It’s been a 100+ days.
Old 12-06-2020, 07:36 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Thank you for the update. Sorry you are having to make the trip to Entegra. One thing good about Entegra, they are great for getting new purchases, that are not dealer reparable, in right away. We were there in 16 or 17 where several just released of that year came in with a Firefly needed corrections.

Well now the dash heater isn’t blowing hot.
Old 12-07-2020, 05:44 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:

Did it ever blow hot air? If not check heater valves in engine compartment, they may have never been turned on.

Richard
Gasman 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 06:08 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Is it the blower motor or heat not coming up through the lines? A little info and maybe a few here can help get you going before your trip. Richard's idea is one of them.
On my 19 there was a recall on the dash switch, but I don't remember what year coaches it effected.

Tags
electric, rust