Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-14-2018, 09:15 AM   #1

Electric Power Questions

Just replaced all of my batteries (see previous post) but noticed that the charger does not seem to turn on. Could this be because the batteries are totally charged or something uglier? I am plugged in but noticed that the main salon plug ins and the bedroom plug ins only work with the inverter on. The bath works without the inverter on. Is this normal? Whenever we use the coach I turn the inverter on for the frig so I never noticed this before. Also the power switch by the driver's console does not light up anymore and when it is turned off and on nothing other than a noise (clump) seems to happen. Any advice would be appreciated.
ronlin11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-14-2018, 09:33 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
First is to check that all battery terminal connections are tight. If you did not install the batteries, even more reason to double check. Did all connections go back on the same terminals? Can you turn the battery charges on with the Magnum panel, what does the voltage read? If fully charged it should still read "float charge".
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 09:37 AM   #3

Gulf Streamers Club
Use a multimeter to test your 12v system. If you are plugged into shore power, the converter(inverter)/charger should be on and the 12v voltage should show 13.4v or more above the normal 12.7v of a fully charged battery. Have you checked for a breaker or fuse on the case of the converter/charger?

I don't know what you're referring to by, "the power switch by the driver's console does not light up anymore and when it is turned off and on nothing other than a noise (clump) seems to happen." If the switch in question is a battery disconnect, when the RV is plugged into shore power or the engine is running I'd expect a battery disconnect (either house or chassis batteries) should be ON. A large disconnect solenoid does make a noticable 'clunk' sound when activated either on or off.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 09:51 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronlin11 View Post
Just replaced all of my batteries (see previous post) but noticed that the charger does not seem to turn on. Could this be because the batteries are totally charged or something uglier? I am plugged in but noticed that the main salon plug ins and the bedroom plug ins only work with the inverter on. The bath works without the inverter on. Is this normal? Whenever we use the coach I turn the inverter on for the frig so I never noticed this before. Also the power switch by the driver's console does not light up anymore and when it is turned off and on nothing other than a noise (clump) seems to happen. Any advice would be appreciated.
Ron,

Is the charger turned ON? Push any button on the Magnum remote above the entrance door and see if the charger green LED is lit up. What is showing in the display window of the Magnum remote? Are you sure power is getting to the coach from shore power? Check the plug in.

The house battery power switch on the drivers console is famous for the indicator light burning out. If you are hearing the clunk of the solenoid (as you are) then the switch is still working. You can confirm the switch operation with the switch at the entrance door and it’s associated light in the switch.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 11:09 AM   #5

The charger won't turn on at the panel above the door. The remote battery cut of switch on the drivers panel always had it's light on but no longer does. I have never used it in the past only the one by the doorway. I took a picture of the battery hookups prior to removing them so it appears that the batteries are wired properly. The only thing on my inverter is a small button that says off/on but the inverter seems to be working fine. Where is the charger located??
Old 10-14-2018, 11:26 AM   #6

Still curious if the salon/bdrm plug ins should be active even with the inverter off?? The panel above the entry door reads 12.3 to 12.6 and displays No DC. The entry cut off switch does not seem to be affected by the driver's panel cut off. Thanks for the responses.
Old 10-14-2018, 11:43 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
The Aspire only has one inverter so there are some plugs that are not on inverter power.

In the lower left corner second from the bottom of the magnum panel will be a button that says "charger" What happens when you push that button? If the charger still does not turn on, reboot the inverter located in the basement. With the batteries being totally dead, good chance the inverter/charger may need to be restarted
Old 10-14-2018, 12:03 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
If the Magnum remote panel reads no DC then it is either not connected to your batteries (+ and-) or the class T catastrophe fuse (on the positive cable coming from the battery bank) is blown. Check for continuity across the class T fuse terminals. Also check the battery cable connections at the inverter for a solid connection. The inverter is located on the basement ceiling between the frame rails.

Old 10-14-2018, 01:18 PM   #9

Chuck when you push the charger button nothing happens (does not turn on). Have no idea where the T fuse is?? I gather the inverter and the charger are the same??
Old 10-14-2018, 01:25 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronlin11 View Post
Chuck when you push the charger button nothing happens (does not turn on). Have no idea where the T fuse is?? I gather the inverter and the charger are the same??
Ron,

Yes, the inverter and charger are part of the same Magnum unit. The class T fuse will be in your battery compartment probably on the back wall with a 6” long plastic cover over it.

Old 10-15-2018, 12:00 PM   #11

If the T fuse is out the inverter will not work. In my case the inverter was still working. I tried rebooting the system with no luck, then switched all of the breakers of an on with no luck. Unplugged the coach, backed it out of the garage and started the generator. Once it kicked in it charged and all outlets worked. Stopped the generator and put it back in the garage plugging it back in to power. Turned on the charger and it charged!!!! Thanks to all who responded
Old 10-15-2018, 12:12 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Ron, Glad it's work, but a strange one the way it started working. I guess I can add another method to rebooting.
Old 10-15-2018, 01:30 PM   #13

Yeah Chuck I think the generator started the charger back up but who knows. Anyway I think all is well now. Again thanks for the help!!

Tags
electric, power