Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-18-2013, 03:13 PM   #1

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Electric shades quit working

This morning we were packing up and heading out. I pushed the button for all night shades to raise, and all but the front cab worked. I took them all down and back up, and the front was just dead.....

So as a last resort, I did a reboot,,,, I killed the house power with the Main Power switch then crossed my fingers. It worked! The shades are back in operation. Darn computers..........
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-18-2013, 03:17 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Which switch are you calling the main power switch?
2012 Honda CRV, Blue Ox Avail, AF1
tnrzryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 03:43 PM   #3

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
The one in the stair well marked Main Power, with a red light next to it.
Old 08-18-2013, 04:46 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Good tip, thanks. Another one for my memory bank.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:20 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty3509 View Post
This morning we were packing up and heading out. I pushed the button for all night shades to raise, and all but the front cab worked. I took them all down and back up, and the front was just dead.....

So as a last resort, I did a reboot,,,, I killed the house power with the Main Power switch then crossed my fingers. It worked! The shades are back in operation. Darn computers..........
I just ran into the same problem last nite except the fronts wouldn't go down, all others would go down and then back up but nothing on the fronts!
Tried your idea of shutting down the house power and it worked! These shades do not instill confidence. Just another to add to the ever growing list.
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:39 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
A couple weeks ago we got ready to leave, cranked the engine to get the bags aired then tried to raise the shades. All came up except cockpit. We tried everything we could think of and finally called the dealer. The receptionist asked if our engine was running, she suggested we shut it off then try to raise the shades. Worked like a champ! The system doesn't want you to obscure your vision while driving so blocks night shade function when the engine is running, it doesn't know if the shades are up or down, just that you shouldn't operate them. I guess it hopes you may be smart enough to not drive away with them down. ;-)
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:05 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXBart View Post
A couple weeks ago we got ready to leave, cranked the engine to get the bags aired then tried to raise the shades. All came up except cockpit. We tried everything we could think of and finally called the dealer. The receptionist asked if our engine was running, she suggested we shut it off then try to raise the shades. Worked like a champ! The system doesn't want you to obscure your vision while driving so blocks night shade function when the engine is running, it doesn't know if the shades are up or down, just that you shouldn't operate them. I guess it hopes you may be smart enough to not drive away with them down. ;-)
That totally makes sense. We had to play with the ignition too when leaving the coach for awhile to keep the hot sun out. Was glad they finally lowered .
Old 08-21-2013, 01:39 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXBart View Post
That wasn't our issue but it does remind me of the old Bob & Tom skit with Mr. Obvious when he discovered the caller's problem was he was trying to drive his car with the sun shade in place, hilarious!
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 04:22 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
I have also tried to open the slides while the engine was running to keep the benefit of the dash air. I figured that one out pretty quickly!
Old 08-22-2013, 01:40 PM   #10

MY entry day shade went down and wouldnt come back up.Took it into Lazy Days tuesday and they said motor was burned out.I picked up the coach as they said it would be over a week to get the motor from Entegra.
GES627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:30 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
I took me 3 days to get a motor for my entry shade from Entegra. But that was a week ago and things change quickly. :-)
Old 08-23-2013, 04:51 AM   #12

I need an entire new night entry shade and my dealer was told Entegra had none in stock. It would be two to three weeks before they could ship one.
Tim McK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 05:03 AM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Do you guys have the MCD shades as I do in our Newmar? I have had many issues with mine as well.
MoBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 12:48 PM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoBlue View Post
Do you guys have the MCD shades as I do in our Newmar? I have had many issues with mine as well.
Are you still having trouble with your shades?
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote