Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-15-2017, 01:35 PM   #29

Entegra Owners Club
In the Spartan service center look for an inline fuse from the chassis battery. Could be a 50 amp or so.
At the BIM did you have power on the chassis terminal?
I'm not at our coach so can't investigate all the possibilities.
Gasman 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-15-2017, 04:19 PM   #30

At the new BIM I can register power from the chassis & house batteries, so I know there is no problem (blown fuses, etc.) up to this point. I have checked all of the fuses & relays associated with Ignition, ACC, gauges, etc... at the panel below drivers seat.

I don't think the ignition / dash gauges are seeing any power at all. The only change I see when turning the ignition key is "Allison" light up where I would normally see "Park", "Neutral", etc.

Gasman, are you referring to the small bay under driver's seat as the Spartan Service Center ? I see a 80 amp bus, but no large amp fuses.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Service Center.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	287.5 KB
ID:	168860  
lagoon410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 04:45 PM   #31

Entegra Owners Club
Chuck, I was referring to the compartment where the chassis batteries are located. I'm thinking there Is an inline fuse that feels power to the chassis engine ECM.
In that front compartment under the drive seat that shiny round relay that's kind of in the center of things is the coach master shut off. You should have power on both side of this if have the coach master switch on by the entry steps.
But this should not be related to the engine not starting.
Sounds like two different problems. But I really don't know.
Give Spartan a call and see if they can help you on the engine not starting.
What lead up to this condition?
Old 07-15-2017, 06:16 PM   #32

Entegra Owners Club
In your first post you mention lightening. Is it possible the coach took a hit? You are stating multiple issues: engine won't start, right slide making a noise, no power or lights in coach.
Was coach plugged into shore power.
Look around coach to see if there other evidence of a lightning hit. Is there a near by tree with the bark peeled. Does the transfer switch on shore power and gen both?
Old 07-15-2017, 06:30 PM   #33

Entegra Owners Club
You mentioned lightening in your first post.
Is it possible your coach took a hit.
With multiple issues: coach won't start, no power or lights in coach, right side slide has noise. Sounds more like a lightening hit. Check around coach for other evidence of a lightening hit. A tree near by with bark peeled down the side. Check with neighbors if they heard a close hit. Does the transfer switch work on both shore power and gen?
Old 07-16-2017, 10:33 AM   #34

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lagoon410 View Post
Update for this morning. I have the new BIM installed and the first Operational Test is to verify the Boost Switch connects the two battery systems. I found a blown fuse for the Boost Switch and once this was replaced, everything checked out fine.

The 2nd test requires starting the engine..... I have charged the chassis and house batteries and the coach still won't crank. I do not get anything from the ignition / engine gauges.

Also, none of the light switches, window shades or slides will operate !

My main concern is to get the engine running. Does anyone know of a particular fuse or relay that would keep the ignition/dash gauges from working and the engine from turning over ?
Chuck,

With none of the 12v side of things working this may also be related to your problem. Below your BIM is the Bad Boy battery relay, check for power getting through there to your 12v side of things.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 10:35 AM   #35

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
At the new BIM I can register power from the chassis & house batteries, so I know there is no problem (blown fuses, etc.) up to this point. I have checked all of the fuses & relays associated with Ignition, ACC, gauges, etc... at the panel below drivers seat.

I don't think the ignition / dash gauges are seeing any power at all. The only change I see when turning the ignition key is "Allison" light up where I would normally see "Park", "Neutral", etc.

Gasman, are you referring to the small bay under driver's seat as the Spartan Service Center ? I see a 80 amp bus, but no large amp fuses.
Chuck,

From the picture it looks like the white wire for the top left slide controller is not connected.

Old 07-16-2017, 10:46 AM   #36

Entegra Owners Club
Chuck,

A bit of a shot in the dark but see if you have 12v power on the left side of that 80 amp fuse that is below the slide controllers in your picture. That fuse sends power to the fuse blocks on the left and one of those fuses is battery disconnect.

Old 07-16-2017, 10:47 AM   #37

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 757driver View Post
Chuck,

From the picture it looks like the white wire for the top left slide controller is not connected.
Good eye Don.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 02:27 PM   #38

No visual signs of a lightening strike but haven't been on roof yet. Coach is in a storage lot, no trees close by but a lot of metal storage buildings. Not connected to shore power.

The white wire in service bay associated with the front PS slide was disconnected by me to stop the continuous clicking of the slide motor. I was concerned it was going to burn the motor up.

Some of the 12v components work and some don't:

Not working:

Window shades
Slides
Ability to turn any of the lights on or off
IGNITION / dash gauges

Working:

Leveling jacks
Some of the lights are on, but I can't turn them off
Dash radio, vent fans, cameras
Power steps & Awning
Water pump
Light panel button that turns the panel back light on / off - It's strange this button works but NONE of the others do ??

I want to think that the slides and shades not working may be associated with the ignition and a Safety Override.
lagoon410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 02:47 PM   #39

Entegra Owners Club
I don't thing ignition on would lock out the shades. At least I can operate the front day shades on the go.

Did you cycle the master power switch at the entry steps.

Is there 12 volts at the terminal marked "ignition " on the BIM when ignition switch is on.
Old 07-16-2017, 04:55 PM   #40

Entegra Owners Club
Don, 357 Drive,
Is there any chassis fuses in the rear Spartan Service Center besides those under the round cover? I thinking there is a inline fuse for the ECM or perhaps another inline fuse for chassis functions.
Thanks
Old 07-17-2017, 10:15 AM   #41

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasman 2 View Post
Don, 357 Drive,
Is there any chassis fuses in the rear Spartan Service Center besides those under the round cover? I thinking there is a inline fuse for the ECM or perhaps another inline fuse for chassis functions.
Thanks
There may be although I have not seen their exact location.

Old 07-17-2017, 10:23 AM   #42

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
No visual signs of a lightening strike but haven't been on roof yet. Coach is in a storage lot, no trees close by but a lot of metal storage buildings. Not connected to shore power.

The white wire in service bay associated with the front PS slide was disconnected by me to stop the continuous clicking of the slide motor. I was concerned it was going to burn the motor up.

Some of the 12v components work and some don't:

Not working:

Window shades
Slides
Ability to turn any of the lights on or off
IGNITION / dash gauges

Working:

Leveling jacks
Some of the lights are on, but I can't turn them off
Dash radio, vent fans, cameras
Power steps & Awning
Water pump
Light panel button that turns the panel back light on / off - It's strange this button works but NONE of the others do ??

I want to think that the slides and shades not working may be associated with the ignition and a Safety Override.
Chuck,

Most if not all that is still working is not run through the 12v battery disconnect. Check for power at each side of the bad boy 12v relay.

Tags
electric, electrical, ems, problems