Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-18-2018, 08:53 PM   #1

Electricity problem- anyone know what's wrong?

Today my Anthem started jumping in and out of 120v power (I am plugged into 50 amp power). It has a Surge Guard 40250. It works on the inverters until the coach picks up the pedestal power again (time varies). The display at the power cord reel reads "delay active" when the power is cut , otherwise reads 120v both legs.
I noticed yesterday that the stove had turned off totally but came back when the a/c came back on. I think that may have been the moment that the pedestal power returned. My wife said that the washing machine turned on by itself also. I have turned both off at their breakers.
Does anyone have any suggestions what I can try myself before I try to find someone to check out my problem?
Thanks in advance.
gizmo123316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-18-2018, 09:04 PM   #2

If you’re at an RV campground I would first check with the office personnel to check the pedestal to see if the fault is at the pedestal or if they had a surge/power outage. I would also check the condition of the prongs on any connections you may be using. Most likely the surge guard the culprit.
EVsCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 09:18 PM   #3

Here is a link to the troubleshooting guide. Delay Start means a fault occurred and the situation causing the fault has been corrected and a 2.5 minute delay is active.

http://trci.net/media/157623/40250tr...ide_90860d.pdf

I'm guessing the power coming in has an issue and the unit it protecting your coach and operating as designed. If after checking the pedestal power, try moving to a different pedestal and seeing if the issue goes away or follows you.
Old 03-18-2018, 10:05 PM   #4

I would disconnect from shore power, start your generator and see if everything is normal. Then you will know if it is a pedestal issue. Most likely it is bad campground power at your pedestal.
737 Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 10:46 PM   #5

I think I may have found the problem. I needed an extension and the one that I have is defective. The power hasn't quit for the last while, since I got plugged in directly without the extension. The power system worked as it was supposed to.

Thank you for your responses.
gizmo123316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 05:23 AM   #6

Gals you figured it out and it's a simp-le fix... I like those kind
Old 03-19-2018, 06:35 AM   #7

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ok.. First you told us the Surge Guard is what is cutting power to the coah No issue with the coach itself.

My best guess, and I stress guess, is that the park voltage is flucuating. This may be due to any of a number of reasons. But one reason (This is the only one that's your fault) is DIRTY PLUG.

Unplug (turn off breaker first) and inspect the pins Black or Copper? Polish them up (Wire brush, emery cloth DE-OX-it spray) get 'em nice and shiney.. If you can get dome DE-OX-IT (Alas easiest source is Radio Shack, I get mine from All-Electronics) Spray it and allow to dry a bit.

But what is happening option 1:
When loads increasek esp8ically in your RV, the voltage at the park outlet (or to be more precise at the input to the surge guard) goes down at the cut off voltage CLUNK and you are cut off.

THen with the reduction in load.. Up comes the voltage to what you see when you go out and looi.. Check it with air conditioners running.

Option 2:
Power line work, shutting off and turning right back on, VERY HARD on Air conditioners so the Surge Guard holds you off for 3 minutes (close to it)

Tags
electric