Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-24-2021, 02:05 PM   #1

Emergency information in our wallets

When we travel, we travel with two cats and we tend to travel far from home. Often gone for 3 or 4 months at a clip. We have worried about us ever being in an accident either in our coach or in our toad away from our coach. So we have developed a sheet that we insert in our two wallets that has location and access information for rescuers to get into the coach in an emergency, the location of the coach, and contact information for central people that could be contacted in an emergency to make arrangements to get Dee or Me or the coach and the cats back to our hour or to some place that is helpful. Also, we have contracted with SkyMed to fly us to other hospitals or to home if that was required and also pay the cost of transporting the cats and the coach back home if necessary.

I have obviously blacked out the private information but I show you this just as an example of what sorts of information that we have on us at all times, when we travel.

I publish it to give some others some ideas and generate other's ideas on how to deal with possible emergencies far from home.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-24-2021, 02:20 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
I had thought of something similar but had not completely wrapped my head around it. Thanks for giving me a prod get this completed.
jwprosser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 02:22 PM   #3

Jayco Owners Club
Perhaps another copy stuck with a magnet to your RV fridge would be of value. ~CA
Old 07-24-2021, 02:25 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks for the reminder Gary. I've got emergency info, numbers, cards, etc. in various places at home and in the RV but have not yet taken the time to put it all together. Once we get back from the Big Easy it's on my list.
2003 Alegro Bus (sold)
garysfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 02:40 PM   #5
WDW

Question - do you post a cell number on the outside of the coach for emergency contact?
WDW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 03:10 PM   #6

Gary,

These people must really like you. I would not pickup the Coach, be worried the DEF head will fail and leave me stranded. Sorry couldn't resist.
Old 07-24-2021, 03:29 PM   #7

We have an emergency medical form listing: Doctors w/ address and phone. All Prescription drugs with Rx numbers. All vaccines, with dates. Everything but our SS number.
Old 07-24-2021, 04:12 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW View Post
Question - do you post a cell number on the outside of the coach for emergency contact?
We have a dog and when we have to leave him we have a red stop sign shaped sticker with his name, ours and our cell.
2003 Alegro Bus (sold)
garysfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 04:30 PM   #9

WDW

Right from our first coach, I DO have my cell phone number on a small notice taped to the inside of the small window right beside the entrance door. That notice says there are two gray cats in the coach and my cell. I have worried about some imposter or "spoofer", but thought it was worth the risk.

Thankfully, we have never needed it.

One more relevant issue.... I have a cellular based thermometer in the coach that measures the temperature and reports it to a central processing computer. Via an app, I can access it from anywhere with cell phone coverage to see the temperature inside the coach. I was also able to set an alarm point above the set temperature on the thermostats in the coach, that the cell-thermometer should never get to.... but if the AC units fail, or the coach has no power and the temperature goes up, then the cell-based thermostat will also start sending me text messages about the temperature being abnormally high.

The cell-based unit that I use is called Temp-Stick. It is available on Amazon and the cell service and monitoring is included in the purchase price.

Lets us monitor the cats environment while we are "day touring" in the Honda.

Gary
Old 07-24-2021, 06:24 PM   #10
WDW

Thank you for sharing.
WDW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 06:34 PM   #11

For $10 I got 250 full color business cards with enough info for first responders to handle everything. Put one in my wallet at every stop. There is enough info for them to react but not enough for someone to use criminally. It shows our name, email, phone #, phone of our emergency contact, space for location of our parked rv ( this is blank and we fill it in at every stop). Our emergency contact then has all the info needed to proceed, pick up rv etc.
The card has “ In Case of Emergency” as the heading in red on top of the card.
netjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 06:46 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Thanks for sharing the wallet card idea Gary. That is smart.
We keep emergency info in our home safe and in our RV as well as in our phones but none of that is immediately accessible to anyone if we have a serious accident.

We do use temp-stick to alert us if the coach gets to hot or to cold based on the alert temps we set. I have it set to text and email us. Mine runs off the WiFi that is provided by a jetpack I leave plugged up in the coach. Temp-Stick uses very little data and has no monthly fee.

Hal and Pam
2017 Entegra Cornerstone - B
2020 Ford Edge ST
RVFunlovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 08:10 PM   #13

Hal made me realize that I made some incorrect statements earlier. The Temp-Stick is an internet based system and not a cell based system.

It is complex because it makes its connection to my WIFI router in the bus, which is then connected to my cell-based hot spots, which then relay, presumably via the internet. But it does not begin with a cellular connection.

I apologize for the misinformation and glad to have a chance to clear it up.

Gary
Old 07-24-2021, 09:53 PM   #14

Pet Emergency Wallet Card
We got cards from our Veterinarian
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote