Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-25-2023, 07:07 PM   #29

Discounts

New to RVing and this site. It has been a wealth of information and entertainment! Thanks for that!

We have an app, Upside, that we use that gives a small discount on both gas and diesel. It also has some restaurants that participate. It allows you to deposit to your bank account or get a gift card to a variety of places. You can use it in conjunction with other discounts.

Hope someone finds this helpful!
pguzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-25-2023, 07:13 PM   #30

Just and old trucker reply. In the trucking industry many years ago and I watched a lot of changes. Old Truck Stops were just that, Truck Stops. They had a tire man and a lube guy that could so service work on your truck. Most had a cafe next door or on the lot that served up home cooking for the drivers. A few of the stops would have a bunk house out back and for a few bucks you could get a bed and a shower.

Then came the more modern Truck Stop. They had it all, a tire shop, a service shop, road service showers, cafe and a general store all wrapped up in one. The traveling public learned that most had good food at reasonable prices, so they started to stopping. There were even a few that had a motel next door.

Now along came the cheap Fuel Stops. No showers, no cafe, no tire service and very little parking. Fuel was cheaper, they didn't have the overhead of the big guys across the streets. So Mr Trucker, drives in the cheap fuel stop, then drives across the street to the big guy and gets on the radio and wants someone to give him a shower ticket, the one you get for buying fuel there. He ate takeout at the cheap place so he doesn't ever buy anything in the cafe. But, he parks his truck there all night bucause there wasn't any parking at the cheap place.

Bottom line the cheap fuel places put the big guys in the hole. Ok I will shut up, time for me to take my pills. Thanks, Bob
Bob 009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 07:28 PM   #31

Why would an oil company shut down fuel sales? I would have to highly question this rumor! Happy Trails 😀
Capt. Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 07:52 PM   #32

I call bull$hit. Does not make sense and sounds like a made up story.
kwahl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 08:08 PM   #33

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I find it hard to believe they will shut down the back side, truck fuel which most likely accounts for more than 70%of fuel sales.

Back in the late 90's BP got deep into the retail side in at least Ohio. They owned hundreds of bp centers. They figured out they were no good at running retail and had a fire sale. In the sale the buyer agreed to keep selling bp for like 20-30 years. Is this the end game that bp is looking at for ta . run it a couple of years and sell it to a buyer locked into bp fuel for 30 years.
ArtJoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 11:28 PM   #34

If BP plans to get into electric charging buying TA might make sense for an additional reason. The problem with ev’s is range on a charge. While some claim more the most realistic is 200-250 miles, which is not enough for long distance travel. Right now most chargers don’t have facilities and food convenient. If they install charging you could begin to consider an ev for long distance driving - stop and eat, charge, and relax for an hour then be on the way again.
rvvolunteer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2023, 08:43 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by darjacob View Post
My son is a OTR trucker and he said talk on the road is that since BP purchased TA/Petro, they are going to stop servicing trucks and are going to remove the truck fuel pumps within the next year...
Option #2

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dict...or%2C%20gossip
Rob_from_Aho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2023, 12:44 PM   #36

Sounds like “Fake News” to me!
vtwinwilly is offline   Reply With Quote