Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-06-2018, 02:16 PM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
An easy quick fix is to silicone a knob on top of the switch. I used one of the wood screw plugs used on the interior trim of our coaches. Easy to feel the knob when dropping your hand down. It peeled right off when I put the coach up for sale so I still had the factory look, but I did change it to a later model red switch.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-06-2018, 02:42 PM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Maybe this will help, post 1922
Although, it's for a Cornerstone.

Then go to post 1943.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/tell...54379-138.html

Cheers
HarleySG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 04:02 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
An easy quick fix is to silicone a knob on top of the switch. I used one of the wood screw plugs used on the interior trim of our coaches. Easy to feel the knob when dropping your hand down. It peeled right off when I put the coach up for sale so I still had the factory look, but I did change it to a later model red switch.
Good idea and simple thanks
anthem16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 08:08 PM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
I got a switch back in the good old days, when you could get parts directly from Entegra. I was looking to get just the toggle portion, but had to get entire switch. New switch harness was not compatible, so I just used toggle portion on my existing switch. Simple thing, but a huge improvement. I just have to remember that I don't have a 3 position brake as the new switch indicates.
Old 07-06-2018, 08:24 PM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
Re the 3 stage aux brake on my 2016 Cornerstone I put three drops of superglue gel on the switch. Can’t miss it now. Just feel for the three bumps.

Also did same gel drops on dock lights to find them quickly. In heavy traffic when no one wants to let me move over with turn signal lights only, I find the appropriate dock light switch and begin turning them in and off rapidly. I’m amazed at how quickly some cars jam on their brakes to let me in

Re brake glazing. Per Spartan and PJ...don’t worry about it if you have a Cornerstone. No glazing with discs all around.
The Taj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 08:30 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Taj View Post
Also did same gel drops on dock lights to find them quickly. In heavy traffic when no one wants to let me move over with turn signal lights only, I find the appropriate dock light switch and begin turning them in and off rapidly. I’m amazed at how quickly some cars jam on their brakes to let me in
Great idea - love it!
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 08:35 PM   #21

I talked to Entegra about getting a switch for a 14 aspire. For a buddy. He wanted raised switch. They told me nope. Won’t work, not the same thing
Slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 08:43 PM   #22

Also look here, it has the correct part number:

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/tell...54379-139.html

Post number 1943
RubiconTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 04:11 AM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice View Post
I talked to Entegra about getting a switch for a 14 aspire. For a buddy. He wanted raised switch. They told me nope. Won’t work, not the same thing
The red switch in this photo is the same that I put on my 14, I believe it is off the 15. They are plug and play. I siliconed a wood, screw hole cover on top of that and had a homemade raised switch
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/tell...ml#post3317773
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 07:33 AM   #24

Quote:
The red switch in this photo is the same that I put on my 14, I believe it is off the 15. They are plug and play. I siliconed a wood, screw hole cover on top of that and had a homemade raised switch
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/tell...ml#post3317773
Yes just what it is, thanks alot , I'll do the gluing something on there . Easy!!!
anthem16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 08:05 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWBAZ View Post
That's not what he's asking about. In the 2018 and later Entegra motorhome (perhaps even earlier model years), the on-off rocker switch for the engine brake has a raised lever in the center of it to make it easy to locate by feel rather than having to look. Next to that switch is the switch to select Low, Medium or High engine braking. That switch also has the raised lever on it.

Very handy once you get used to it.
Our '17 Aspire has just a single off/lo/high switch.
It's red and has the lever in the center.
Impossible to miss, hit it by feel every time.
oneknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 07:45 AM   #26

Quote:
I was having the same issue having to look down at the console to find the switch. I simply stuck a 3/4 inch square of the "fuzzy" half of a Velcro sticky back pair to the top of the switch. (The Velcro squares come with a "hook" and "fuzzy" mate.) Now, I can easily locate the switch by feel!
Anthem15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 08:24 AM   #27

If you want the correct switch, the new style jake brake switch (the one that comes in the 2017 Aspire and Anthem) for classic Anthem and Aspire owners it is Entegra part number 0269273.

It is a Carling Contura X switch, which DO NOT have interchangable toggles, so the entire one piece switch has to be replaced, not just the face as shown in the picture above. If you get this part number it is specific to the 2 stage Jake on the 450ISL, and has the correct wiring an number of switch positions.

John
RubiconTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 04:26 PM   #28
rbr

Entegra Owners Club
I did the fuzzy Velcro thing Anthem15 mentioned when I first got the coach and it helped a lot. Before we went to Colorado last summer I swapped positions of that switch and the mirror heat switch that was just to the right of the mirror pad. I think I may have used mirror heat once in 3+ years, and the engine brake switch is now in the perfect spot for my arm and seating position.
rbr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brake, engine, switch