Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-16-2021, 07:17 PM   #1

Engine Error Code

Good afternoon all, I was hoping someone could help me. I did an oil change in my coach this weekend. I have the Cummins ISL 450 in my Entegra 42DEQ. After changing the oil and fuel filters I started her up and got a couple error codes. They read “ SOURCE 0 ENGINE SPN 97 FMI 3. The engine started and stalled after a couple seconds. I restarted her and and she sounds fine. I assumed she stalled cause the fuel filter change may have caused an air blip even though I preloaded the fuel and oil filters. The check engine comes on every time I start her up. Can anyone help me out here. I did leave one detail out. When I was changing the oil and filters I drained the oil and I turned the ignition on before I put the oil in so I can get the miles so I could write it on the fuel filters. I did not try to start her as there was no oil in her. I have a feeling that set off the error code. Can someone help me confirm if that’s the code means?
Bananasdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-16-2021, 07:30 PM   #2

Water in fuel?
Motang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 07:35 PM   #3

The code means "Water-in-Fuel Indicator Sensor Circuit - Voltage AboveNormal or Shorted to High Source. High voltage detected at thewater-infuel circuit."

Here is the website for reference: https://www.blog-teknisi.com/2018/11...-code-428.html

Something has happened with your water sensor when you changed your Fuel Filter. Shorted line, connection issue, bad sensor. Maybe you actually have water in there? Read the web page, go back to what you did.

Good luck!
gjames50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 09:51 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Bananas dad,

Reading your post you stated you turn the ignition on before installing filters to check mileage.
gjames50’s trouble shooting link, which is excellent, toward the end states if the wire leads to the filter are open it will create an error message “water in fuel”.
The ECM is sending 5 Volts to the filter and is expecting 5 volts return.
When you turn the ignition on with filters removed you created an open circuit thus the error.
I would think the error would clear after installing the new filter and starting engine.
If not disconnect and reconnect the wire leads to the filter.

Richard
Gasman 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 12:21 PM   #5

Have you plugged the sensor back in on the primary filter? I got a similar message once (maybe same) and when I reinstalled the primary filter I forgot to plug the sensor back in. Once plugged in and I restarted the error code went away.
Old 08-17-2021, 01:30 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Hi - Some codes require so many starts before they clear. Not sure about this one. If the sensor is plugged in properly then run it through a few start and stop cycles before hitting the panic button.

Tom
Old 08-18-2021, 06:04 AM   #7

Good morning everyone, first thing thank you gjames50 for the code interpitation and thank you everyone for your input. I unplugged my fuel filter plug and then plugged it back. It took two starts but the error code disappeared. I love this forum and all the great insight the people/friend share. My wife and I are full time RVers and there is always something that needs repair but its so much easier with everyone’s help!!!!!
Bananasdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 06:23 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
After trying a Nexus 102 P code reader, it is a tool worth having for those that DIY maintenance. https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...r%27&_osacat=0
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 07:00 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Mr. Banansdad,

Just an after though I believe you can read the mileage without turning the ignition on by pushing either the up or down arrows on the dash.
Glad the error cleared, enjoy your full time adventure.

Richard
Old 08-18-2021, 11:04 AM   #10

Gasman

Richard, good to see you helping other drivers..... I KNEW that you would not be able to stay away.... --

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 08:01 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Yeah Gary I still hanging around the forum,

I told Carolyn today to keep the week of September 13th open. She ask me why and replied that’s the week of the Hershey RV show. Won’t hurt to go by and kick of few tires.[emoji3]

We have been on the road via a four wheeler. Albany NY to visit our son and family. Put quite few miles on toll roads.
NY thruway from Pa State line to Albany.
Albany to Perth Amboy and pickup Jersey TPK to the Pa TPK to New Stanton.
Stop at Breezewood to check out the abandoned Rays Hill Tunnel on the turnpike. I travel through it in 1964 on the way to Fort Dix.

Last week we were at the SC coast with our daughter and family, yep on the WVA TPK both south and north. I haven’t look at the Easypass statement yet, no point.

Gary I have been following your post about your trips to the Dallas area for medical reasons, hope and pray that’s going well for you and Dee.
I have the map out now planning the next trip before Hershey.

Gary you take care, thanks for reaching out to me.

Richard
Old 08-18-2021, 08:21 PM   #12

Richard

Both Ree and I are "in remission" and doing well.

Always great to see you post!

Good health..

Gary
Old 08-18-2021, 08:21 PM   #13

Richard

Both Dee and I are "in remission" and doing well.

Always great to see you post!

Good health..

Gary
Old 08-18-2021, 09:28 PM   #14

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Did you change the O rings on the fuel filters? I didn't once, thinking the old O ring looked fine, and the fuel filters are the exact same. Wrong! The new filter O ring was fatter, the old O ring was allowing air to be sucked in, thus throwing some obscure code.

Tags
engine