Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-10-2014, 07:02 AM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Johnny,

I assure you, the dinner story would be more strange or obtuse than my interactions with Scott over the course of four months last year. Sometime the codes tell you what the problems are, sometimes they result from symptoms that mask where the real problem is, sometimes they make no sense (to the guys who program the dang things, ... well...that's why I suggested the interaction. Over time, I'm learning more and more about this coach, but I am never above calling these folks at Spartan or Entegra when it comes to the electrical package on both the chassis and the coach because they are so complex.

The good thing is that both you and Chuck, are, or will be at the front end of your warrantee period. I guess what you have to hope is that by the end of the two years, you hope to know enough to troubleshoot ...or know when to go to a service place ... or you can simply buy another new Entegra, thus increasing the number of resales out there for a growing number of folks wanting a used, but very nice dream coach
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-10-2014, 09:25 AM   #16

Yep I agree I am set up for Monday morning at rocky mountain sparks nv, Which is great as they are a cummins and Spartan authorized service center the bad news is the distance from my store, 2 miles
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 10:49 PM   #17

ya know bro b I was checking that list a week ago and I didn't find them either and thought well I just may have the wrong list go figure, thx for the concern you should be be on the road soon we know the feeling too well I hope I can help when you get rolling,
Old 01-11-2014, 03:37 PM   #18

I cranked up yesterday, after engine has been sitting for a week at Stone Mtn GA.
I got a check engine light, at warm-up and then killed the engine for a few. Started back up and after a few min, got the light again. The fault code was 111 and mid engine 128.
I googled the 111 and it said faulty ECM.
Called Cummins Mid-South in BHM and after about 5 min he called me back and said "low coolant". Seems the overflow reservoir was a bit low and sensor caught it. Added a little water n off I go.
The guy told me to never use the internets explanation because there are so many codes from so many different sources. He said to always call them and they have some software that crunches the numbers and cross references them for him.
Big difference between a faulty ECM and a couple of bottled waters.
Jus sayin
Jeff
La-Z-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 03:51 PM   #19

good info thx
Old 03-25-2014, 07:03 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario-John View Post
I get the same codes on my Aspire randomly. After getting them checked out it turns out they are nothing. I was told when you are starting the 2 items are the last to test and the computer will briefly display them and go away. I have not had a single issue and they do not show in current faults after the engine is running. If you wait about 5 seconds after the please wait before cranking the engine they never appear, if you crank right when the please wait light goes out you will see them flash by the screen and vanish. If the check engine light goes on and stays on and there are no current fault codes listed it was just a timing sequence when you went to start it. Turn off the engine and flip the main power in the side compartment on and off and it will go away. I dont bother with that if there are no current codes.
Mario,, mine would never go away only for a few minutes now and then you may just have a loose wire on yours, mine is that a bad realy or a busted wire I will know soon. and post.
Old 07-06-2014, 01:35 PM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Hey Johnny I got 1081 today, did you ever learn what this code meant ? When we were preparing to depart from the CG I heard air dumping near the drive axle and have a hunch it is related to low air pressure. I set the throttle ti high idle and once it got up to about 100 PSI the air stopped escaping.
oneal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 01:58 PM   #22

Try turning the key to on but don't start wait about 45 seconds it should go off I always start this way it clears everything in thaqt time let me know what happens,
Old 07-06-2014, 05:21 PM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyreno View Post
Try turning the key to on but don't start wait about 45 seconds it should go off I always start this way it clears everything in thaqt time let me know what happens,

No, still there. Did they explain what 1081 referred to when you took yours in ? Thanks
Old 07-06-2014, 06:13 PM   #24

An SPN 1081 FM119 is a communication error. Nothing mechanical. Cycle the motor and let it run for about 4 minutes. Repeat until the light goes off. I had to do mine about 3 times.
Fasteddie08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 06:50 PM   #25

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fasteddie08 View Post
An SPN 1081 FM119 is a communication error. Nothing mechanical. Cycle the motor and let it run for about 4 minutes. Repeat until the light goes off. I had to do mine about 3 times.
Those are the exact same letters, I will try that tomorrow. If you don't mind can you share where you found the interpretation of the code ?

Thank you for responding.
Old 07-06-2014, 07:21 PM   #26

On the dash read out where the arrows are. The coach has to be in neutral with the brake on, only then will you be able to down arrow to the diagnostic menu then arrow over to the fault codes
Old 07-06-2014, 07:51 PM   #27

http://www.diesel-service-parts.com/isc-codes.html
Old 07-06-2014, 11:06 PM   #28

what fast ed said, 1081 will go away you may have took off b4 the air was full or something like that it will go out though, my 729 code was a loose wire on the top of the engine block.