Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-18-2021, 01:49 PM   #1

Engine hours on newer Entegra

I have been going through all the dash and joystick menus that I can find (and even the largely useless owners manual for this Cornerstone) to find how to see the accumulated engine hours. I have written it down in my logbook before so I know that I must be able to see it, but I just can't remember how, or where that value can be read.

Someone, please remind me how to see the engine hours....

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-18-2021, 02:02 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I don’t have digital dash yet so I cant see engine hours on the dash. I can see it on my ipad when using a BlueFire adapter.
Sold 2017 Entegra Cornerstone B
RVFunlovers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 05:55 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I can't help with the digital dash, however, on my '18 Anthem, the Engine Hours are displayed on the same LCD screen display as the Oil Pressure/Coolant Temperature/Battery Voltage:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Eng Hours.JPG
Views:	51
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	336494

Take care,
Stu
Old 07-19-2021, 04:36 PM   #4

Well, since no one came up with the answer for my digital dash, I was forced to Call Entegra which didn't know but referred me on through to Spartan and they didn't think it was possible on my '19Cornerstone to see the Cummins engine hours.

I know I have seen it. I keep a logbook of all my trips and repairs and I have recently scanned all pages of my log books so I constantly can see the logs regardless of where I am, so I see that I have definitely entered the engine hours at various points over the past couple of years.

So if the dash and the software don't show it, how do I have it entered occasionally in my log? Then I remembered that I have had the coach to Cummins about three times for various problems and I'll bet that when I got a computer printout of their work or their bill that the bill or printout has it printed on it. I can confirm that when I get home and consult that file.

I'll update when I find out for sure.

Gary
Old 07-19-2021, 04:47 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Only place I could find hours is in the trip function. But that is only good till you reset it. I reset #1 before long trip and #2 every fill up.
Old 07-19-2021, 06:53 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
How about generator hours on the digital dash? I’m sure I’ve seen it could not find it tonight.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 07:04 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Not sure about dash, but generator hours are on Vegatouch.
Old 07-19-2021, 07:37 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 Driver View Post
I can't help with the digital dash, however, on my '18 Anthem, the Engine Hours are displayed on the same LCD screen display as the Oil Pressure/Coolant Temperature/Battery Voltage:

Attachment 336494

Take care,
Stu
Gary, as you can see in the attached photo I shot just a few minutes ago, the same information Stu mentioned is available on my 2018 Cornerstone. If that info is provided on my old, worn-out, tired and wholly antiquated 2018, surely it is available on your snazzy, ultra-modern, fully-featured 2019 with it's snazzy, ultra-modern, fully-featured digital dash!

Keep looking!!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Engine Hours-2021-07-19.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	336585  
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 07:46 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
The best description of the available menus on the Spartan Chassis Lightbar Message Center for my '18 Anthem comes from a document ("Ametek Spartan RV User Manual Updated 4-6-17.pdf") that was provided on a USB drive at my Spartan Academy. I haven't found any other definitive source for info regarding the menus on my '18 Anthem.

Has anyone been provided a similar document for their digital dashboards? Perhaps on a USB drive at a Spartan Academy?

I've searched the Owner's Center section of https://www.entegracoach.com and the Resources section of https://www.spartanrvchassis.com/ to no avail.

For those of you with newer coaches, there must be some sort of documentation for the digital dashboard. Where is it?

Take care,
Stu
Old 07-19-2021, 08:02 PM   #10

Well, on my lavish, ultra-modern, "has everything" 2019 Cornerstone, Entegra, Spartan, and I cannot find that information. It is hard to fathom, I know, but as super as my 19 is, it seems everyone has forgotten how to find it or for some reason decided it wasn't worth knowing. Spartan (seriously) guessed that there was not enough memory for everything one might want to know and had to decide what was most important?!? Maybe I will get rid of this super sophisticated digital wonder and look for a reasonably good shape 2018. You got one for sale? Maybe I could be expected to add a 256 Meg USB Thumb drive to the ECM for ~ $10 bucks to help out the technology hardware.

Alternately, I guess I could stop in every Cummins shop I pass, maybe every month, and I'm sure they would be happy to hook me up to their computer and give me a read-out of engine hours, gratis.

Thanks for the idea Larry !

Gary
Old 07-19-2021, 08:11 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Well, on my lavish, ultra-modern, "has everything" 2019 Cornerstone, Entegra, Spartan, and I cannot find that information. It is hard to fathom, I know, but as super as my 19 is, it seems everyone has forgotten how to find it or for some reason decided it wasn't worth knowing. Spartan (seriously) guessed that there was not enough memory for everything one might want to know and had to decide what was most important?!? Maybe I will get rid of this super sophisticated digital wonder and look for a reasonably good shape 2018. You got one for sale? Maybe I could be expected to add a 256 Meg USB Thumb drive to the ECM for ~ $10 bucks to help out the technology hardware.

Alternately, I guess I could stop in every Cummins shop I pass, maybe every month, and I'm sure they would be happy to hook me up to their computer and give me a read-out of engine hours, gratis.

Thanks for the idea Larry !

Gary
While you’re at it program that thumb drive to ignore any def discrepancy codes if they happen to come up.😀😀
J Gunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 08:19 PM   #12

Gary, my money is still on it being there, especially since you believe you've accessed it in the past. The display on my 2018 isn't overly intuitive and I've more than once been in a situation similar to yours, where I'm saying to myself, "I know this display can provide this information I want to see, and I know I've displayed it before. But I can't for the life of me figure out how to display it now!"

And like many things in life, the more determined I get to figure it out the less likely I am to figure it out. Then I go back a day or two later, try again, and up it pops.

But on the assumption that your beautiful, elegantly sophisticated, awe-inducting digital dash is truly incapable of displaying engine hours, my next thought would be that maybe one or more of the various fault code readers on the market can do so.
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 08:31 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Fox View Post
Not sure about dash, but generator hours are on Vegatouch.

Thanks Tim I knew I had seen it somewhere!
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 10:15 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
I have been going through all the dash and joystick menus that I can find (and even the largely useless owners manual for this Cornerstone) to find how to see the accumulated engine hours. I have written it down in my logbook before so I know that I must be able to see it, but I just can't remember how, or where that value can be read.

Someone, please remind me how to see the engine hours....

Gary
I see it under settings-obd on my 20 cornerstone. Bottom left.

Name:	IMG_20210716_145058.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	235.4 KB
ID:	336599
lbayers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
engine, entegra