Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-21-2020, 02:03 PM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Just took delivery of a 2020 Entegra Accolade 37 TS in June 2020. We had put a deposit on it in March but Covid extended out our delivery due to a lock down in our County. We just completed a 5000 mi. trip with it and had a couple of issues that we are going back to the dealer to rectify (hopefully). Overall the unit performed well, the spaciousness of the two slides in the living area is really the allure of this particular unit in my opinion. Overall quality is a step up from the Thor we had (33 SW on F550 diesel 6.7 Chasis) with much more room. The coach is a little sluggish out of the gate but about what is expected from something this size and weight pulling a trailer. Surprised to have an amber check engine light come on 2 hours into the trip and made a stop at a Freightliner shop to have it looked at and was told the message had to do with the DEF and sometimes they just "hiccup" and clear out which is what it did after the tech hooked up the computer and it stayed off for most of the trip but did come back on for the last couple of legs home to Florida from South Dakota but did not appear to effect performance or be anything serious. Bedroom slide became out of adjustment and was sliding in on an angle. Was able to work it back and forth a couple of times and get it to come in but it was a constant issue. Black and Grey tanks will almost never read empty and in fact the black will read totally full even after I evacuate it with the macerator, even after running a flushing wand down the toilet, even after putting a couple of five gallon buckets of water down the toilet and driving around with some ice in there too. I have tried all the tricks I know to make sure there is no debris on the sensor to no avail, so back to the dealer we go on that one. The metal conduit they used as wire chases under the dinette slide move in a "mickey mouse" track over the house batteries that broke and caused the wiring to hang up on something while the slide was extending. This caused the conduit to break loose from the elbow going into the wall of the slide and may have stretched out a connection to some lighting since I now have an intermittent issue with the overhead dinette light. The middle entry way stair tread was not properly applied and set back so that there was sub-flooring firmly beneath the rubber tread which caused it to crack and tear just from normal entry and exit traffic by two people over 10 days. A relatively easy fix. The bulkhead behind the driver's seat and over head bunk appears to have become loosened from the body and visible movement on the driver's side is apparent along with a never ending squeaking and creaking that mimics any little bump in the road. This is probably the most significant issue that needs to be addressed. Aside from those there are a couple of other things that are not deal breakers but could be improved upon. Shower- they need to ditch the built in seat. Sure it looks cool and your wife may say she can shave her legs easier but it eats up precious space in a shower that is already a little tight. At 6'3" 200 lbs I need the space, you may too. Don't think it can be ordered another way but check into it. The TS we have does get a little tight in front of the residential fridge but it is workable and a definite compromise I was willing to make for the substantial space in the living area. Vanity area is nice, medicine cabinet could be a little larger and the sink basin a little larger but they are both workable. The platform bed construction is just plain cheap, no other way to say it but they really were out to lunch on this design as the 1/2 inch plywood is supported by a couple 2X4's and 2X2's and it slides back and forth on several points on the pedestal as the bed slide extends and retracts. The lumber has already cut grooves in the pedestal. Should have been carpeted, had rollers or some type of element that allows it to move easier. Also, a pair of gas shocks would have made raising and lower the bed to access the storage a whole heck of a lot easier. I will most likely retro fit these myself. Cup holders in the dinette are too small for just about any cup that you use today and there are only two cup holders in the cab one for driver one for passenger. So if you want more than one drink each for the trip then put it between your legs and make sure it has a top. There may be an accessory from Freightliner for this but have not looked for it yet. From what I can tell most of these come pre rigged for a combo washer dryer with water outlets and a drain but no dryer vent so it either has to be added or you buy the ventless combo. Stuff I like-
Did I say it has a ton of living room space (three times), storage space below is huge, the unit just looks tough and you sit about eye level with all the semi-trucks so visibility is good. Seats are comfortable for a long haul, entertainment system throughout the unit is probably the best I have had in any RV I have owned and works with relative ease. The smart panel and phone app to control most every light and system on the coach really works well. While I don't anticipate doing heavy engine work myself, access to the motor, pumps, etc appears to be excellent. Having the hydraulic jack control panel in the cab is really nice since you are able to activate it right after you park and right when you are ready to leave. Kitchen has adequate space maybe a little on the small side but the layout works and the barn sink is really nice. Accent lighting is really cool and is plenty of light to see and set the feel at night and even during the day. With the overhead queen, the pull out couch queen, king in back, you probably won't have a need for the jackknife opposing sofa or the dinette drop down which usually don't accommodate more than a pre-teen anyway. In all and so far, barring the issues that need to be fixed, I am satisfied with the purchase. It is not quite like the Class A I had but much better than the other four Class C's I have owned. Looking forward to getting the issues resolved and getting it on the road again. Hope this may be of help to some of you looking at them. And from what I can tell the Jayco Seneca is virtually the same unit made on the same assembly line from what I read.
jhroth3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-22-2020, 05:46 AM   #16

Congrats on the Accolade

We have had our Accolade 37TS since October and we have not had the issues you are experiencing.

Right now ours is at Entegra/Jayco Factory Service to have a slide adjustment on the dinette slide and some repainting after the adjustment. We knew about this before we purchased the coach. Factory Service also replaced the water heater (wouldn't work on electric), a couple LED lights over the TV because the lenses kept falling and did some other adjustments. We are picking it up this weekend and bringing it back home.

For the bed trying to install lift cylinders will require being creative because on the top of the bed moves so finding an attachment point for the lower end of the cylinder will require some creativity.

Leveling system, download and install the EQ Smart Level app. Works great and you can level while performing other functions such as hookups while you are outside.

MIL, mine came on and stayed on for about 200 miles. Took it to Freightliner and they found a connection that was not tight enough. 800 miles to Middlebury since the repair with no issues.

Tank sensors, no issues here. Every now and again the black will hang at 1/3 but clears up with flushing. After draining the black I use the black tank flush to fill the tank to 1 minute beyond 2/3 and then drain. I will do this 3 or 4 times with every drain.

Bedroom slide, it is a Schwintek slide so continue to hold the button for about 2 seconds after full extension or retraction to fully sync the motors. Do not release the button mid way unless it is for an emergency.

Speed and power, I am retiring the end of next month so getting somewhere based on someone else's requirements no longer matters. If I'm not going fast enough for someone else's liking they can shove it where the sun doesn't shine. We have travelled the mountains of Virginia, West Virginia and North Carolina and I am happy with how the coach performs.

Join and spend some time on the Jayco forum looking at the Seneca mods. It is worthwhile and there is a ton of valuable info.

Again, congrats and enjoy the journey. BTW, our last rig was a Thor Challenger.
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 03:08 PM   #17

Power issues

I have a 37ts 2020 and the power to the refrigerator, microwave, chairs and TV is going out anywhere from 40 minutes to 15 hours then comes back on. Breakers are fine. This happens a week or so, or up to three times a day. Sometimes when using the microwave but mostly when only the refrigerator an TV are on. Since this happens Intermittently it's been hard to get anyone out to look at it. When the tech gets here it's back on and everything looks good. Any ideas?
Up t
ronjworley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 07:59 PM   #18

For anyone who may be interested, Jayco and Entegra have announced upgraded versions of the Jayco Seneca and Entegra Accolade. The new product lines are designated Jayco Seneca Prestige and Entegra Accolade XL.

The Seneca Prestige and Accolade XL have some of the same floor plans as the standard Seneca and Accolade, but offer a number of features not available on the base models. For example, it appears you can get an All-Electric coach with an Aquq-Hot 250D hydronic heating unit on the Prestige and XL coaches, whereas the base model Senecas and XLs have propane water heating and propane furnaces for interior heat.

What hasn’t changed is the chassis and engine. The Prestige and XL motorhomes are built on the same Freightliner S2RV chassis and have the same Cummins B6.7 engine as the base models. The B6.7 engine is rated at 360 horsepower and 800 foot-pounds of torque. An option for a heavier-duty chassis with the stouter Cummins L9 engine would have been nice.

The B6.7 was formerly designated the ISB and is the same engine used in Dodge Ram diesel pickups. The L9 was formerly designated the ISL. The L9 can be configured with up to 450 horsepower and 1250 foot-pounds of torque and is used in a wide variety of diesel motorhomes, up to and including the Entegra Aspire and Anthem.
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 06:42 PM   #19

Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Hey. We just took delivery of a 2021 37TS. If you look at interior tags says Jayco. So what?! Love it. Took 4 months to arrive and 2 more months to complete odd and ends punch list.
Got it home and yes it fits in our building! Yay!
Have had many different RVS. This is the best. I’ll let you know how first trip goes
zulugart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 10:30 AM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
Welcome! Our 21 Anthem also says Jayco on interior tag.
Old 03-17-2021, 05:00 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulugart View Post
Hey. We just took delivery of a 2021 37TS. If you look at interior tags says Jayco. So what?! Love it. Took 4 months to arrive and 2 more months to complete odd and ends punch list.
Got it home and yes it fits in our building! Yay!
Have had many different RVS. This is the best. I’ll let you know how first trip goes
Congrats. Yes Entegra's are built by Jayco, the parent company.

Mine goes to the dealer today to have the trim around the exterior door replaced under warranty. We have put about 7500 miles on the coach in year one and are in the process of planning a 5000 mile trip for this summer.

Enjoy.
Old 03-20-2021, 10:44 AM   #22

New Accolade 37TS

We took delivery of our 37TS in January and agree with the posts above.
The very roomy living room is the main attraction. Yes, the bed top could have some air lifts, I will install those. Tank gauges are useless.
After 2,000 miles, we had more problems than the other owners. Steering is very sloppy, imprecise. The unit will be fitted with a Safe T Plus next week and if that does not suffice, a track bar or sway bar, we'll see what the tech. says.
The dinette slide rollers and rail must be replaced. Our dealer is not very responsive, he admits the slide is defective but can't work on it until two months from now.
Once those problems are solved, we will be happy.
jacquesmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 08:55 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquesmm View Post
The very roomy living room is the main attraction. Yes, the bed top could have some air lifts, I will install those. Tank gauges are useless.
After 2,000 miles, we had more problems than the other owners. Steering is very sloppy, imprecise. The unit will be fitted with a Safe T Plus next week and if that does not suffice, a track bar or sway bar, we'll see what the tech. says.
The dinette slide rollers and rail must be replaced. Our dealer is not very responsive, he admits the slide is defective but can't work on it until two months from now.
Have you had an 4 wheel alignment done on the coach? I would have Freightliner check that first. Our Seneca on the S2 chassis had the rear axle out of alignment about 1/8” which caused some wandering. After the alignment was done it was like a new chassis...make sure they check BOTH axles, not just the front. IMO, the best tank gauges are SeeLevel gauges that mount on the outside of the tank they read in percentage and are very accurate.
BMGM37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 09:01 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronjworley View Post
I have a 37ts 2020 and the power to the refrigerator, microwave, chairs and TV is going out anywhere from 40 minutes to 15 hours then comes back on. Breakers are fine. This happens a week or so, or up to three times a day. Sometimes when using the microwave but mostly when only the refrigerator an TV are on. Since this happens Intermittently it's been hard to get anyone out to look at it. When the tech gets here it's back on and everything looks good. Any ideas?
Up t
The circuits that you mention are on the inverter, most likely you have an inverter that has issues. Even when plugged into shore power, these inverters have a bypass transfer switch that allows the 120v to pass thru vs pulling power from the batteries. If this is happening when plugged into shore power, the inverter bypass is probably the issue.
Old 03-21-2021, 06:00 AM   #25

Quote:
Welcome.

We have had our 2020 Accolade 37TS for over a year and have put approx 7500 miles on it in that timeframe.

First, get it aligned and the wheels balanced. I had the dealer get mine done after the test drive while Jayco would pay for it. I got the alignment sheet from the Freightliner dealer to prove it was done. The alignment included straightening the position of the steering wheel when the coach is going straight. I have no steering or handling complaints what so ever. I also loaded the coach and took it across a CAT scale and set the tire pressures based on weight and Michelin recommendations. Our rig is so easy to drive if I'm not careful it has me knocking on the door of 80 mph without knowing it. Cruise control is my best friend. IO have done no, zero, suspension mods and would consider any recommendations for suspension mods pointless.

I noticed some vibration (tire balance) and pulling to the right during the test drive. Per the. warranty, Jayco pays for the alignment if issues were noted during the test drive. After purchase it becomes the owner's problem.

The tank gauges have flaws but they are not useless.

My recommendation on the slide is to get an appointment at Jayco Factory Service in Middlebury, In. We took our rig there for a slide issue and they we very responsive. The coach was there for a week to handled about 6 warranty items. It does take a while to get an appointment.

Enjoy. We are planning a 7500 mile 5 month trip beginning in June. We also have a few smaller 3 or 4 day trips planned between now and then.
Old 03-21-2021, 08:36 AM   #26

Thanks for the 2 posts above, good advice. I will get a 4 wheel alignment. The appointment is made for front axle but I will ask for the 4 wheels plus balancing.
I will get on the scale too and adjust tire pressure accordingly: I have the Michelin table with axle weights.
I love to hear positive comments about the steering, it reassures me that my problem can be fixed.

For the inaccurate gauges, I can live with them. I had that same problem on boats. My only fear is to overfill the freshwater tank went I prepare for boondocking. I don't want to blow up the tank: I did that on my last boat and it was no fun to replace the tank.

Thank you again EA37TS and BMGM37.
jacquesmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 09:07 AM   #27

Quote:
Thanks for the 2 posts above, good advice. I will get a 4 wheel alignment. The appointment is made for front axle but I will ask for the 4 wheels plus balancing.
I will get on the scale too and adjust tire pressure accordingly: I have the Michelin table with axle weights.
I love to hear positive comments about the steering, it reassures me that my problem can be fixed.

For the inaccurate gauges, I can live with them. I had that same problem on boats. My only fear is to overfill the freshwater tank went I prepare for boondocking. I don't want to blow up the tank: I did that on my last boat and it was no fun to replace the tank.

Thank you again EA37TS and BMGM37.
I have one of these. I primarily use it when flushing the black tank.

https://www.amazon.com/Save-a-Drop-P...058EOC5M&psc=1
Old 03-21-2021, 12:24 PM   #28

Quote:
My only fear is to overfill the freshwater tank went I prepare for boondocking. I don't want to blow up the tank: I did that on my last boat and it was no fun to replace the tank.

You dont need to worry about that, the tank has 3 vent tubes. I fill mine every time until it is flowing out the vent tubes. You do have to worry about the auto-siphoning of the fresh water tanks that happens on a LOT of RV's, not just these units. Mine was doing it bad, but there are several fixes for it, you just need to break the suction once it starts.

I'll send you a message.....

Tags
entegra