Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-06-2016, 11:16 AM   #1

Entegra Anthem

Good day,
I just bought a 2014 44 foot Integra Anthem in Florida.
We love the coach but find it wanders quite a bit. Seems like we are always sawing on the wheel , very hard to get relaxed.
I contacted the Tech by phone at Lazy Days he's not sure what's going on.
Has anyone had this issue, any help would be appreciated.
Regards,
Carl
nella1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-06-2016, 11:22 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Welcome to the forum. One of your answers will be in this post. Pour a tall cold one as it will take some time. You are not the first to go through this problem....I fought it for 2 years. I would start with the easiest first, a quality front end alignment and Koni shocks.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/koni...ng-297539.html

Sharing your location might helps someone give you the name of a quality alignment shop in your area.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 05:37 PM   #3

Carl,

Welcome to the Entegra family. Start by jacking up the steer axle and lubricate the king pin top and bottom zerks. If they are dry, you will fight the wheel to stay in your lane. My coach had this problem. You never know if the previous owner did a chassis lube.
Tall Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 06:37 PM   #4

Carl

Welcome to the forum and the "Entegra Family". Congratulations on the new coach.

As others have said, all the answers to your question are probably on this forum in past threads, so settle back and look at the one Brobox shows, and then look for all the other threads that are related to this issue. There is no simple or quick answer. There are many answers, and you are going to have to go through a process of figuring it out.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 07:14 PM   #5

Run the palm of your hand across the top of the tire back to the outside of the wheel well. If not fairly smooth you have an alignment problem and would be one of the first items to check. Equal air pressure in the tires a must. Those are the first two easiest items to check.

Sent from my iPhone 70NAM
EVsCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 09:03 PM   #6

Agree with alignment. I bought a 2017 Anthem in May. Noticed the same thing, sawing on the wheel to keep it straight. Did some testing while driving and breaking and came to the conclusion I had too much toe out on the right side. Told my service adviser this. There was a bit of hemming and hawing about this saying Entegra wouldn't pay for it, I said they will if it's out and if it's within spec, I'll pay for it. Turns out there was too much toe out on the right. They realigned and all is way better.

I suspect I also need a chassis lube. Not to hijack the OPs thread but it will help him as well. Can anyone post the locations of the zerks to do a chassis lube and is there a recommended grease?
Old 09-07-2016, 08:43 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Search Great Escape on You Tube, I think this guy had the same problem and took Entegra a little while to find the problem and fix it too.
Hector1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 08:50 AM   #8

Wandering coach

I'm sorry I can't update my original post because I can't find it so I need to start a new one.
My complaint was 2 1/2 inches of turn in the steering wheel with no responds in the tires.
Coach wandering badly at any speed.
I brought the coach in for an alignment and found way to much movement in the bell crank.
Repair shop called Spartan and they sent a new bell crank. Problem solved coach handles wonderful.
Thanks to those that answered my first post.
Carl
Old 09-30-2016, 08:58 AM   #9
Community Administrator

I found it and merged this into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nella1129 View Post
I'm sorry I can't update my original post because I can't find it so I need to start a new one.

My complaint was 2 1/2 inches of turn in the steering wheel with no responds in the tires.

Coach wandering badly at any speed.

I brought the coach in for an alignment and found way to much movement in the bell crank.

Repair shop called Spartan and they sent a new bell crank. Problem solved coach handles wonderful.

Thanks to those that answered my first post.

Carl

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 10:44 AM   #10

Bell crank

Very important!!
I just talked to an Entegra engineer, he informed me that there is a recall on the bell crank.
I don't know what year that is involved.
Carl
Old 09-30-2016, 11:20 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nella1129 View Post
Very important!!
I just talked to an Entegra engineer, he informed me that there is a recall on the bell crank.
I don't know what year that is involved.
Carl
Are you talking about this:
http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/acms/cs...3V531-3498.pdf

It has been discussed before. If you have a chassis that fits the recall and not sure if the work was done, call Spartan and ask, they will let you know.
Nowabeachbum is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
entegra