Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-19-2012, 01:51 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Entegra Anthem 42RBQ new purchase questions

We are interested in the Anthem 42RBQ and have reviewed the list of standards for the coach from the Entegra website. I have a few questions that hopefully some of you who have an Entegra can answer.

Q#1: For the "Powered stepwell cover with pinch resistance technology", what exactly is "pinch resistance technology"? My simple mind comes up with a safety feature which prevents the cover from smashing a foot etc much like a safety switch on a garage door. Yes? No?

Q#2: There's a "Surge suppressor" listed. Is this the transfer switch or something like a PI EMS-HW50C?

Q#2a: Is there a battery minder type device installed for keeping the chassis batteries topped off?

Q#3: There is listed the Thetford Aria Porcelain stool and I would imagine that this is the mid-coach toilet. Since the 42RBQ has a bath in the rear, is the toilet there a macerator toilet?

Q#4: The front protective film mask is listed as a 3M product. I've watched some videos online for this coach and the salesman says the coating is Diamond Shield. Which is it?

Q#5: There is a "Security System". Are they talking alarm system like on a car?

Not related to standard equipment but still a valid question - What is the typical turn-around time for delivery after placing an order? I spoke with a salesman today from LazyDays in Tucson and he said 4 to 6 weeks. I would think it would be more.

Lastly, have any of you added a Winegard Slimline Travler (Directv HD) dish antenna? Is the coach prewired for one?
tnrzryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-20-2012, 05:41 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
You won't get very many answers to the detailed questions you've asked on the forum. Just call Entegra and ask for your regional sales rep. He will know the answers or get them. Will the answers to most of your questions really effect your buying decision?
Wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 07:44 AM   #3

Wannabe is correct, very detailed questions, just call the sales dept at Entegra and the will walk through the details.

To answer a couple questions:

1. Wait times appear to b somewhat dealer dependent. I ordered from rv direct in feb and delivery is in aug, about 6 months for an anthem.
2. Asked about the hd directv dish as well and was told i would need to have the dealer install, the only install the dome version. I'm hoping they add this option before they deliver given they seem to do a lot of running changes.

Good luck.
MSMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 07:45 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabe View Post
You won't get very many answers to the detailed questions you've asked on the forum. Just call Entegra and ask for your regional sales rep. He will know the answers or get them. Will the answers to most of your questions really effect your buying decision?

Yeah... You're probably right these won't change my mind but It's the bank auditor coming out in me. Like to understand what I'm getting. I just figured that since iRV2 is a forum and you usually get answers in a place like this that some of the Entegra owners would know what these are.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:00 AM   #5

If the LazyDays salesperson told you that the turn around time on an Entegra is six to eight weeks, my guess would be that he is talking about a rig that they already have on order. I'm looking at the possibility of ordering an Aspire from RVDirect in Buffalo and we are looking at May of next year as a probable delivery date.

As a fellow beancounter, I'm a CPA, I know what you mean about checking out all the angles. It doesn't hurt to be the proverbial educated consumer.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:13 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnytaxman
If the LazyDays salesperson told you that the turn around time on an Entegra is six to eight weeks, my guess would be that he is talking about a rig that they already have on order. I'm looking at the possibility of ordering an Aspire from RVDirect in Buffalo and we are looking at May of next year as a probable delivery date.

As a fellow beancounter, I'm a CPA, I know what you mean about checking out all the angles. It doesn't hurt to be the proverbial educated consumer.
You may be right about the salesperson's estimate of delivery time. I just got the feeling he was misinformed which unfortunately is often the case.
2012 Honda CRV, Blue Ox Avail, AF1
Old 06-20-2012, 08:24 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSMatt
Wannabe is correct, very detailed questions, just call the sales dept at Entegra and the will walk through the details.

To answer a couple questions:

1. Wait times appear to b somewhat dealer dependent. I ordered from rv direct in feb and delivery is in aug, about 6 months for an anthem.
2. Asked about the hd directv dish as well and was told i would need to have the dealer install, the only install the dome version. I'm hoping they add this option before they deliver given they seem to do a lot of running changes.

Good luck.
For the dish, I figured it was probably a dealer install. Some manufacturers, like Tiffin for instance, do a prewire during the build. We would want both the in-motion dome and the dish. Perhaps I can get Entegra to at least do the prewire for me. I'll add that to my list of questions.
2012 Honda CRV, Blue Ox Avail, AF1
Old 06-20-2012, 01:43 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
1) The stepwell is driven by an air powered piston. Running down the road it pops out quickly but not with a lot of force so if something is in the way, it's no big deal.

2a) Yes there is a battery minder but it is integrated and works if the coach is plugged in.

3) Yes it is a macerator

4) Mine is diamond shield.

5) Yes it is alarmed and is equipped with glass break detectors.

What Lazydays is saying, as with many other dealers, they have ordered coaches for stock. If you buy from them, for the right price, you can take over one of those ordered coaches. They will then call Entegra and change the coaches options to whatever you want. So with that said, leadtimes are somewhere between next month and 7 months.
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:31 PM   #9

I will take a stab at answering the questions.
Q # 1. Yes it is a safety issue
Q # 2 Yes, the surge suppressor is incorporated in the transfer switch. It does NOT monitor line quality issues such as open ground, reverse polarity, etc, you will still need a good quality line monitor for that.
Q 2 a. Yes it does keep the battery topped off, it even has a 5 watt solar panel dedicated to the task for when you are not plugged in.
Q #3 Not sure so will not answer.
Q #4 The front protective film is indeed Diamond Shield, a much better product in my opinion.
Q #5 The security system does operate similar to many car systems. It operates on sound level roughly equivalent to the sound of glass breaking, but a dog barking or certain vibrations can also set it off as well as the CO detector going off will set it off(ask me how I am POSITIVE of that one).

The in motion dish that is standard equipment is a winegard so I think it can be removed and a traveler bolted right up. However, if you order the coach with the dish deleted they do NOT run the wiring so you really need to order it standard and have the dealer switch it out with the traveler. I also really wish that they would offer the option to order the much better traveler dish as a factory option but they do not at this time.
We ordered ours in April and do not expect delivery until mid to late November. They produce 10 coaches per week and will NOT be hurried. Workers appeared to be relaxed and taking their time to get things right when we toured the factory and Entegra has constantly stressed that quality is their first and foremost consideration. They have gone the extra mile to solve any problems that have come up on our present coach.
Old 06-21-2012, 06:27 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Ann n Gene

Thanks for the information. Regarding the satellite, I wish the factory at least did a pre-wire for the Wingard Tav'ler. We will order the in-motion because we want to be able to use one TV while underway. Wife likes to watch - I only get to listen.

After taking delivery, we'll have the dealer install the Trav'ler in addition. I don't believe the in-motion picks up HD channels while the dish does. I definitely understand that the Trav'ler works only when parked - have one on my current coach.

Tom
Old 06-21-2012, 07:29 PM   #11

Actually, on Dish at least, the in motion DOES pull in HD channels BUT it is not nearly the dish that the Traveler is, in my opinion. Again, I wish that the factory would offer the Traveler option but it is not likely to happen with the size of the back log, the number of workers and the size of the facility they have to keep it pretty standardized to make the operation run smoothly and efficiently. They have tried to make all of the most popular and best features standard and be as efficient as they can to keep the price of the end product as low as possible, AND it seems to be working well.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:35 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann n Gene View Post
Actually, on Dish at least, the in motion DOES pull in HD channels BUT it is not nearly the dish that the Traveler is, in my opinion. Again, I wish that the factory would offer the Traveler option but it is not likely to happen with the size of the back log, the number of workers and the size of the facility they have to keep it pretty standardized to make the operation run smoothly and efficiently. They have tried to make all of the most popular and best features standard and be as efficient as they can to keep the price of the end product as low as possible, AND it seems to be working well.
...and having a dealer wire and install the Trav'ler is no big deal either. I'm sure they do it everyday. Thanks for the feedback.
Old 06-23-2012, 01:03 PM   #13

We had the traveler installed at lazydays. It was about an 8hr job. We have dish service and are very happy we did it. Will never go back to domes.
Old 07-08-2012, 11:31 AM   #14

Traveler

I am confused, what exactly is a "Traveler"? I now use "Dish network" and was wondering if on an Anthem you had to use "direct tv"?

Thanks for your help.'

Billy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHarlow244 View Post
We had the traveler installed at lazydays. It was about an 8hr job. We have dish service and are very happy we did it. Will never go back to domes.
bwinters is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
purchase