Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-31-2020, 12:35 PM   #1

Entegra Anthem on 30 amp shore power

I remember this being a previous topic, cannot find the thread.

We are looking at a campground close to family that only has 30 amp service. What will I need to do, other than get the correct adapter, if we choose to park at this campground? Looking at a month or so.
17 Anthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-31-2020, 12:52 PM   #2

You will need to learn to live with limited power.

Your 50 amp system can support up to 100 amps of 120 volt power.

A 30 amp system is just that, 30 amps at 120 volts.

1 AC, maybe 2, if nothing else is running like water heater, microwave, hair dryer....

You will not damage anything, just trip the power pedestal breaker if you overdo it.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 01:09 PM   #3

I understand the reduction in available power, I thought I had remembered a posting in the past that referenced a need to turn off 1 of the inverter breakers.
Old 10-31-2020, 01:10 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17 Anthem View Post
I understand the reduction in available power, I thought I had remembered a posting in the past that referenced a need to turn off 1 of the inverter breakers.
That was only for putting in storage, to maintain batteries.

Later ...
Ray
RayandWendy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 01:43 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Tuesday with PJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17 Anthem View Post

We are looking at a campground close to family that only has 30 amp service. What will I need to do, other than get the correct adapter, if we choose to park at this campground?
Here's a link to my Google Drive folder (https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...o0?usp=sharing) that contains the Tuesday with PJ videos. If you download and open Part 1, at the 9:00 minute point, PJ starts describing life on 30 amps.

He suggests tripping the circuit breaker (panel over the driver's seat) for Inverter 1. That only disables the charger associated with Inverter 1, not the inverter.

If you haven't watched those videos, you might find it worthwhile to download and watch them. Although there have been many changes for the various models/years produced since the videos were made, there's still a lot of useful info common to many models/years in the videoa.

Take care,
Stu
Old 10-31-2020, 03:47 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
30 amps this time of year is really a piece of cake. Just use diesel for all of your heat needs including hot water and everything else should be fine. Set incoming power on the Vega Touch to 30 amps and don't run two high power draws at the same time. Don't run the microwave while running the clothes dryer, etc. Being plugged in you can shut both inverters off, they won't be needed and one battery charger.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 03:50 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Get a 30 to 50 amp adapter. Vegatouch will sense 30 amp power and set itself accordingly. You will be able to have 1 AC, but not much else running. Watch the draw on the VT panel. We have not shut down the CB for inverter 1, but many do recommend that you do. We have done this a number of times, not convenient for sure, but not bad in cooler weather and shorter stays.
Old 10-31-2020, 08:28 PM   #8

Thanks all for input.

I did plan to use the diesel for any heating.

I have watched the PJ videos and maybe that is where I remembered the circuit breaker item.

Again thanks all for info.
Old 11-09-2020, 07:24 PM   #9

Plenty of campgrounds in FL with only 30amp power. I can run two A/C units with no problem on my Reatta XL. The system that distributes power seems to only let one startup at a time, I was told this by our sales rep you could run two. I hope it wasn't hurting anything.
RandyRich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anthem, entegra, power, shore power