RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-21-2019, 06:18 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Entegra Anthem Step Saga

I have about reached the end with troubleshooting the step issue on my Anthem. I have worked with Entegra Customer Service and Lippert Controls Customer Service and have replaced the door magnetic switch, the step motor and have verified the controller is good (yes, I am doing shotgun maintenance and I scavenged good controller from another coach and it does the same thing).

The steps will extend, but will not retract under any circumstances. I can disconnect the coach 4 pin connector from the controller wire bundle and plug it in and the motor will spin in a counter-clockwise direction (extend) until it reaches its limit. However, i cannot get the motor to spin in the opposite (clockwise) direction via the controller, with the door closed and with the ignition switch on. I cannot get the motor to spin Counter-clockwise to close the steps with the Step Pwr button and the door closed.

Lippert sent some really good troubleshooting data which included checking out the 4 pin on the coach side of the equation. Everything checked out per their guidelines.

Anyone had this issue before? Appreciate your feedback. Thanks in advance.
Gestalt87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-21-2019, 08:45 PM   #2

Ok, this response is way out of left field...and this did not fix my problem that I had earlier this summer....

Mike O. from Entegra told me that the map lights play a role in the steps operating properly. I know they are activated by the door switch but we had already checked that out. He had me check the map lights in each position, auto, off, on... He implied that an owner had a bad LED in one of the map lights that was causing a problem with the steps.

Easy enough to try...
Magic-carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 05:21 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Jeannie, not to far in left field......I remember seeing that posted one time as a the fix. Totally forgot about it.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 07:49 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Check the planetary gear to insure there is not a broken pinion gear tooth in it. I found this while trouble shooting an issue similar to your issue.
Les1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 09:45 AM   #5

Check your grounds for security. I’d suggest removing, scrubbing clean and reinstalling.

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 09:05 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
The issue turned out to be a bad “new” door switch. Once installed with a second new magnetic door switch, everything worked fine. This experience has helped me with acquiring troubleshooting guidelines, a test plug, and a new motor. Expensive learning experience. Goes to show that new parts aren’t always to be trusted! Thanks to everyone who commented on this issue.
Gestalt87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anthem, entegra