Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-19-2014, 12:40 PM   #15
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by indycoltsguy View Post
I need some real, unfiltered advise. My wife and I have a newborn, 9 and 11 year old. We have been looking at Class A Motor Homes for about 6 months. We have narrowed it down to the Entegra Aspire 44U. I love everything about the Aspire except LP gas. As a couple in our late 30s, it's not a wise investment to go to the Anthem for the approx $75000 more. We are debt free and will pay for the coach. With all that being said, how hard is it to change the LP tanks when they are empty? Where are they located? They aren't out in the open like a TT. I am afraid I am going to regret not waiting a couple years and spending the extra money on an Anthem. Your advise is appreciated.
I think you should buy the more expensive coach with the all-electric option......but buy it gently used.
This way you get a better, nicer coach AND pay less in the bargain. Look for coaches 1-2 years old that
people traded, or were forced to park due to health reasons.
pasdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-19-2014, 01:34 PM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Great idea...unfortunately, not many choices and they don't last very long. At least what I've observed.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 03:58 PM   #17

Thank you all for your comments. It have a better understanding now!
Hope to meet some of you very soon!!
indycoltsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 04:54 PM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
For us, the perfect rig would be an Aspire with 150 gal fuel tank, IFS (which we have) and diesel Aqua hot, or an Anthem with no dishwasher, no overhead TV, no fireplace, and manual shades. Neither was possible, so we opted for the Aspire. Good decision for us. IMHO, there is no right or wrong answer. Just decide what is best for your situation. It would be hard to go wrong with any Entegra.
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 05:44 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finally View Post
Ok, your guys are right..... Looking at the whole picture, it is an "investment". An investment in time, money, family and memories. Some of our best memories were made traveling in an RV of some type throughout the years. On a recent trip, we had our three daughters, DW and mom-in-law traveling with us to our daughters graduation. With the "investment" in the coach, we saved on hotel, two rental car we would have needed arriving at different times and directions, eating out for 6, airline tickets and the time waisted in the airport. We invested memories that are that are priceless; my DW, mother and daughters were playing cards as I drove from point A to point B. The conversation we had, the home-made food which is an investment in our health. We love seeing the country and not from an airport. We are free to come and go when we want see things you wouldn't otherwise see if we didn't make this "investment" so from an overall standpoint and depending on how you look at it, it is an investment. Again, with an LP prospective, I fill my LP in the colder temps to to run the AH, but in the warmer temps, I use very little LP for cooking and it last a long time.
Great comparison with other forms of travel. We have our entire family all packed together , food on board, travel plans to resorts and unknown places.
We just experienced 20 degree temps in our Aspire and were thrilled at how warm and convenient the propane Aqua hot system handled the cold. We were warm as toast with three zones perfectly heated. Exactly as described, when the temp dipped below 40 the heat strips cut out and magically the floor became toasty.
My wife loves cooking with gas we also use slow cookers to arrive back at an aroma of ready cooked dinner.
Truthfully it sips propane and we will have the resort fill us at the end of the trip. Of all the pros.cons of Anthem Aspire I like propane. Electricity would limit out travel choice.
Old 01-25-2014, 05:45 AM   #20

I had a friend that just sold their 2013 Anthem

with 11,000 miles dealer offered them $240K and they sold it RVTrader.com for $250K. this happened about 6 weeks ago. So depreciation fact is there but you can't buy memories, you have to make them and we can do this in a RV.
Blessings,
Randy
ranbev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 06:31 AM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranbev View Post
with 11,000 miles dealer offered them $240K and they sold it RVTrader.com for $250K. this happened about 6 weeks ago. So depreciation fact is there but you can't buy memories, you have to make them and we can do this in a RV.
Blessings,
Randy

WOW, that was a steal. We got about for a 2013 Aspire.
oneal is offline   Reply With Quote