RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-19-2021, 03:43 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Entegra Aspire vs. Anthem

We are looking at a new 44F and I can pull up the spec sheets and compare both, but would like some opinions, I've broken out what I see value in and what I don't, and I just wanted others opinions on if I am missing something.

Thank you.

Seems like value:
- is the air levelling system better, is it really worth it or just more hassle?
- aquahot 450 lots of good things here, easy to understand value.
- dometic fridge outside, ok that's a win.
- blind spot sensors look really nice.
- ezsteer does that really help?
- more porcelain tile

Questionable Value:
- bus armor trim? ok but that's just cosmetic?
- size of screens.
- traction control, pretty sure I've never needed that so not sure the value.
- larger generator, ok but is 12kw really needed?
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-19-2021, 03:57 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Blind spot monitors are entirely useless. Donít know what size you are but the tiled shower is a lot better for taller and/or bigger people. Everything else I agree with you. Leveling is awesome and yes ezsteer is worth it. If you can afford it, buy the Anthem, you will not be sorry.
Nowabeachbum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 04:05 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
We are looking at a new 44F and I can pull up the spec sheets and compare both, but would like some opinions, I've broken out what I see value in and what I don't, and I just wanted others opinions on if I am missing something.

Thank you.

Seems like value:
- is the air levelling system better, is it really worth it or just more hassle? I am very impressed with the new Valid air system, both ride and ease of leveling and staying constantly leveled. A must for my home driveway that is all pavers. Jacks break the pavers even using weight displacement pads.
- aquahot 450 lots of good things here, easy to understand value. I like the feature of hot water from the engine as soon as you park. Also "free" heat while traveling if in cold weather.
- dometic fridge outside, ok that's a win. Yep, A must for the cold one while setting after a long days drive.
- blind spot sensors look really nice. Not worth the money, more of a "buy me" label than a 100% functional.
- ezsteer does that really help? I am not a fan, other love it, me not so much.
- more porcelain tile We think it is the best floor of all three Entegras we have owned

Questionable Value:
- bus armor trim? ok but that's just cosmetic? If you liked show chrome on bikes or cars, it is nice. It is one of those "I'll take it" for me
- size of screens.
- traction control, pretty sure I've never needed that so not sure the value. I have used it one in four coaches. Depends on how the coach will be used. I used it at HomeComing when the field we were parked it was flooded and a muddy mess.
- larger generator, ok but is 12kw really needed? Not really 10,000 would do everything I needed, but nice if you have to power your house and coach after a hurricane or a storm that left no power.
Those are just my opinions, but we moved up to a Cornerstone not to miss anything.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 04:51 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
There are numerous other differences a big one being the 20K front axle and the 365/80R22.5 tires.

Others include:
- Vega touch

- AGM batteries
- Aqua hot engine preheat
- Larger inverter(s)
- Powered storage tray
- LED high beams and fog lights
- Ultra slide awnings
- 15" dash screen
- Powered shades
- Select comfort mattress

There may be more but that is a pretty substantial list. It made our decision easy. We pick up our 2021 Anthem 44Z tomorrow. FINALLY!!!
pstroke1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 05:55 PM   #5

I agree with chuck on most everything. The valid air is amazing. I also like EZ steer in strong crosswinds. The downside is a proper alignment is needed and not many shops know how to align an ez steer. Blind spot monitors are useless IMO. 450 Ah is a big improvement over the 400. Love the floors.
buddy110 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 11:36 PM   #6

Ez steering

We had our front end alignment at Hendersonís in Grants Pass Or.
My 15 Aspire had the front tires wear out in 24K because the alignment was out. Of course the factory wouldnít stand behind it. I also had ez steering put on.
After they got it on we went down the road & if it was pulling one way or the other we stopped & the mech would crawl under & ajust it until it didnít start to pull to the side after counting to 30. They did a great job.
They also have 30amp hook ups so when we got there late we just plugged in. They also had a lot where I could store our trailer until they were done.
Craneboy302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 06:32 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craneboy302 View Post
We had our front end alignment at Hendersonís in Grants Pass Or.

My 15 Aspire had the front tires wear out in 24K because the alignment was out. Of course the factory wouldnít stand behind it. I also had ez steering put on.

After they got it on we went down the road & if it was pulling one way or the other we stopped & the mech would crawl under & ajust it until it didnít start to pull to the side after counting to 30. They did a great job.

They also have 30amp hook ups so when we got there late we just plugged in. They also had a lot where I could store our trailer until they were done.

Sounds like you had Safe T Plus Steering Control installed, no way could you have the EZSteer currently on Anthem and Cornerstone.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 06:40 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post

Thank you.

Seems like value:
- is the air levelling system better, is it really worth it or just more hassle?
- aquahot 450 lots of good things here, easy to understand value.
- dometic fridge outside, ok that's a win.
- blind spot sensors look really nice.
- ezsteer does that really help?
- more porcelain tile

Questionable Value:
- bus armor trim? ok but that's just cosmetic?
- size of screens.
- traction control, pretty sure I've never needed that so not sure the value.
- larger generator, ok but is 12kw really needed?
With the 12.5 generator you may have either or maybe even both a 240v dryer and a true 240v induction stove top. Thatís the main benefit of the 12.5
Old 01-20-2021, 11:03 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
thanks everyone this helps a lot, we are in texas, west texas is no joke with cross winds and narrow corridors so ezstreer sounds like a great addition.
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 02:10 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
After three Aspires, the Valid air is the first time we see enough to make us consider an Anthem next time. The heavier front axle is a real benefit especially if you full time. In about 14 years of RVing, this year was the first time it would have been nice to have the engine loop on the Aqua Hot. And it wasnít that big a deal to turn the burner on instead. We probably would have upgraded this year but Covid hit and the rush to buy coaches, then the shortages happened. We decided to wait until this mess was done before making any moves.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 02:44 PM   #11

Can someone explain the "engine loop" and "free heat" When traveling in the cold we have been running the AH to produce heat
Old 01-20-2021, 03:10 PM   #12

Iím looking at both now. Difference in sales price is 47 grand or about 12%. For me itís worth it, however Iíd be proud to own an Aspire too.
wjohnson913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 03:20 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy110 View Post
Can someone explain the "engine loop" and "free heat" When traveling in the cold we have been running the AH to produce heat
Hi Bruce,

The AquaHot circulates boiler fluid through a loop that passes through a heat exchanger in the engine. That loop provides the ability to heat your engine with hot boiler fluid overnight before a cold start the following morning. When the engine is running, that same heat exchanger will heat the boiler fluid so that hot fluid will circulate throughout the AquaHot system. That fluid, in the AquaHot tank will provide hot water and the the hot fluid will also circulate to the heat exchangers in various locations inside the coach. It's not really "free" because you have to have the engine running as the source of heat.

Take care,
Stu
Old 01-20-2021, 03:52 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 Driver View Post
Hi Bruce,

The AquaHot circulates boiler fluid through a loop that passes through a heat exchanger in the engine. That loop provides the ability to heat your engine with hot boiler fluid overnight before a cold start the following morning. When the engine is running, that same heat exchanger will heat the boiler fluid so that hot fluid will circulate throughout the AquaHot system. That fluid, in the AquaHot tank will provide hot water and the the hot fluid will also circulate to the heat exchangers in various locations inside the coach. It's not really "free" because you have to have the engine running as the source of heat.

Take care,
Stu

Is there a setting to enable this?

Tags
anthem, entegra