Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-17-2018, 05:08 PM   #29

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ok, first off I don’t own an Entegra. I hate it when a manufacturer starts playing name games. It’s called badge engineering. Sounds like that’s exactly what Entegra/Thor is doing. When I saw that Entegra was offering a gas model I right away figured it would be no more than a rebadged Challenger. They are apparently trying to pick up some incremental sales by people who don’t want a Thor or don’t know the difference or both. Time will tell. I remember my dad many years ago telling me the story of Packard’s demise. They brought out a cheaper model that the average guy could afford. They must have sold a bunch of them because it ruined the prestigious reputation that Packard had enjoyed. I saw a cartoon once where two obviously well off men are talking. One tells the other “oh, you drive a Packard. My cook has one of those.” Unfortunately I see the same thing happening with Entegra.
JT, Em & the boys, Kong & Baxter (rescued grey tabbies)
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-17-2018, 05:26 PM   #30

Can anyone really confirm these new entegra gas model are cheap pieces of junk?
Maybe they actually have built them with “entegra standards” just saying...
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 08:09 PM   #31

They are the same as the Jaycos, built on the same line with same materials and techniques only badging and minor cosmetic changes and paint differences.
Old 09-17-2018, 08:47 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by MxChief66-1 View Post
I may not be a fan of these lower line coaches, thus the reason we have an Anthem 44B. However, to ensure the Entegra DP line lives on I think it would be in all our best interest to see Entegra succeed in this market! I would like to think they will listen to their customers and evolve the line over time. Just my opinion!
Mark, I believe Thor's shareholders will receive the greatest benefit ! Hope I'm wrong but I doubt it.

No RV anymore !
Hayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 06:01 AM   #33

When you look at the brands that are competitive in Entegra’s market you will find that they all have lower end units. Newmar with their Bay Star and Canyon Star, Tiffin has their lower end and so on. Are they rebranding Thor units or are they coming up with their own version of a lower end rig to be competitive? Does the existence of a Bay Star cheapen a King Aire?

From the Hershey results I would have to think that people like what they are seeing in these lower end units. Let’s see how many show up on here with major issues and then maybe we can make a better determination as to the quality of what is being marketed. Time will tell.
Old 09-18-2018, 06:20 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayman View Post
Mark, I believe Thor's shareholders will receive the greatest benefit ! Hope I'm wrong but I doubt it.

Brian, good point. Only time will tell!
MxChief66-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 06:49 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlesore View Post
I thought it was a Chev Citation..but same same..might as well been a Yugo..
That was it. I knew it was worst than a Nova but couldn't remember what.
az99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 08:22 AM   #36

Entegra Owners Club
Ed, you're a voice in the wilderness, but I agree with your perspective 100%. I don't hear or see any more complaints in the many Facebook and iRV forums from new low end Entegra owners than the stuff we see with the DP end of the line. As for construction, I was never comfortable with the concept of building the low end Newmar gassers next to the high end King Aires (yes I saw 26 footers next in line with the big expensive boy), but they do it...and they appeal to younger buyers that can't afford a quarter to half a million dollar coaches. JMHO, I wish some of we Entegra owners would get off our respective high horses.

As to dealers, I too am in my second RV One originated coach. At the time of the first, you were stupid if you didn't buy from Lazy Days; now it is NIRVC. Buying a coach is a personal experience...my interactions with RVOne have been generally good. My interactions with NIRVC, Lazy Days, and MHSRV have been, and get this, GENERALLY, good...but there have also been some negative with them as well. RVOne's sales (Terri), their finance approach, delivery (Nate and Mike), and the leadership of the company have been great to me!
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 11:18 AM   #37

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
As for construction, I was never comfortable with the concept of building the low end Newmar gassers next to the high end King Aires (yes I saw 26 footers next in line with the big expensive boy), but they do it...
That MAY be a huge difference. Newmars on the Newmar line, and Entegras on the Jayco line. I guess time will tell.
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 07:50 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneknight View Post
It was indeed a Citation.
Pretty sure it was based on the Chevy Cavalier.

Rick
Riley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 03:41 PM   #39

Entegra Owners Club
Stew,

Don't necessarily disagree, but Jayco has been building the Seneca on that same line, and a lot of people over time have been pretty happy with that Class C. I myself was impressed with the Senaca's I've been in as well.
Old 09-19-2018, 03:43 PM   #40

Entegra Owners Club
The Cadillac Cimarron was a disaster, but they learned from it, and put out a CTS several years later that was a "low" end Caddy. Had one and it was pretty nice.
Old 09-19-2018, 05:36 PM   #41

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
The Cadillac Cimarron was a disaster, but they learned from it, and put out a CTS several years later that was a "low" end Caddy. Had one and it was pretty nice.
Put a “V” after that CTS and it’s a spectacular car! Also not very cheap! Maybe add 200 hp to the Cornerstone! Hummm!!! Maybe you guys are on to something, Cornerstone-V!
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 06:52 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley1 View Post
Pretty sure it was based on the Chevy Cavalier.

Rick
I believe you are correct, it was a Cavalier

Tags
entegra