Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-29-2020, 04:12 PM   #1

Entegra bullet points?

Curious why people choose Entegra vs Newmar or Tiffin. I'm just not very familiar with the Entegra models. Can someone give me a brief on the major differences? Thanks for any inputs.
Prairie Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-29-2020, 04:19 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Dog View Post
Curious why people choose Entegra vs Newmar or Tiffin. I'm just not very familiar with the Entegra models. Can someone give me a brief on the major differences? Thanks for any inputs.
2 year warranty
More bang for the buck
Outstanding customer service
NIRVC does not sell Tiffin
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 04:32 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Absolutely loved our '14 Phaeton 40QBH and '15 Allegro Bus 45LP! There are still some aspects of the Allegro Bus that DW & I still miss. With all that said, I had been watching Entegra since around 2017 for the functional advantages... namely, the hung wall insulated construction and a chassis made by a real chassis maker. Our Powerglide chassis rode like a floating Lincoln and together with the Valid Active Air, the Allegro Bus' ride was actually a little better than the Anthem to us; however, I always feared needing chassis service on the road one day.
DeWat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 05:29 PM   #4

Texas Boomers Club
I was only considering Newmar and Entegra. They seemed pretty close in quality and reputation. Ultimately, the pricing on the Entegra sealed the deal for us.
Old 07-29-2020, 06:21 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
We looked at all three when purchasing before purchasing our first Entegra. The quality of Entegra and the “bang for the buck” made us select Entegra. We were happy enough to buy two more - have had a 2013, 2017 and 2019. Maybe a 2021 or 22 in our future.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 07:06 PM   #6

We loved the new interiors and design of the new Tiffins we saw in Tampa.
Old 07-29-2020, 09:20 PM   #7

Read through this forum the past year or two and you will be fully educated on what matters, and a lot of information on Newmar also.... not so much Tiffin.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 12:05 AM   #8

Thor Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
There is so much info out there, sometimes it is hard to process and sift. We are looking to move from a gas class A to a DP, and are looking at the same "big three". Our Canyon Star was our first RV. We have learned a bunch in two seasons with her, and are more in touch with what we like/ don't like, what was a waste, what is critical to have, and how we define value.

Two most important things up front for us is a floor plan that works for how we use the rig, and a reputable dealer in reasonable range to service the rig. Lock those down, and the rest will become apparent.

Good luck in your search.

cheers,
New2road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 04:35 AM   #9

Rollin101has owned Tiffins. He's a good person to ask
Old 07-30-2020, 08:22 AM   #10

In my first year of research, I crossed Winnebago, Fleetwood, American Coach, Thor, anything REV off the list. In the second year, I crossed off Tiffin. That left me with Entegra and Newmar, which I researched for the third year. I really, really liked the Dutch Star, but in the end it came down to price for what was important to me. All the others crossed off the list were because of inferior quality. The main problem I had with the Tiffin was poor insulation values and when I walked through their coaches, they seemed to bounce/rock more than Entegra.
The dealer where I purchased the coach was a non factor. I was going to buy from whomever in the Nation would give me the best deal. I had no intention of taking my coach back to the selling dealer for service if they had a poor service shop or were too far away, as the Entegra warranty work could be performed by any quality service provider. As it turns out, only NIRVC which is 1,100 miles away and Entegra which is 2,300 miles away have worked on the coach... Lol.
Funny how Thor and Winnebago were crossed off the list early. [emoji38]
GeezerViz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 08:41 AM   #11

Your scratch-offs make perfect sense and fit with my own set of values....

Learning what really matters to you in the coach is the secret.... they all look lovely.... but differ greatly in quality and company dependability. For us, there were only two to decide between ..... Newmar and Entegra and the 2 year warranty was really the winner.... both had coaches that were what we wanted to have, and Newmar cost more for those things.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 10:10 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
In this category, only Newmar and Entegra have the construction quality and the insulation levels that I want, so the comparison stops at those two. Insulation is under-appreciated as a factor. The comfort level of our Entegra far exceeds our prior coach in this regard. Entegra's two-year warranty is a biggie. You can't believe how fast a year goes by. And Entegra does a fantastic job of supporting their owners. They not only promise satisfaction, but they deliver on the promise. And we like the Entegra floorplans better that Newmar, and love the ceiling fan in our Entegra (not available on Newmars).

Would I buy a Newmar? Yes, if it met my needs as well as the Entegra. Would I buy any other brand? No, see first two sentences.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 10:28 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Echo what Marc just said. Saved me a lot of typing. Picking up the third one next week. 2 year warranty and outstanding customer care keeps me upgrading.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 11:11 AM   #14

After spending a year or so lurking on the forums and spending weekends at local dealers and RV shows we narrowed our next coach to Newmar, Tiffin, or Entegra.

We spent several weekends at MHSRV and Voght sitting in coaches to see what they felt like on the lot. MHSRV was always helpful but Voght just played games so they soured me on Tiffin.

We then spent three days at the Tampa show last January going through Newmar, Tiffin, and Entegra coaches, mainly looking at fit and finish. We had pretty much decided on an Anthem before going to the show but I wanted to make sure. A test drive with Ted Cook and a one on one with Angie sold us on Entegra and NIRVC.

I think support from the dealer is the key factor and Voght just didn't seem to care. MHSRV sold my previous coach to me and I knew their service was horrible. NIRVC is an unknown but their reputation is good and my dealings with them have been top notch so far. We ordered in May and expect to take delivery late August or early September.

We chose Entegra because of the two-year warranty, the 44w floorplan, and the darn things really are quiet inside with the doors closed.

We get weekly updates, including pictures, from Ted via our dealer and we're really looking forward to picking up our new coach and bringing it home.
lo-tek is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
entegra