Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-19-2022, 01:56 PM   #1

Entegra Class C Front Bunk Window

Hi everyone.

My wife and I are just starting our research on buying our first RV. We are still a good 12 months away but we are trying to learn as much as possible about the RV's that we think would fit what we are looking for. We will be renting a handful over the next year to see what class and size we would prefer.

The Esteem 29V C is on our list. We love the idea of the extra light that the front bunk window provides. It does bring up a concern about another area for leaks.

I fully understand proper care and inspection and that just about any seam on an RV can be a potential issue. I was wondering though if there has been any known issues with the front window?

Thank you for any help you might be able to provide.

-Chris
Frost43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-20-2022, 06:52 AM   #2

HI Chris, You'll probably not get much response here as this Forum is primarily Entegra Class A 's . Our first Motorhome was a Class C many years ago and the bunk area over the driver was our Kids favorite place to ride looking out the forward facing window but it also was the warmest area on a hot day .
I recently had the opportunity to look at several Entegra Esteems and one of my first thoughts was the " skylight " allows a lot of natural light but also transfers heat or cold depending on weather conditions and as you said potentially a water leak .
We will in the next year be downsizing to something smaller TBD but after checking out the Esteem personally that skylight would not interest me but that's just my opinion!

No RV anymore !
Hayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 07:50 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayman View Post
HI Chris, You'll probably not get much response here as this Forum is primarily Entegra Class A 's . Our first Motorhome was a Class C many years ago and the bunk area over the driver was our Kids favorite place to ride looking out the forward facing window but it also was the warmest area on a hot day .
I recently had the opportunity to look at several Entegra Esteems and one of my first thoughts was the " skylight " allows a lot of natural light but also transfers heat or cold depending on weather conditions and as you said potentially a water leak .
We will in the next year be downsizing to something smaller TBD but after checking out the Esteem personally that skylight would not interest me but that's just my opinion!
Thank you for the response. Totally appreciate it.

We are also looking at the Vision 29S. Now the post is sorta legit for the Class A forum.
Old 07-21-2022, 09:43 AM   #4

In general the windshield of a Class A is a huge heatsink. The temps of the front in any sunlight are substantially higher then any where else on the coach. (The same would be true of that skylight bunk window in the class c) You are well served to invest in a windshield cover like this https://magneshade.com/
As that will drastically reduce the heat gain that the front windshield provides while also providing a view out in the daytime hours.
jeff.herren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 10:08 AM   #5

You can look at the Jayco line, same RV with a few differences. I think No cabover window is one.
twinboat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 07:29 AM   #6

We really like the front window in our Esteem 27U. It does let in a lot of nice light. In the spring and fall, the warmth that it lets in is a good thing. I kind of feel that when it comes to heat transfer, the radiant heat coming in from the sun may be somewhat higher than the conduction transfer out when the sun is not on it.

It has a motorized "curtain" that quickly stops a fair amount of the conduction heat transfer in both directions and a large portion of the radiant transfer in, while in the sun.

Bottom line, though we often leave the motorized "curtain" closed, we really like having that window in the front. Knock on wood, we've not yet experienced any leaks. We need to keep it that way.
K7JV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 07:38 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
You can look at the Jayco line, same RV with a few differences. I think No cabover window is one.
The Class C's, to us, seem pretty dark inside. Of course we've only been in a couple and only camped in one we rented. We really like the idea of all the light that window can provide but everyone brings up great points about the heat.

We are going to rent a few more before we make a decision. Hopefully that will shed some light on the perceived darkness

Thanks everyone for the help.
Old 07-22-2022, 07:45 AM   #8

I researched the front Window/cap on my Entegra Odyssey 25r. One piece system designed like a car front window

Love mine.. great view at times is what I like best. My cabover is a storage area primarily, so it's nice to have that sweet view
AZstavman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 04:50 PM   #9

None I have an Entegra Esteem 31f and I’ve had no issues with leaks specifically the window area. The only issue I have is that kids forget that it’s an electric shade and not a manual pull down. The pulled on it and it broke. Only happened once. Now they remember there’s a switch to lower it or raise it.
Jack12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2022, 06:28 PM   #10

In extreme hot or cold, we install the curtains between the cab and the main room. This makes a big difference on the area you are heating of cooling.
Weeds636 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class c, entegra, wind, window