Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-01-2023, 12:43 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Entegra Cornerstone 2018 or 19

Is the extra money spent worth the 2019 over the 18 I have been looking at?
The digi dash is nice but also the first year and frankly does not mean too much to me.

How do Entegra owners feel the Cornerstone stacks up to King Aire in the 2018 -19 years.

Cornerstone has so many thought through features but is it to fast and not experienced enough to be all they say it is.

I like what I hear and see but skeptical on the experience they have?
Thank you!
kid gilmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-01-2023, 01:51 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
If you can step up to a 20, the air ride suspension changed from the Handly, which was not as smooth as the Valid. The Valid is much nicer riding than my 19 was.
The 19 was the first year of the Vega Touch to be updated via wifi. That was a nice improvement. Personally, I like the digital dash and was the main reason I updated from the 14.

As for the King Aire vs the Cornerstone, go with the floor plan you like the best.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2023, 02:54 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Entegra Cornerstone 2018 or 19

The 19 is worth it. Dash, compressor for air leveling, shut off for adaptive cruise, tpms(maybe not) and some other things I don’t remember[emoji3]. I owned both the 18 and 19. As far as the King Aire is concerned, the King Aire, is now priced so high that if you can buy one in good shape for anywhere near what the same year used Cornerstone is going for, it almost has to be a good deal! The old adage: a rising tide raises all boats! Both great coaches!
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2023, 07:27 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks everyone!

Hey, I have to ask ya all...
So today I started to Google and go on various owner sites, not just IRV.

Boy, lots of poor reviews on Entegra mostly Cornerstone.
Most love the coach but service and factory care was darn poor.
Many comment it was after the purchase was made.

You folks are owners have you been happy with dealer and factory support?

I did have a Thor product and simply swore I'd never buy another from them and many agree with this.
Best,
Jeff
Old 04-01-2023, 08:26 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
There are several of us here that have owned several Entegras. Personally I have owned 4 including the earlier Travel Supreme. The factory service is outstanding. I was there in Aug for my 2 year end of warranty service. It is still outstanding as it has ever been and why I continue to purchase Entegras.

There are always going to be dissatisfied people, no matter what brand, but Entegra stands behind there coaches and builds a heck of a coach. Sad part, they, like other manufacture get bad vendor items and take the blame for installing them on there coaches. The same vendor items are used on Newmar and most other manufactured coaches.

As for dealers, there is none better than NIRVC. You can use the search function at the top of the page, type in NIRVC and spend a day reading great reviews.

Thor, owns Jayco, but has nothing to do with the manufacturing of Entegra. I have owned a pre Thor Entegra, and two Post Thor Entegras, the Thor era coaches have both been better.
Old 04-02-2023, 05:52 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
This is reassuring thanks so much!
I will continue and plan to look at a 2019 private sale Cornerstone as well as a 2015 King Aire.
Best,
Jeff
Old 04-02-2023, 07:31 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kid gilmore View Post
This is reassuring thanks so much!
I will continue and plan to look at a 2019 private sale Cornerstone as well as a 2015 King Aire.
Best,
Jeff
The 19 will probably have all the new coach bugs worked out (they all have them) and will be a fine coach. Ask for records it they have all been taken are of.
Old 04-02-2023, 01:07 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks
Old 04-02-2023, 01:14 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kid gilmore View Post
Thanks
Also if that coach was taken back to the factory for the end of warranty inspection and corrections. It is referred to as the A.I.R. If that has been completed it's gong to be a good coach. The owner will have a notebook list from Entegra of all of the corrections and the inspections that were completed at the factory.
Old 04-02-2023, 02:22 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I have had more problems with my 22. But mostly just things that needed to be fixed and not much to keep me from using and enjoying the coach.

Entegra, Spartan, and NIRVC service have all been excellent. No issues.

Would I buy another one. Yes.

Good Luck.
Sold 2017 Entegra Cornerstone B
RVFunlovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 09:58 AM   #11

My 19 (off the line in May 2018) was a minor disaster the first 2 years of ownership. Delivered to me and the dealer directly from being finished on the assembly line, but the only thing I could be sure of was that every trip taken would involve broken plans, missed timelines, and 2 or 3 days to a week waiting for repairs to be made in some distant location. A new coach IS NOT a new Lexus. Most cars have problem-free performance for years when direct from the factory. Completely different experience with motorcoaches! Luckily, 90% of my problems were paid for by Entegra Coach and Spartan Chassis warranty, and service provided by NIRVC. Sad thing is that I expected that situation in my Cornerstone based on my experience with a brand new 2015 Anthem. IMO, new coach owners should expect that!!

Now, after 2 years of broken parts, failed equipment, and days getting to know repair shops in distant places and the good and bad local or distant restaurants and markets, after I got to 2 years, the coach started to hummmm. The Cummins is running great. The Chassis has had its major problems resolved. There are inside-the-coach equipment problems but they are manageable, and I do much of the repairing if they last until I get home. Nothing wrong with a '19 if its been used and owner has been good about getting things fixed and problems resolved. Some owners don't fix crap so the maintenance records are important to examine or know !!

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
entegra