Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-21-2021, 06:33 AM   #1

Entegra Cornerstone

I am looking to upgrade to a larger coach, more power, as we are traveling longer distances on our trips. Above all the interior wish list things, I want a coach with good road manners, easy to drive, plenty of power, and QUIET so my wife and I can hold a conversation going down the road.Been researching older Monaco signatures, '06-'07 era. But I have always liked the Cornerstone. Is there a year that I should stay away from, that had more problems than others? On the flip side, any stand out years. I see prices can vary a lot.
wracinti is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-21-2021, 06:57 AM   #2

The Cornerstone has been built on the same Spartan K3 chassis for many years. The K3 is a great chassis and the Cornerstone is a great coach. The CUmmins 600-605 has been standard power plant since at least 2013 or 14. It is very quiet.... wife and I can talk like we would talk at home while doing 68 mph down the interstate. The power is wonderful. Set the cruise for 68 and except for climbing the Rockies, my coach doesnt vary by more than 1 mph through 98% of all the miles I drive on interstates.

All years since about 2014 - 2015 are good and reliable.

Now, all motorcoaches are big huge machines with a ton of things in them bouncing down the road, so don't underestimate the cost of keeping these things going. Cummins should go easily and cheaply for more miles than you can drive it in this lifetime, but everything else in these coaches costs an arm and a leg and if you are not "handy", be ready for some significant annual costs.... and even if handy, be prepared with a fairly big bank account sitting there to cover costs.... these things are not like recent cars which will do 100,000-200,000 miles with little investment.... $3,000 - $10,000 costs are more common than you would like to hear. Know what you are getting into before you make the decision to buy one.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 07:25 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Adding to what Gary said, all of the Cornerstone’s production, beginning in 2011, are great products. 2011 thru 13’s were very low production and because of that were pretty well constructed. 14-15 was a busy time and quality suffered but never the structure. They were putting them together too fast and little(and big) nitpicking stuff wasn’t done. By now though, in a coach that old, those issues have long since been resolved. After a good generic inspection, I wouldn’t be afraid of buying one. 2016 on, was the new body style and there have been no significant issues since. A well cared for, older Cornerstone should give you lots of great memories!
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 07:46 AM   #4

Gary, thanks, my eyes are wide open. Unfortunately big $ hits are not restricted to the big rigs. Had my share. Love are present coach, just we are out growing it for are present RV needs.
Old 02-21-2021, 07:47 AM   #5

Gary, thanks for the tip on model years.
Old 02-21-2021, 08:55 AM   #6

We are quite happy with our 17 C/S. Bought used, put ~35,000 miles on it so far,
replaced the fresh water tank and front A/C Unit, out of warranty though. Overall a well built Coach w/minimal issues. As others mentioned, maintenance costs can be expensive on big ticket items i.e. radiator, refrigerator, A/C Unit etc. but being handy with tools does help to mitigate the intermediate cost items.
Not to disparage any other Dealers, as there are some very good ones, but you may want to check w/NIRVC for any used Units as they are, in general, highly regarded in the Sales and Service Departments.
2017 Cornerstone 45B - FMCA-#489135
2012 Scion XB - Pushing hard
jrugarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 08:59 AM   #7

I’ll try and add a little value here since I just bought a 2019 Cornerstone and did a bunch of shopping the past few months. I found the 2010-2013ish 600 Cummins was known for some expensive problems so I stayed clear of those years. Put a deposit on a 2014 only to find it had a bunch of small issues on inspection that needed repaired, probably $30,000 to get it dialed in. So I started looking for newer model year and realized it was going to cost me more. I ended up buying a 2019 45b cornerstone that only had 6,800 miles on it and we are currently using it for the first time and already finding little issues with it, aqua hot isn’t working correctly on diesel and a few cosmetic issues as well. Overall I am happy with the purchase, it’s a beautiful coach with amazing and amenities. In regards to ride quality, I don’t think any of them ride bad as the K3 chassis is one of the best out there and Entegra it’s self is a quiet coach even below the Cornerstone product line. I would suggest 2016 or newer as you get 365 front tires and a 20,000 lbs towing capacity. I haven’t spend enough time in the pre 2016 coaches but I have to imagine the 365 tires give more stability and a smooth ride. Good luck in your search. It’s not easy....
solarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 10:06 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Don't know your time window, but our '18 Cornerstone X MAY be available this fall.
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 04:47 PM   #9

John, thanks, yes I hear good things about NIRVC.
Old 02-21-2021, 04:50 PM   #10

Solarguy, thanks, no it's not easy. New, slightly used, older but well cared for, a lot of possibilities. We want to have the next coach a long time, maybe to the finished line, so it is very important we make the right decision.
Old 02-21-2021, 04:51 PM   #11

Stew, our timetable is early next year.
Old 02-22-2021, 11:15 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wracinti View Post
Stew, our timetable is early next year.

If we let ours go, it'll probably be in October.
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 02:20 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcosdad View Post
If we let ours go, it'll probably be in October.
Stew, my analysis indicates it's Diane & Angie on one side and you on the other. As such, I'll put a Benjamin on it being gone by October or soon thereafter.
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 02:53 PM   #14

We just listed out 2017 cornerstone on ebay over the weekend. I was not wanting to sell it yet, but a building next to my shop will be going for sale in the very near future and I have been waiting for years to expand.
twinturb089 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
entegra