Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-05-2017, 05:31 PM   #1

Entegra Cornerstone buy back from factory

Greetings everyone

Looking for some expert opinions on a 2014 Cornerstone 45J that was bought back from the original owners by Entegra and is now for sale again.

Apparently there was issues with it but now the factory has corrected them all...

I am wondering through all the knowledge and contacts here in this group if anyone has an idea of the coach in question.
Cornerstone1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-05-2017, 06:57 PM   #2

It might have a salvaged title so check that out. Needs to be priced at least 20% below going prices for same coach. I think it would be worth checking out. Go over the coach with a fine tooth comb to make sure all is well. Find out what the issues were that caused the buy back.
tom chelbana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 06:57 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Unlikely the owner can respond as they would sign a non-disclosure as to the action, not only in forums, but with others. We all hear rumors, but...

That said, if the dealer says that the factory repaired, is there a two year warrantee, is the price right (should be highly discounted), and is the dealer reliable in association with delivery as well as follow on service. For me, the price would have to be darn good with a serviceable warrantee...there are a number of used Cornerstones out there for sale as folks have stepped up to newer CSs. One thing to make sure...early 14s had 315 tires on the front. Second half of the year they switched to 365s. The 365s represent a "fresher" coach, and a better ride. JMHO
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 07:24 PM   #4

Wasn't there a thread on buy backs a few months ago?
ransil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 07:38 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
Unlikely the owner can respond as they would sign a non-disclosure as to the action, not only in forums, but with others. We all hear rumors, but...

That said, if the dealer says that the factory repaired, is there a two year warrantee, is the price right (should be highly discounted), and is the dealer reliable in association with delivery as well as follow on service. For me, the price would have to be darn good with a serviceable warrantee...there are a number of used Cornerstones out there for sale as folks have stepped up to newer CSs. One thing to make sure...early 14s had 315 tires on the front. Second half of the year they switched to 365s. The 365s represent a "fresher" coach, and a better ride. JMHO
I did not know that that chassis came with 315 tires! Fingers crossed it has 365s up front Thank you sir
Cornerstone1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 07:54 PM   #6

Friends of our had to send their class a back to the factory

It was a long horrible story. Can't recall the brand. They had a choice to send it back for good or have it repaired. The factory flew a tech out to drive it back. They lost an entire season of camping. The coach conked out on the way to the factory. It was at the factory for several months. Totally rewired and a paint job. Then they had a full warranty. They have been snowbirding in Florida with no problems. Their comment"our coach we traded in was better quality than this new one".The factory had the tech drive it back to their home and he caught a flight home. The factory techs sent frequent pictures and updates.
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 08:46 AM   #7

I can tell you from personal experience with Jayco that just because it goes back to the mfg. to fix it does not mean it is fixed. Mine went back due to leak issues requiring major cabinet rebuild. The dealer also sent a list of about 20 other items for them to fix. The cabinet rebuild was so,so and they only fixed about 3 other things on the list.

I would stay far away from a factory rebuild unit unless they are giving it away.
az99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 09:53 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by az99 View Post
I can tell you from personal experience with Jayco that just because it goes back to the mfg. to fix it does not mean it is fixed. Mine went back due to leak issues requiring major cabinet rebuild. The dealer also sent a list of about 20 other items for them to fix. The cabinet rebuild was so,so and they only fixed about 3 other things on the list.

I would stay far away from a factory rebuild unit unless they are giving it away.
I couldn't find what Entegra you have or did you sell the one your talking about or was it a different JAYCO product. Entegra is pretty much a completely separate from other JAYCO products.
Old 04-06-2017, 11:26 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ransil View Post
Wasn't there a thread on buy backs a few months ago?
I started a thread a while back about a 2015 Anthem that was bought back by Entegra. I couldn't get the dealer to come down to my price and felt what they were asking was too high.

Bottom line is the factory has to disclose what the issues were. They will not give up the previous owners name tho. They offered a 6 month warranty and didn't bat an eye when I told them I needed a full year.

Best of luck to the OP.
Old 04-06-2017, 12:49 PM   #10

I looked at a 14 anthem that was a factory buy back. At the time it scared me but now owning a Entegra product and knowing this company it was probably just fine... some 14s had the wrong screws used in the roof which caused some major leaks.. at least that's the story... but Entegra backed and fixed every one... I would buy only at a significant discount although as the history of the coach will now follow it and de value it because of it.. even if it's perfect. People hear factory buy back or the words re furbished they cringe...Jmo
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 10:08 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
It s all negotiations, hell ask for a 3 or 5 year warranty. The worst they can say is no. But I think they would take it. They need to move it off their books. It si showing as debt to the accountants.
royals1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 10:39 PM   #12

Lowejug brings up a good point. Run a CarFax report and see if the buyback shows up. If so, it will always carry that history, and you'll have to deeply discount it when it comes time to sell it, or trade it in.
vtwinwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 06:21 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedenesha View Post
I couldn't find what Entegra you have or did you sell the one your talking about or was it a different JAYCO product. Entegra is pretty much a completely separate from other JAYCO products.
I did not say an Entegra. It was their top of the line Super C Embark. It was a Jayco just like all Entegras were Jaycos and now Thors.
I do believe they may use better QC on the Entegras but the fact remains that the same people owned the company that built them.
I was not trying to hurt any of the Entegra owners feelings. I was sharing my experience as to how well Jayco handles factory returns.
When a product has so many or serious issues that it requires factory return, would you not expect the company to give it the same special attention whether it is their cheapest pop up or most expensive model?
az99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 07:46 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by az99 View Post
I did not say an Entegra. It was their top of the line Super C Embark. It was a Jayco just like all Entegras were Jaycos and now Thors.
I do believe they may use better QC on the Entegras but the fact remains that the same people owned the company that built them.
I was not trying to hurt any of the Entegra owners feelings. I was sharing my experience as to how well Jayco handles factory returns.
When a product has so many or serious issues that it requires factory return, would you not expect the company to give it the same special attention whether it is their cheapest pop up or most expensive model?
I think I know where you are trying to go with this, but you are trying to compare apples with carrots.

The Embark is a Jayco, made at the Jayco factory that had a major design flaw with the curved slide-room walls. It was their effort to do "something different" that did not work well.

Entegra Coach has done "buy backs" in an effort to keep customer's happy. A personal friend of mine has bought one of these "buy backs" and has had his coach for 2 years now with no major issues.

One reason why Entegra Coach is such a player in the high-end fiberglass market right now in just a very short few years, is because of how they treat their customers. So, it might mean buying back an unhappy customer's coach.

Yes, Entegra Coach is owned by Thor, but they are not a Thor motorhome.
And yes they are part of Jayco, but not under their management.

Tags
entegra