Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-17-2016, 11:35 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann n Gene View Post
So tell us where you bought you coach for $40000 less than NIRVC would trade. We would all be interested in saving $40k!

2016 44 B Topaz Cornerstone
2014 MKT towed
My point was that they offered me $40,000 less for my rig than other dealers did. That's all. When you peruse their site you can see that they have hardly any used units that aren't Entegras or Newmars. That may explain the low offer on my trade. Couple that with the sales manager's explanation that they wholesale out used units which is what they would have done with mine. I understand what they did and why. They obviously can't offer me as much for mine as a dealer could who sells that particular brand.

Geez folks, I'm not condemning the dealer. I had a bad experience and my efforts to explain what happened seem to be meeting with the wrath of spurned lovers. It didn't work out for me like it did for others. I would have much rather been posting my wonderful experiences like others have. Perhaps honesty isn't the best policy.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-17-2016, 12:12 PM   #58

Entegra Owners Club
Ed - as I came onto the site today I was hoping this wasn't deteriorating into a bashing session as sometimes happens. I've seen your posts for years and find them to be insightful and helpful.Your points are clear and valid and as I noted, my trade-in offer was also lower than I would have liked (Aren't they all?). My sense is that used coaches seem to scare NIRVC if there are any kinds of issues be it age, brand or floorplan.

I find them to be really professional but that doesn't mean they will meet our price expectations. I think Brett is very clear on his business model and they are very open. At least that makes it more likely that we are dealing with consistent practices.
Old 06-17-2016, 01:19 PM   #59

Sorry Ed, I misunderstood. I assumed you were comparing trade difference at two dealers, which is the only real bottom line on a trade. So you really do not know if or how much they were off compared to other dealers? That is the figure I would like to know. All JMHO

2014 MKT towed
Old 06-17-2016, 01:31 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann n Gene View Post
Sorry Ed, I misunderstood. I assumed you were comparing trade difference at two dealers, which is the only real bottom line on a trade. So you really do not know if or how much they were off compared to other dealers? That is the figure I would like to know. All JMHO

2014 MKT towed
I really can't tell how much they were off from others because of the way they handled my trade. I've seen the discounts go all over the board so I know that is a big variable but the trade offer was the one thing that really floored me. I could easily expect a $5,000 or $7,000 swing but when it was $40,000 I was really floored. Now I do understand why they were so low, but at the time I felt more insulted than anything.

I understand how my posts could have been misconstrued so no harm done. We'll share an appropriate adult beverage at some point in time when we our paths can finally cross.
Old 06-17-2016, 01:34 PM   #61

You are on my friend,😎

2014 MKT towed
Old 06-17-2016, 03:37 PM   #62

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnytaxman View Post
We'll share an appropriate adult beverage at some point in time when we our paths can finally cross.
Do we have to wait or can we just do it remotely/virtually? If so I am already in......
Old 06-17-2016, 04:03 PM   #63

Entegra Owners Club
Ed, you are to valuable to loose, please don't get upset. Dealers, any of them work with the brands they can sell. We just upgraded the DW's Lexus to a Lincoln MKX. The Lincoln dealer basically, with the price they offered, didn't want the Lexus. I sold it, seriously in 5 minutes for $5,000 more on Craigslist.

Same thing with my previous toad sold this month on Hitch Trade for $5,000 more than the Chevy dealer offered on trade on my new Colorado. The Tacoma is currently on an auto hauler headed for Oregon with all of the towing equipment that the dealer would have stripped.

Don't take any dealers first offer as gospel, they are all out to make the most profit, that's how they stay in business. However, we can sure put the cash outlay to our benefit with self sell trade ins.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 06:51 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnytaxman View Post

The sales manager who called me yesterday said that they do not sell used units like mine but rather would wholesale them out. Now, I'm not sure how many of you may have traded in units that were not one of the brands the company sells, but perhaps that is part of where we had a major disconnect.
I will confirm that what you experienced with trade valuation is similar to ours - so we are opting to sell our Foretravel ourselves or consign with a different dealer next season instead. We were offered easily $30-40K less than a FT-familiar dealer would be able to get us and were told our highly-upgraded current coach would be wholesaled.

No problem for us - we'll just sell it ourselves or consign it with a Foretravel-familiar dealership; but that plus a disappointing misstep by the finance team/bank means we're waiting another season before buying.
spuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 01:06 AM   #65

Just my two cents -

We purchased our 2017 Cornerstone from Orlando RV/RV One, during the FMCA rally in Perry. My impressions were that they were all business, but still very nice, and that nobody was going to beat them on price - and nobody did.

Our sales rep, Jennifer, was very pleasant and knowledgeable, and the sales manager, Anthony, was a tough negotiator but fair. I know we got as good a price as we would get anywhere and they had an interest rate available that could only have come from an organization that has some serious pull with banks.

Buying is one thing, and we have yet to see how they will act when it comes time for delivery. I am not expecting flowers and fanfare, but I am expecting that the delivery will be professional and comprehensive. I am expecting that the coach will be in excellent condition, ready for us to take possession, and that any discrepancies will be handled with swift and purposeful action.

Our coach is now in paint, and we have had regular updates from the folks at Orlando RV. We had a nice email from the service folks introducing themselves and supplying contact numbers if we ever needed help or information. So far so good.

This is an entirely new experience for us, and we approached everything as a business deal, and we were ready to walk if we couldn't achieve our goals. We visited every Entegra dealer at the show, but Orlando RV made it clear they wanted our business and they would do all they could to earn our trust, and make the deal.

I have been writing a fun blog - mostly tongue in cheek, and mostly for my own entertainment, but detailing everything from what we expected for a discount, and how we have been treated so far. I intend to detail every part of this relationship through to how we feel years after the fact. The whole RV industry is rife with crazy stories about deals, dealers, outrageous asking prices, things that don't work, unfettered loyalty - to a fault in some cases I believe - and I have to say, some of the nicest people we have ever met - we can't wait to get on the road and meet more. We have worked our whole life - since we were both 18 - and after 42 years together we are finally getting to spend some time together alone - well there are the grands, but that's different.

I could go on, but if you care to read any of my thoughts, they are here: -https://consumersaboutrvone.com/ - and I intend to add things as they appear.

We are both very excited, and equally scared to death - what the heck have we done? However I believe this will be a nice ride into the sunset for us, and we very much want to meet as many of our fellow travelers as we can.

Cheers!

Frank and Ruth
Franko Foto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 06:26 AM   #66

I've posted several times on different forums how different people will have different experiences at the same dealerships. We were having a very good experience with RVONE/Orlando during preliminary discussions BUT as soon as I told them we were asking for bids from several dealers all bets were off. I was told they wouldn't give me a price but instead bring them our best price and they would match/beat if possible. We were self employed for over 40 years and always bid our large equipment purchases with no issues from any dealers and I was shocked at how upset they were so we moved on as I only saw nothing good coming out of that scenario. JMHO !

No RV anymore !
Hayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 07:12 AM   #67

WNYTAXMAN

NiRV1 is currently experiencing a real love affair here on iRV2 (and I would guess everywhere else) because of everything that they do that is right in selling and repairing Entegras. However, even good places are not perfect, and since they are all in the business to make money and survive, they all have a hard edge somewhere. I dealt with a completely different (...worlds largest...) dealer and was absolutely floored by the price they gave me for my trade. My reaction was that it was insulting. They made a $45,000 profit on it in one week (took one week to sell it to someone else) and they invested not one red cent into it before making the sale). I was truly insulted by the price offered. That is until I called Lazy Days and Camping World and 3 or 4 other dealers, and their trade offers were even much worse that my dealer's. I could have sold it myself, and should have, as I got really raked over the coals, but I was just not in the mood (it takes a lot in this world to let me "lose" $45,000 - $60,000 on my deal (friends bought their coaches for $20,000 - $30,000 dollars less a couple of months later at the end of the model year)), but I just didn't want to be bothered and I paid the price. NiRV is not the only (most of the big dealers) really don't want to deal with a used coach of any brand or any age as so many of them just sit waiting patiently for someone to want to buy into an older coach for still a considerable sum of money.

And don't worry about being questioned about the deal..... until the shinny gleam wears off of NiRV a little, there are going to be a lot of positive stories (hopefully never happens, as it would be nice for a dealer to establish a truly great reputation for exceptional service, and keep that reputation..... to give everyone else something to shoot for). As Gene says, JMHO

We look forward to your continued participation in the forum!!

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 07:59 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
WNYTAXMAN

NiRV1 is currently experiencing a real love affair here on iRV2 (and I would guess everywhere else) because of everything that they do that is right in selling and repairing Entegras. ..... until the shinny gleam wears off of NiRV a little, there are going to be a lot of positive stories (hopefully never happens, as it would be nice for a dealer to establish a truly great reputation for exceptional service, and keep that reputation..... to give everyone else something to shoot for). As Gene says, JMHO

We look forward to your continued participation in the forum!!

Gary
GARY: I submit that the "love affair" has been EARNED. I've bought 3 new coaches, 3 different brands at 3 different dealers. NIRVC provided a buying and delivery experience far better than the previous two. I accepted the deal they offered and did not see the need to "negotiate" (I hate playing zero sum games) because their web advertised asking price was several % points better than EVERY other EC dealer I looked at. I did not expect to get "retail" for my trade because I think I got close to "wholesale" for our end-of-model-year in-stock unit, which just happened to be exactly what we wanted in color and interior options.

I fully agree that NIRVC is setting a new standard in how a dealership treats the customer, before AND after the sale, and hopefully other dealers will finally learn what a good experience looks & feels like to a buyer.
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 08:10 AM   #69

Ed:

If you will re-read my post, I didn't say a single negative thing about NiRV and your sensitivity to the "love affair statement" is exactly what I was talking about. There is a halo right now, while earned, that earns anyone who has any concern at all, the risk of being firmly informed that they are wrong. That was my whole point. And my second paragraph dealt with the hope that everyone else would try to live up to their reputation. We agree on that.

My statement stands..

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 08:20 AM   #70

Entegra Owners Club
Reading the many happy posts about NIRVC having the best price on new units. There will be no way they can give top $ on trade ins and price them to compete with their new units already priced lower that other dealers. (from what others say).

I would be please with the lowest price and best service, without having to trade in.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer