Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-21-2013, 12:37 PM   #1

Entegra does it again!

I am talking about the mobile app for iPhone and iPad (will be available for other platforms later as I understand it). This app is great! It contains section for you to log in using your VIN and then keeps you logged in until you check a box to log out (leave mine logged in all the time). There is a chat room of sorts, a picture section where members can upload pictures, a map function to help find services near you, and others I will talk about separately. The main functions that will be great for owners include the manuals, videos and contact information. The video section includes all of the UTube videos that Entegra posted on the internet but in a place where you can access them instantly. For example, you could access the one on inverters when troubleshooting electrical problems or the one on the multiplex lighting system if you have trouble there etc. A coming soon section will contain all of the owners and service manual in convenient PDF format handy at your fingertips. Another very useful section is the contact information with 24 hour helpdesk numbers for Entegra, Spartan, Coachnet, and Freightliner, I know we all have that information--SOMEWHERE-- but here it is in the Entegra app always at your fingertips when you need it in a hurry and do not want to sort through a bunch of "stuff" to find it. There is also a calendar function to show where Entegra will be exhibiting in the near future. The map function also shows dealers close to where you are. There is a section in the manuals and regulations section that has license requirements in all 50 states and includes a link to each states dept. of public safety.
All in all a great tool for Entegra owners and future owners (you do not have to register to download and use the app, just to upload photos and a few other functions of the app). I can see as this app develops and matures it will be a huge advantage for Entegra and owners to communicate and keep coach problems to a minimum.
There are a couple of features that I would like to see tweaked a little and I am sure more will pop up. For example, on the iPad it only works in landscape view and can not be turned upright to portrait view. I use my iPad with a keyboard stand that holds it upright in portrait view and I have to take it out to use the app in landscape view. Conversely, it only works in portrait view on the iPhone and when viewing the pictures and utube videos it would be really nice to view them in landscape mode making the pictures bigger. That is something that I am sure they will address in future upgrades as they add the PDF manuals. Bottom line it is a fantastic start and a very useful app that every owner of an Entegra or shopper will use and appreciate. It packs a LOT of information and help in one small package and another example why and how Entegra is striving to be the top coach manufacture and the industry leader in customer service. All JMHO -- check it out for yourself and report your impressions back here.

PS-- If you have not checked out the Entegra magazine on-line, check it out also. It is a top of the line, premium 30 page magazine the is filled with great articles and adventures of Entegra owners. In the current issue they announce that Entegra will be featured on the television show "Extreme RVs" that will air Oct. 8, be sure to tune in to that. This is the show that usually features Prevosts, Newell, recently Foretravel and Anderson Trailers (the 53ft. double deck RV used by some in the film industry). WOW Entegra, moving up in the RV world!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-21-2013, 12:59 PM   #2

Jayco has come a long way. Jayco is now building a class A motorhome, in the Jayco line. Probably just a more entry level Entegra. If we ever get another coach it will be a Entegra or Newmar. First rig was a Jayco and it was a great trouble free ride.Way to go Jayco. Jayco is a great company.
KSCRUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 01:46 PM   #3

This app sounds great. Too bad I am running android. May have to go out and get a I-pad. Have any idea how long for other platforms? Also looking forward to the TV show. Will set to record where I don't miss it
Thanks for the info.
G-Man51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 01:48 PM   #4

No idea really, but it should not be a huge deal to port it to other platforms.
Old 09-21-2013, 02:44 PM   #5

I am thinking I-pad! DW wants on anyway.
G-Man51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 02:56 PM   #6

Sounds like a plan to me!
Old 09-21-2013, 03:01 PM   #7

I googled "Entegra online magazine" and couldn't find it. Can you include the link?
Jake62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 04:01 PM   #8

Here you go: http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/b98db1fc You may have to cut and paste it into your browser.
Old 09-21-2013, 04:38 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Great article on our very own Dave and Beth! There's celebrities among us!
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 04:39 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
BTW, I think the iPad inventor must be an RVer! We both have one, I only pull out the PC to track some data or print.
Old 09-21-2013, 05:09 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
As do we (DW has an iPad and I have a mini, along with two MacBooks, and two iPhones)...the article...this gal started asking questions up at Summerfest...next thing you know...OTOH, celebrity is fleeting if you don't continue to do unusual things. I'm sure there are many much more interesting than our ride. I look forward to it. For us, we were just a target, probably because I had some fun with the Spartan leadership, while handing out awards and a few raspberries at the Summerfest Golf awards ceremony.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 05:14 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
May be but a round is on me when we finally cross paths!
Old 09-21-2013, 05:46 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
We'll be in Texas (excuse me...Baja Oklahoma) in March I think.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 06:02 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann n Gene View Post
Here you go: http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/b98db1fc You may have to cut and paste it into your browser.
Are there other editions of the magazine or just Fall 2013?

Curt
Curtisgeiger is offline   Reply With Quote