Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-23-2021, 08:03 PM   #1

Entegra Esteem 29V

Hello, I am trying to find out the curb weight for a 2021 Entegra Esteem 29V?
I have the GVWR @ 14,500# and the GCWR is 22,000#. I have searched and looked at all my paperwork and cannot find that information.
I apologize if this has already been posted, but I did a search and could not find it.
Anyone's help would be appreciated and Happy Holiday's!

Keith
GolfingRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-23-2021, 10:44 PM   #2

Hi, Keith. Welcome to your new Esteem. We have the 27U, and really like it. Curb weight is not something I've seen on RV's, per se. But maybe I can help a little. The maximum design weight, the GVWR (Gross Vehicle Weight Rating), is the most you want to plan to have your motorhome weigh. Also, you will want to know the actual weights on each of the axles. The sticker on our drivers door jamb says the GVWR is also 14,500 pounds, like yours. It also states that the front axle rating is 5,000 pounds and the rear axle rating is 9,600 pounds, which actually adds to 14,600 pounds, but the 14,500 number is the ruling total. I would plan to try to stay at or below those numbers.

The GCWR (Gross Combined Weight Rating) on ours is 22,000 pounds. So that means we can tow up to 7,500 pounds if the coach is loaded to 14,500 pounds. That is the weight of what you are pulling. The tongue weight of whatever you are pulling is another story, and I do not have that number at my finger tips for our rig. That is the actual down force on the hitch on the back of the coach. But from our experience, with the RV loaded as we feel we need it for our RV lifestyle, there isn't much room for any tongue weight. As you put load on the hitch, the rear axle sees even more than what the actual tongue weight is, as it will load the rear axle while at the same time it will actually UNLOAD the front axle. It does this because the coach will tend to pivot to the back with the added rear "bumper" load. It won't be a visible pivot, but it will be a pivoting of the weights.

You will also want to be aware of how much water you have in your fresh tank as well as both of your holding tanks. Fuel also enters into the equation. I would highly recommend that you load the coach with what you would consider to be your normal "stuff" including typical clothing, personal goods, food and such, and make sure that the fuel tank is full and the propane tank is essentially full. I would also suggest that you fill the fresh and the gray and black tanks with what you believe will be the way you will likely take it on the road. Then take it to a scale and weigh the front and the rear axles, and either add the two numbers or, if the whole coach will fit on the scale, the entire coach. AND MAKE SURE THAT THE HUMANS THAT WILL NORMALLY BE IN THE COACH are in it when it is weighed. That should then be your guide for future activities with your new RV.

The empty weight is something you could find by doing the opposite and visiting a scale, but that number doesn't really mean too much. What really matters is the weight with the rig outfitted and loaded the way you expect to use it.

We found that with our rig outfitted the way we want to use it, we are right at the limits on both axles and the total. In fact, if we travel with too much in the gray or the black tanks we exceed the rear axle and total limit by maybe up to a couple hundred pounds.

Tires, wheels, bearings, axles, the brake system, frame and suspension limits and specifications all come into play when it comes to establishing vehicle weight ratings. Even engine, transmission and differential capabilities can become a limiting factor. So it is important to respect the limits on our RV's.

I hope this helps. Do enjoy your new coach! Entegra built a pretty nice product in their Esteem line. We traded "down" from a 42' Monaco Dynasty, so the change was HUGE. But we're enjoying it a ton. Cheers, and a very Merry Christmas!!!
K7JV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 08:02 AM   #3

Hi Jim,

Thanks so much for the quick reply and very informative information. We have been waiting since mid April to get our RV and plan on heading south in early Jan.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
GolfingRVer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
entegra