Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-23-2016, 03:49 PM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HzrdUs View Post
I am making the trip for my PDI in April from California. I have some paint issues, the kitchen countertop needs to be replaced and some other minor issues. Is a week sufficient or do they normally run behind. I really hope it will be worth the time and money.
We have made the journey to Middlebury from RI or FL many times and have always felt it was well worth the trip. Always have a fun time there too.

Based on past experiences with paint issues, agree with Chuck, allow two weeks and hope for better.

Other reason for supplying issue list in advance is so parts can be ordered and on hand during your appointment. Windows, seating, cabinetry, countertop, and stuff like that may require special order. Also the factory practices Just In Time production and has no excess inventory. Again, based on past experience, call your service advisor several weeks ahead to verify that any needed major parts have actually been put aside or ordered for you.

Also if you need maintenance, Spartan is only a couple of hours north. Make that appointment well in advance too. Yes, Middlebury has a couple of Spartan techs, but once again based on past experience, we prefer to make the trip to Charlotte.
voltdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-26-2016, 03:34 PM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
I have a question in relation to this topic. We bought a used (2012) Cornerstone as this is our first time with an RV. We noticed a few issues right away, shades not working correctly or in sync, accent lighting issues, doors flying open while driving, to name a few. We contacted Entegra and set up an appt for Service and they emailed the Factory Service request form to fill out. As I was going through the Service papers from the previous Owner, many of the issues, problems, were the same as the previous owner stated and still not resolved or working. Since the the initial problems were addressed while under warranty and still not corrected, shouldn't Entegra fix these at no charge??
Thoughts on this anyone? Thanks!
DelandJulia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 03:48 PM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
I cannot speak for Entegra, but the previous owner had time to have the issues that were not corrected on the PDI corrected. I also had to turn around and go back on some issues from my PDI.

If you are up to DIY there are several good posts here on how to correct many of the problems you listed such as adjusting the basement doors so they do not come open. http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/corn...ml#post2250266

Welcome to the forum, there is a lot of information here to help with your issues. Many of us have already addressed those issues without going to Middlebury, however Middlebury is a fun area. Enjoy your Cornerstone and were here to help if we can.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 04:15 PM   #18

Assuming you're talking about the cargo doors coming open. The 2012 cargo doors had a latch Similar to an auto door and a plunger that went through the frame for the lock. In mid 2014 they went to the same type door as the aspire with a latch like a house door. In 2017 they went back to a cargo latch like an auto door, but the lock just locks the handle, no plunger. I can't remember anyone having a door coming open on any Entegra up to mid 2014. I would check the type latch you have plus make sure the plunger goes into the frame. I can't imagine the door coming open especially if the lock is working.

While some items were repaired under warranty and aren't now working whose to say they didn't work after being repaired? It's worth a try, but I wouldn't expect too much from warranty.
Misty123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
entegra