Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-20-2016, 05:39 PM   #1

Entegra Factory

When I purchased my Anthem in December of 2015, I was told by the dealer and several other Entegra owners about scheduling an appointment at the factory before my 2 year warranty expired. I was told that Entegra goes through the entire coach and fixes whatever needs repaired and replaces whatever needs replaced. The other day I contacted Entegra via email to set up an appointment. I received an email back that they only make appointements up to 6 months out and a list of what needs fixed needs to be forwarded. So I guess going to the factory for a "check up" is not permitted. You need to have a problem with something.
Does anyone else have information.???? If not for a "check up" what is the advantage of making the trip to Entegra?

Also, I was also told that when you get close to your warrant expiring, Entegra will contact you and offer an extended warranty, through Entegra. Is this true??
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-20-2016, 06:03 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
I don't think Entegra has an extended warranty.

I kept a running list of items, mostly little items, which I sent to them as part of the appointment process. They have their own "PDI" checklist and found items to repair that I had no idea were an issue. It's a worthwhile trip to a pretty scenic area of the country.

Vance & Robin
Dexter and Winston - Old English Sheepdog Security Service
2014 Entegra Anthem 42DEQ
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 06:30 PM   #3

Cutch, you may. It be able to get an appointment less than six months out, but they certainly schedule much farther out than that.

We hold a service appointment for March of 2018, about six months prior to the two year window closing, which they recommend.

Regarding any service appointment, PDI or otherwise, they ask for a form to be completed that lists the discrepancies observed.

Obviously, showing up no-notice, with a number of difficult to resolve issues can greatly lengthen the repair process.

I think this is a prudent practice, and was actually the same with our last coach, a Tiffin.

There are basically two ways to have a coach repaired, drop off or babysit.

If you drop off and intend to return to collect the coach, plan on emptying the fridge and winterizing during the cold months.

If you desire to stay with the coach and babysit, Entegra has a Owner's Lounge. They also provide a tour and evidently you can spend some time with PJ to take a ground school on your coach. I've never met PJ, but look forward to listening to him talk. Good guy.

You're also in the heart of the RV manufacturing industry, and there is a lot to see during the day when you must vacate the coach. This is one thing I don't care for with Entegra.. you leave the coach with them and gotta clear out.

Tiffin permitted you to stay while the work was being done, and I learned a lot from watching the guys work. I do our PM and mods, so I'm just a sponge for hands on stuff.

I'm certain others will add their thoughts.

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 06:46 PM   #4

I have never heard of a post 2-year warranty extended warranty. I seriously doubt that is true.

I scheduled my 2 year PDI 1 year in advance. I was there a year before that at their request because I had a serious problem that could only be resolved at the factory.... a series of serious roof leaks knocking out my electrical system. Now, if you have a catastrophic problem, then EC CS will invite you back to the factory and will work you into the people that are scheduled there already, but you are a "work-in". Given our problem, we were happy to be whatever we were!! We did that for almost 3 weeks but it was worth it to get our problem fixed by the people that created the problem..... the factory.

Now, I think that they are also moving into "repair for hire" after your 2 year PDI warranty period ends. I think if you have a 4 year old coach and you want them to repair things, you can schedule in to have your coach problem fixed for a fee, just like you can at any dealer (supposedly/theoretically). So, the factory is in the business of fixing problem that develop under warranty AND fixing anything else appropriate for other coaches at owner cost.... That may be where the rumor of an extended warranty originate.

I think what I just described is all true.... maybe someone else will confirm....

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 07:30 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Cutch

If I understand, you purchased your coach on Dec of 15, therefore your out of warranty Dec of 17. I would think that you want to schedule your PDI sometime in the coming months... approx. 6 months before the warranty is over. I do find that it is nice to shakedown Entegra repairs and I would think that you would want a bit of a cushion to do that before the warranty period is over. Further, I don't think that you want to be in Middlebury in late Nov or Dec unless there is something major to be done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutch View Post
When I purchased my Anthem in December of 2015, I was told by the dealer and several other Entegra owners about scheduling an appointment at the factory before my 2 year warranty expired. I was told that Entegra goes through the entire coach and fixes whatever needs repaired and replaces whatever needs replaced. The other day I contacted Entegra via email to set up an appointment. I received an email back that they only make appointements up to 6 months out and a list of what needs fixed needs to be forwarded. So I guess going to the factory for a "check up" is not permitted. You need to have a problem with something.
Does anyone else have information.???? If not for a "check up" what is the advantage of making the trip to Entegra?

Also, I was also told that when you get close to your warrant expiring, Entegra will contact you and offer an extended warranty, through Entegra. Is this true??
Old 12-20-2016, 08:47 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
I just finished a factory visit in October. I had several items which I briefed them on prior to arrival. One of the things we listed as needing attention was "factory PDI"
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 05:06 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
I had my PDI in July. From what I was told, they wanted appointments scheduled at least 6 months in advance. (no last minute appointments) The sheet is required so they have an idea how long to schedule a Tech for your coach. If you have no problems, I know others that have skipped their PDI. I don't know if they have "just a check up", I have never heard of that, but they do check items that are known to have problems.....if they have time, a few were missed on my PDI.

I have never had a "factory extended warranty" offered to me, only Good Sam's a couple times a month.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 10:45 AM   #8

The strange part is they call it a PDI. Not a repair stay. Gives the wrong impression in my humble opinion. I had a lengthy list and they completed it. Nothing else was checked unfortunately.

Tony
2014 Anthem 44B
2011 Honda CRV
Old 12-21-2016, 11:00 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutch View Post
If not for a "check up" what is the advantage of making the trip to Entegra?
The advantages are many, and they have been enumerated here. The "big" advantage is that service at Entegra is that good...head and shoulders above other service experiences, especially for large or specialty stuff.

For example, I had significant paint issues. I really don't trust my local body shop to come up to the Entegra standard, and once it's messed up, there really isn't a way to go back. Entegra sends it to Precision or to their factory paint shop and it gets done right.
RubiconTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 04:20 PM   #10

John

I was there in October and I was sent to S & S RV painting in Wakarusa, IN, which is a great place. I was very impressed with them. Only problem is that they start even earlier than Entegra does .... 6:00 am !

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 05:24 PM   #11

My pdi was scheduled 8 months before expiration and was done on the last month... that way you get every last issue taken care of... overall a cool experience.. factory tour and pjs class was great... all of my list was fulfilled and they do have there own check list they run it through... and all at no charge which was great and you have factory trained techs so you know it's done right..
It coste me a few bucks to do this and about 10 days of my time but I live on the west coast so it was a journey.. never heard of a Entegra extended warranty and don't think that's true.. but if it was I would of done it...
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 09:01 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
I am making the trip for my PDI in April from California. I have some paint issues, the kitchen countertop needs to be replaced and some other minor issues. Is a week sufficient or do they normally run behind. I really hope it will be worth the time and money.
Old 12-22-2016, 04:09 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HzrdUs View Post
I am making the trip for my PDI in April from California. I have some paint issues, the kitchen countertop needs to be replaced and some other minor issues. Is a week sufficient or do they normally run behind. I really hope it will be worth the time and money.
That will depend on how many "hold overs" that are there waiting for vendor parts, etc. Also how many new coach with emergency repairs that come in. April is also a busy month with all the Snowbirds heading home. Entegra is "on the way home". It depends how long your list is, but 2 weeks is a safe schedule especially with paint....mine took longer.

Another suggestion, call your service advisor a month before your scheduled appointment and make SURE you are on the list. For some reason I was dropped and spent twice as long as I was "fill in" without a schedule. They had my emailed sheet,(thank God or I would have been turned away) but someone forgot to schedule me in on my scheduled date.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 05:52 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by HzrdUs View Post
I did the Spartan Academy while I was there (also from California) and then spent a month or more going to Florida and general traveling after that...made it doubly worthwhile.
RubiconTrail is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
entegra