Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-28-2013, 08:24 PM   #1

Entegra Factory Visit

We visited the factory today and all of the positives regarding Entegra we've felt seemed to be confirmed. We were impressed on about every level I could have imagined. The office people we met all seemed sincere in their commitment to customer service and satisfaction. The people in the factory had a work ethic that was remarkable. They seemed focused on what they were doing and doing it well. There weren't groups just standing around talking - everyone was hustling and taking care of business. And it didn't seem they were rushing so much as to compromise quality, either. The production line process seemed to make sense, and the standards of construction were impressive to a non-engineering person like me. I guess you could say I officially drank the Kool Aid today.

Recently someone on the board suggested that those of us who are ordering RV's get out to first hand look at the colors. That was excellent advice and for us the trip to the factory was worthwhile for that purpose alone. We decided to change our exterior color selection today, and we confirmed our decision on our interior decor.

We learned today that our chassis will enter the production line on April 1. Undoubtedly this will be the best April Fool's day we've ever had!
Tim McK is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-29-2013, 03:57 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
So what exterior color did you go with.
ravens2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 05:49 AM   #3

We ended up with Tuscan Sun exterior and Boardwalk interior.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:46 AM   #4

While here in Middlebury I read an article in this morning's Elkhart Truth that I thought everyone might find interesting. The article is about how Elkhart County led the nation in job growth! Here job growth is fueled by manufacturing, and of course manufacturing is largely the RV business. The article also quotes statistics describing how 2012 was a better year for the RV industry and how 2013 is shaping up to be even better. Here is the link:

http://www.elkharttruth.com/apps/pbc...te=wirelessart

All this bodes well for the 77,000 sq ft plant expansion underway at Entegra.
Old 03-29-2013, 07:05 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim McK View Post
While here in Middlebury I read an article in this morning's Elkhart Truth that I thought everyone might find interesting. The article is about how Elkhart County led the nation in job growth! Here job growth is fueled by manufacturing, and of course manufacturing is largely the RV business. The article also quotes statistics describing how 2012 was a better year for the RV industry and how 2013 is shaping up to be even better. Here is the link:

Elkhart County manufacturing led county to top nation in job growth

All this bodes well for the 77,000 sq ft plant expansion underway at Entegra.
To add to their job growth, Thor just moved their corporate headquarters to Elkhart from Ohio. All of our RV's are actually made in America which is another positive.
Old 03-29-2013, 01:58 PM   #6

Congrats. on your choices! We too chose the Tuscan Sun exterior but went with the Sunset Boulevard Interior and Tuscan Glazed Cabinets. At least those were the colors we chose for 2013, are you getting different color choices for 2014? We have had our Anthem 42 DEQ for 3 wks. and are still enamored! Enjoy your coach--- the wait is worthwhile!
RARN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:43 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RARN View Post
Congrats. on your choices! We too chose the Tuscan Sun exterior but went with the Sunset Boulevard Interior and Tuscan Glazed Cabinets. At least those were the colors we chose for 2013, are you getting different color choices for 2014? We have had our Anthem 42 DEQ for 3 wks. and are still enamored! Enjoy your coach--- the wait is worthwhile!
The color choices we were offered for our 2014 Anthem were the same as those available for 2013.

We drove to Precision Paint today, and although we didn't have an appointment we were able to get a quick tour. Precision's owners had a meeting with the employees this morning, and since today is Good Friday many were getting off work early as soon as they finished what they were working on. So it was a good time for the tour, and we saw a several Entegras at various stages of completion. Precision also paints for other RV manufacturers but we were told Entegra is probably Precision's biggest customer. We asked our tour guide if they were going to be able to handle Entegra's increased production. Our guide responded that today the owners addressed that at their employee meeting, and they have plans to accommodate Entegra. It's great to see the economy prospering here.

It's been a fun and informative trip. Our feel good factor about Entegra started out high and then skyrocketed over the last 24 hours!
Old 03-29-2013, 08:46 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks for the reports on the factory visit. There are several of us living vicariously through your experience.

2013 Entegra Cornerstone 45K
2012 Cadillac SRX and 2014 H-D FLHTK
P&GD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:03 AM   #9

Tim,

Just out of curiousity, how was the addition coming to the factory? I was wondering if they were close to being done.
Old 03-31-2013, 10:44 AM   #10

Parts of the building structure has been erected but the slab has not been poured. Now that the weather is improving I expect construction will speed up, but they have a lot of work to do before it is completed.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:47 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Tim and Karen,
Glad you had such a positive experience as did we. When and where do you expect delivery?
Beautiful color selections, too.
Flora
Flora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:42 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flora View Post
Tim and Karen,
Glad you had such a positive experience as did we. When and where do you expect delivery?
Beautiful color selections, too.
Flora
Hi Flora. We are scheduled to take delivery in Buffalo, NY in late June or early July. Obviously we can hardly wait. It seems that every conversation I initiate with my wife is about RV's, and I'm sure her patience is being tested.

Yes, the factory tour was a great experience. It was also an interesting cultural experience to be introduced to Amish country. I grew up in central Indiana but the Amish in northern Indiana weren't on my radar way back then. And we will never forget the buffet and pies at Essenhaus or the pastries and donuts at Rise and Roll Bakery. I was daydreaming about those donuts this morning while I had my coffee.....
Old 04-03-2013, 06:28 AM   #13

Tim, keep us posted on your pick up date. We are about six miles from Buffalo RV and we'd love to stop and see your new wheels. Mark Strollo and his crew have taken very good care of us.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:29 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim McK View Post
Hi Flora. We are scheduled to take delivery in Buffalo, NY in late June or early July. Obviously we can hardly wait. It seems that every conversation I initiate with my wife is about RV's, and I'm sure her patience is being tested.

Yes, the factory tour was a great experience. It was also an interesting cultural experience to be introduced to Amish country. I grew up in central Indiana but the Amish in northern Indiana weren't on my radar way back then. And we will never forget the buffet and pies at Essenhaus or the pastries and donuts at Rise and Roll Bakery. I was daydreaming about those donuts this morning while I had my coffee.....
Woohoo, more WNY'ers. I grew up in Chautauqua County (Brocton) and spent many a day in Buffalo and surrounding areas. The misses and I are coming up for the Bills draft party at the Fieldhouse in a few weeks. It's always nice to still have friends up there. Love the place.

Oh yeah...CONGRATS ON THE NEW ENTEGRA!!!! We do our factory tour tomorrow (4/5).
Whatnobeer is offline   Reply With Quote