Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-21-2016, 05:29 PM   #1

Entegra ? For Hydralift Users

We are anxiously preparing for our 2017 Anthem from NIRVC in June. One of the reasons for getting our first MH is to carry a Harley and a toad. Before placing the order for a Hydralift I have a few questions from those with experience please.

1. Are there any negative issues I should consider?

2. Can you open the motor access without removing the lift?

3. Have you used a bike cover without harming the finish of your bike, if so what cover?

Thank you
Mike&Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-22-2016, 04:28 PM   #2

Someone with experience on lifts will chime in but I'm investigating a cruiserlift for our new Aspire and BMW GSA. Like the simplicity afforded by using a winch rather than hydraulics. In any case I'm going to NIRVC and will inquire as to their recommendations as well as installation of the requisite three point hitch. In any case this video shows that there is no engine cover interference with the hydralift.
http://youtu.be/u5UcvY8zy-A
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 05:52 PM   #3

I do not have a lift YET but the Hydralift is at the top of my list as far as all the manufacturers. It is in my opinion the best quality and the bike "rides " much higher then other lifts and your toad pulls off the frame not the lift platform.

The rear hatch will open but you may need to lower the lift first as it depends on how your installer mounts the brackets and closeness to the coach.

Regarding the cover: HydraLift makes a " garage cover " BUT I've been told by some that it rubs the paint and doesn't keep the bike very clean. I think I'll get one with a platform rather then just a narrow wheel runner as I think it would help with splash up !

No RV anymore !
Hayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 07:09 PM   #4

Dave (DSL417) just sold a hyralift that he had on the back of his Cornerstone. Give him a day or two to see your request for information and he will give you some good advice.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 06:56 AM   #5

Thanks fellows.
Mike&Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 08:27 AM   #6

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Have one. Yes you can lower lift to ground to access engine. I don't carry mike bike covered due to damage fears. I saw a covered lift and that owner had to do a lot of customization to avoid flapping and damage so I decided to not get the garage. As for negatives it reduces towing capacity. It did block my brake lights when it was folded up, so had to mount some lights on underside of lift.
trimacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 08:07 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
OK...Hydralift is the best lift for MCs, ATVs, and golf carts...JMHO.

That said, get the wings for tie downs and the chock to drive into...extra money; needed. I recommend Harley tie down straps; made to handle the weight.

Next, if your bike offers attachments for the front forks, get them and use them as front tie down points. If not, then get the double loop straps and tie down over the triple crown.

I found rough roads and hoop de dos in CA particularly troubling for back tie down points. I broke two passenger pegs using them as tie downs and ended up getting the same size eye bolts, replaced the passenger pegs with these for travel, and then put the passenger pegs back on upon arrival. I don't know why I had so much travel issues with the rear tie downs, but eventually this played a big role in selling the bike...I just didn't trust the lift on really rough roads. I am the only person that I know that would admit this...so I probably wasn't doing it right. All, JMHO
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 08:51 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
OK...Hydralift is the best lift for MCs, ATVs, and golf carts...JMHO.

That said, get the wings for tie downs and the chock to drive into...extra money; needed. I recommend Harley tie down straps; made to handle the weight.

Next, if your bike offers attachments for the front forks, get them and use them as front tie down points. If not, then get the double loop straps and tie down over the triple crown.

I found rough roads and hoop de dos in CA particularly troubling for back tie down points. I broke two passenger pegs using them as tie downs and ended up getting the same size eye bolts, replaced the passenger pegs with these for travel, and then put the passenger pegs back on upon arrival. I don't know why I had so much travel issues with the rear tie downs, but eventually this played a big role in selling the bike...I just didn't trust the lift on really rough roads. I am the only person that I know that would admit this...so I probably wasn't doing it right. All, JMHO
Reading about your issues in the past Dave made me adjust how I do my tie downs in the rear. Now I spool the tie down around the frame going to the rear wheel on both sides. It's a little tight to do and requires a small amount of patience but the end result is it's a lot easier to really tighten down the rear doing it that way.

Haven't had the pleasures of CA roads but I've gone through New England, to Florida and out to Tucson without any issues.
bokobird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 05:27 AM   #9

Any tips/recommendations on the three point hitch needed?
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 09:21 AM   #10

The CRUISER LIFT should come w/3 point receiver hitch while the HYDRALIFT attaches with saddle brackets customized to the coach which includes a receiver for your toad.

The concern of safely carrying the bike and pr,otecting it from the elements is why I'm dragging my feet on getting a HydraLift installed not to mention wife won't ride with me and wants me to get a trike which means a 10K HydraLift. I'm thinking rentals make much more sense !

No RV anymore !
Hayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 06:32 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
The Hydralift and my 45' Anthem

Idaho Wrecker Sales (IWS) in Mountain Home, Idaho installed the Hydralift (HL) on my 2016, 45' Anthem to carry my Harley. I didn't want to tow. They tilted it up 2.5 degrees above parallel as they installed it. They bolted it on versus welding. They added a steel plate to each of the attachment points to add stability. It is solid as a rock attached to the chassis. We added two LED light bars to the HL for better visibility. The good thing is that the Anthem has a rear camera. The bad thing is that I can see my Harley and the HL swaying, bobbing, floating, over the bumps and whoop-tee-dos. A bit unnerving the first 200 miles but then I got used to it. . . .I quit looking (kinda) LOL I check the straps every time I stop. Don't get them too tight. You don't want a piano wire type tension. You may damage the shocks and seals on your bike. Use the highest quality ratchet type straps you can find. It is the best lift on the market although a bit spendy at $6,800 after install. I am very pleased after 2,500 miles. And no, don't cover your bike, you will just damage that beautiful paint job. It takes me 20 minutes and 1 Coors Light to clean it. AB
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hydraflit.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	321.0 KB
ID:	139011   Click image for larger version

Name:	AV redwood forest.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	635.9 KB
ID:	139012  

Basko56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 06:45 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Basks's assessment is on the mark. Recommend HD ratchet tie downs. Much superior to the brands you'll find in the box stores. Also recommend the straps that allow tie down over the triple crown. That said, we never got away from the swaying, and down right jumping with the hoop de doos. In the end, part of the reason for trading for an ATV, riding in the back of the P/U toad.

If I had it to do again, I'd probably go with a rampage ramp on the back of the P/U, rather than the Hydralift. JMHO, plus we went with the P/U as a toad to start our journey.
Old 09-15-2016, 08:19 AM   #13

Send a message via Skype™ to TDB1227
Had the HL for 3 years - 40K miles.
Had problem 5 months ago and replaced the H frame (see earlier post).
Except for this experience a perfect lift, HL will be transferred early October to my new CS which apparently requires slight cutting in the rear cap for the 2017's.

Use:

2 straps @ the front to pull the bike forward into the chock - not to the steering wheel.

2 straps @ the front to stabilize - also not to the steering wheel.

2 straps in the back to stabilize; not easy, 1 from the disc brake across & underneath the base plate; 1 from the frame across & underneath the base plate. It various per HD model. I have a Road King classic but helped Mike (OP) with his HD and we had problems finding attachment spots in the rear as I suggested him NOT to use any bolted on parts.

1 strap around the wheel and base plate stopping it from jumping off the rail. Works perfect - bike never jumps.

Use all sheepskin straps with heavy duty tie downs.

Teun
TDB1227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 01:44 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
You know, forgot to mention, I took the passenger foot pegs off and inserted eye bolt into the position to attach to in the rear. Did this after breaking two foot pegs on bad hoop de doo roads. Worked.