Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-17-2018, 11:27 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Entegra Furniture

I have learned a few things about the cushions in our coaches that is a little shocking.

Passenger side captain chair we noticed was leaning quite a bit and it was very noticeable when we were parked and turned the chair around. It was so bad you could not sit in it. Same issue with some of the cushions for the furniture. The hide a bed cushions leaned toward the center it was all because the foam was degraded. The cushions on our booth were completely collapsed on the outside. If you sat next to the wall the cushions were fine.

Our furniture was made by Villa and when I contacted them they told me Entegra ordered the softest foam available so that when someone sits down they have the wow factor. Issue is it is so soft it breaks down fast making things very uncomfortable

I am at Villa today and they are changing out all the foam as well as fixing the passenger captains seat with a heavier weight foam. What a difference already since they have made the change. I wish Entegra would have opted for a better quality product versus just looking for the wow factor as they knew the foam would wear out fast

Granted we have put 67,000 miles on our coach in 5 years but they should have lasted twice that amount if they used a good quality product

I worked with Ron at Villa who has bent over backwards to help fix the issue and to give us something that will last. If you are facing the same issue and your couches were Villa contact Ron and he will help

After replacing the foam our coach feels better than new again
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-17-2018, 11:42 AM   #2

Entegra Furniture

I have not been happy with the softness of the dinette cushions and drivers seat from day one. Good to know Villa can correct the problem. Thanks for posting.
Larry
Jolar01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 12:06 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
We had the booth dinette foam changed during our PDI. Well spent $300. There is also a commercial upholster in my area the does restaurant furniture and he said he could change the foam without a trip to Indiana. He did some work on the Travel Supreme and he was good.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 01:53 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Here is my contact at Villa

Ron Belk
Villa International
Steelpower 24/7 Chairs
Kustom Fit, Div. of Villa Furniture Mfg. Co., Inc.
13760 Midway Street
Cerritos, CA 90703
T) 562-404-8111 Ex. 105
F) 562-404-7499
E) rbelk@kustomfit.com
Old 09-17-2018, 03:25 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
The Entegra furniture is certainly not built to last! Upside is refoaming the furniture is like getting a brand new coach!
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 05:14 PM   #6

Entegra Furniture

I personally quite enjoy our anthem furniture.. in fact thought the villa was a great upgrade... we feel our couch and seats are supple and medium hardness..
I had a Monaco dynasty with hard foam in it and it was very uncomfortable and had no plushness at all ... i will say this.. I have owned 5 other brands of motor homes and every thing in my entegra anthem is leaps and bounds better quality including the furniture.. maybe it’s a mattress thing.
Some like it hard and some like it soft.. some like it medium.. can’t fault entegra for there choice.. pushing 40 k in the coach and still feel great
jmo
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
entegra