Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-07-2020, 11:24 AM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjohnson913 View Post
Newmar has a very similar construction type and they switched from Aquahot heated floors to electric grid a couple years ago.
Both systems have their plusses and minuses. We have electric and love how fast they heat but if I was buying an Entegra I wouldn’t let the floor heat play a big part in my decision. If I was buy a brand with electrically heated floors that also would not sway my choice either. I just wouldn’t be without heated floors ever again
I've been reviewing and road testing Newmar coaches for magazine articles for a number of years and have never seen a hydronic heated floor in their coach. The do have a similar floor construction to Entegra but it's not as robust and they do notch into the floor for the slideout mechanisms, which render the usage of hydronic in-floor heating pretty much a non-issue. The main reason other manufacturers use the electric below-the-tile grid is because they don't have a floor capable of containing a hydronic heating loop.

I agree with your other comments. There are pros and cons to both methods. Just pick the coach you like and accept whatever floor heat they have. It's not a deal breaker either way. Entegras are typically purchased based on a ton of other benefits that they offer rather than their in-floor heat method.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-07-2020, 11:54 AM   #16

What if Aspire I am looking at only has the 400 Aqua hot, does that mean it would have the electric engine block heat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeWat View Post
While not on the floor topic, don't forget that starting at the 450, the AquaHot (450D and up) also have the engine loop which allows for an AquaHot heated engine when parked in cold weather, and engine heated hot air and water when driving.
Prairie Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 12:38 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Dog View Post
What if Aspire I am looking at only has the 400 Aqua hot, does that mean it would have the electric engine block heat?

Docs I have seen for Aspire note the engine block heater is 1000W plug in electric accessible in the engine bay. For which you would leave unplugged until the cold weather dictates plugging in.
jeff.herren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 01:11 PM   #18

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Dog View Post

I might be wrong, but I think you will have the electric heat no matter what... while we have the option to pre-heat the engine with the AquaHot, we still have an electric heater available to us. It is my understanding, or at least I'm told that the AquaHot engine heat loop starts with the 450, which is basically the difference between the 400 and the 450. Now with all that said, I can still be wrong... just ask the DW .
DeWat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 01:13 PM   #19

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzer View Post

The main reason other manufacturers use the electric below-the-tile grid is because they don't have a floor capable of containing a hydronic heating loop.

GREAT point Mark. Wasn't that your article with those excellent pictures of the floor being assembled where heating tubing was visible?
DeWat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 01:23 PM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
The Aspire block heater is operated by plunging it in to an all-weather outlet in the engine bay. I put in a remote (outdoor lighting control) between, which works fine. I also put an LED light on the switch so I cam look and see if it went on.
Cousin Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 03:36 PM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeWat View Post
GREAT point Mark. Wasn't that your article with those excellent pictures of the floor being assembled where heating tubing was visible?
Yes, that was my article.
Old 08-07-2020, 03:38 PM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cousin Ed View Post
The Aspire block heater is operated by plunging it in to an all-weather outlet in the engine bay. I put in a remote (outdoor lighting control) between, which works fine. I also put an LED light on the switch so I cam look and see if it went on.
All models will have the electric block heater. I had them put mine on a separate circuit than the other basement receptacles, which were on an inverter fed circuit. That way I can turn it on or off via the circuit breaker in the main panel, which is not connected to an inverter.

Tags
entegra, floor, heat