Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-10-2017, 08:40 AM   #1

Entegra Image

I didn't wan to hijack another thread so I want to express some of my opinions here.

When I started my search for a new motor home I came across Entegra. part of the largest family owned RV manufacturer in the world. The brochures proudly displayed this and it was well received. The last RV I had was part of a very large conglomerate that didn't seem to care about the owners. We seriously considered another brand (Newmar) but thought that jayco was in a better financial position, assuring us better customer service in the long future of ownership.

Then last year Entegra became part of the large conglomerate that I was trying to get away from. Although we were told that nothing was going to change, things did change. First, questions started about warranty and the interaction with the dealerships, and then this lawsuit against a dealership that seems to be the best model for the RV owners.

I love the Entegra product and the staff behind it, but the company concerns me a great deal. I hope the brand doesn't deteriorate to the point where this is viewed as just another "Vega" in the RV industry.

In my opinion, the entire RV industry is about 5 years too late for a major shake up. Somebody, someday will figure out what the RV owner wants and needs. Reliability! Consistent reliability and service.

I'm in the marketing business and I can assure you, the recreational vehicle manufactures don't truly understand what business they're really in. They think they're in business to pump out RVs. But they are really in the fantasy business. People buy RVs because they have a fantasy of stress free living, without being tied down to a brick and stick home.

When a manufacture actually builds a RV that fulfills this desire to have stress free ownership, with parts available, and service waiting with open arms, they'll turn the industry upside down. Public litigation to shut down a dealership that's known for fixing other dealership blunders is a mistake. I realize there are sales boundaries for licensee agreements(I have them for my Licensees too) but the internet has changed sales and this change has been for the benefit of the end user. Each state in the United States, is facing much the same issue with sales taxes. The question is always, "where did the sale originate" and this hasn't yet been worked out by our great legal system. The free enterprise system that makes this country great need to shine here. The dealership that earns the sale, gets the sale and let the buyers vote with their dollars.

Entegra was close, but I fear they're slowly drifting, perhaps in part to the corporate "bean counters" not listening to the visionaries. Unfortunately, visionaries and bean counters don't see the same things, but they're each important to a business.

I still believe Entegra is the best value out there but I fear a cancer is growing and the visionaries are being silenced.
dave&ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-10-2017, 08:47 AM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Interesting.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 09:02 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Well Said.
RMatusick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 09:13 AM   #4
D333RLT Tower

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Not to bash Entegra but, we've voted.
Old 11-10-2017, 09:45 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
I certainly understand your concern. Entegra has gone from a family owned, customer centric business to a publicly traded corporation. Regardless of the promises, there are now shareholders to be satisfied and profit expectations to hit. In that way Entegra has joined the ranks of many other manufacturers. The true test will be if they can continue to satisfy the vast majority of their customers. Change is hard. There will be bumps. We are all hoping that they will be able to successfully find that happy median that accommodates happy customers and happy shareholders. Many companies have done that. It's early yet in buyout terms - let's not start engraving tombstones until we're a little further down the road. All JMHO.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 09:50 AM   #6

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlovitt View Post
Not to bash Entegra but, we've voted.
Not to bash Newmar, but so did we.
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Victory Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 09:55 AM   #7

We voted also- just picked up a 18 Aspire. So far Entegra has been great to deal with. We have a few items that needed attention and it is being taken care of. Got a nice welcome call from Joyce. So far it has been a great experience with a great coach.
Klucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 10:12 AM   #8

Entegra Image

Reminder: you DO get what you pay for....
There is no FREE lunch or FREE catered meals or FREE warranties. Such favors are great for customer moral, but never free. Such perks may make for positive brand differentiation, but it ALL goes to the total cost bottom line!
Also, "customer-provided labor" for replacing parts sent out by the builder are a boost to the profit, or at least lessens the warranty cost to the builder, especially for chronic issues.
Just remember that the price you paid added funds to the perk pool!
In my last J.O.B. all of the awards, bonuses, parties, service anniversary gifts, and "customer perks" were "in the corporate soup". I know because I counted the beans.
Just the facts, and my view from the saddle. No offense intended.
I voted: 9 year old Monaco
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 12:10 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
In keeping with the title of this thread, I think the image is further damaged by the introduction of the "Entegra" class C
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 01:04 PM   #10
D333RLT Tower

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Blue View Post
Not to bash Newmar, but so did we.
Sure hope your experience is much, much better than our's.
Old 11-10-2017, 01:24 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Reminder: you DO get what you pay for....
There is no FREE lunch or FREE catered meals or FREE warranties. Such favors are great for customer moral, but never free. Such perks may make for positive brand differentiation, but it ALL goes to the total cost bottom line!
Also, "customer-provided labor" for replacing parts sent out by the builder are a boost to the profit, or at least lessens the warranty cost to the builder, especially for chronic issues.
Just remember that the price you paid added funds to the perk pool!
In my last J.O.B. all of the awards, bonuses, parties, service anniversary gifts, and "customer perks" were "in the corporate soup". I know because I counted the beans.
Just the facts, and my view from the saddle. No offense intended.
I voted: 9 year old Monaco
Dave - you're my hero.

Input costs, margin and contingencies = the cost on the finished product.

If the sum of the first three continually exceed the cost the company will go out of business Makes not a whit of difference whether the company is family or corporately owned.
Old 11-10-2017, 01:32 PM   #12

Foretravel Owners Club
No dawg in this bone fight.....just watching.....
And now even Foretravel is entering the foray of mfg a class "B"... wonder if a "C" will be next to further dilute the brand and it's quality builds..
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 01:38 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Dave&Ginny,
well said and I was about to follow you from the Redwood to Entegra since we live close to NIRV and even got night time calls from Brett when he came across a block purchase with a few coaches that fit our wants... great price, but timing wasn't there and then we heard about the conglomeration and decided the Monaco we had served our purposes well for now.... will be interesting for sure.
Old 11-10-2017, 02:23 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoyToo View Post
Dave&Ginny,
well said and I was about to follow you from the Redwood to Entegra since we live close to NIRV and even got night time calls from Brett when he came across a block purchase with a few coaches that fit our wants... great price, but timing wasn't there and then we heard about the conglomeration and decided the Monaco we had served our purposes well for now.... will be interesting for sure.

Thanks JohnBoy,

as long as NIRV is helping the owners as they are, there's hope. But if this litigation turns out that they aren't there anymore, I'll have to turn my eyes to a new direction. No other dealer has the attitude of helping the owners as NIRV does.

I knew when I bought mine in Ohio that I was closer to the factory so I would always have the option of going there for service. But I'm fearful, the next step will be, less service at the factory. They already have changed to no parts being mailed to the owners.
dave&ginny is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
entegra