Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-06-2017, 10:29 PM   #1

Entegra issues

Ran batteries low and now I have a light switch panel out and my night shades don't work. Not sure if that's the only problem but that's a start. All started with my generator flipping the switch after my batteries ran low and now I have the other issues. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
sirrom26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-07-2017, 04:23 AM   #2

Put your MH information into your signature

Put your MH information into your signature
Take a couple of minutes to fill out your signature with information about your motorhome (MH) so we can better offer advice. This will really help in all future posts too.
You do this by:
1) Going to the top of this page and click the top left tab named “User CP”
2) Look at the menu on the left and scroll down to “Settings & Options” and click “Edit Signature”
3) In that text box type all the information about your MH. Year, model, length, mileage, any aftermarket extras installed and so on.

Well let's start here:
• How did you "run batteries low"
• When was the last time you maintained your batteries
• How old are your batteries
• Have you tested your batteries for voltage
• Have done a hydrometer test on your batteries
marjoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 04:48 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
What year and model of Entegra? Do you have Vega Touch or wall panels? Have you tested the batteries with a volt meter after charging to see if they are still good?

There are three different styles and models of batteries used on Entegra coaches depending on the model and year.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 07:08 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
OP your info says you have a Fleetwood so I assume you traded up. Please change that. Also best to put coach info in your post. Note that those of us using the iRV2 app on mobile devices don't see signatures.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 08:54 AM   #5

Thanks for the tips. I'm still trying to figure out this site and the Entegra. We upgraded to a 2014 Entegra Anthem 42RBQ a month ago. Quite different from our 04 Fleetwood Providence.
We are dry camping this week and I left it overnight with no power and ran my batteries to low. When I came back the next morning to fire up the generator I ended up with a fault on my 2nd inverter saying low batteries and had to flip the breaker on the generator to reset the inverter so it would charge the batteries. The other inverter still said it was inverting power. I have 8 house batteries so I assume 4 of them are on one inverter and the other 4 are on the other inverter. Everything seemed to be fine until we got back to the coach last night and noticed our Light switch panel in the Master Bedroom was not lit. We were able to control the lights from another panel so the lights are good but the panel is dark. That was issue number 1.
Issue 2 was when I went to lower the night shades up front. The panel is lit but the switches are now powering the shades. I have to assume it must be related to the inverter/generator issue but I'm not sure how reset it.
I plan to dig into the manuals later today but was hoping maybe it was a quick fix. I didn't have all this fancy electronic stuff with my older coach so its throwing me off a bit. Great coach but I obviously have a lot to learn.
Old 09-07-2017, 09:22 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
If the batteries are fully charged, that can be verified with your inverter panels showing "float or full charge". Turn off the 12v power switch at the entry steps or drivers side switch console for a minute to reboot the system and see if that fixes the problem.

When the batteries go dead sometime all of the electrical system (too many) don't all turn back on and need some help.
Old 09-07-2017, 11:45 PM   #7

Thank you. Disconnecting the main power for a minute fixed the issue.

Still learning!
Old 09-08-2017, 05:20 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Another thing on the 2014 (why stating the year is important) is the computer program on the Command 30, the auto gen start, is bad and needs to be reprogrammed. It does not work 1/2 the time to start the generator when needed. The only place that can program it is Grover Simpson, at Cummins in Elkhart IN. 574-262-4611

When I discovered my AGS was not working, I also discovered my batteries were bad. They would be dead in 2 hours after charging and were to low for the generator to start on auto gen start. The new program fixes low battery stating, but it does not fix bad batteries.
Old 09-09-2017, 07:23 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Question...at what voltage does the magnum inverter give you a low battery message? Does it depend on the Low Battery Cutout setting?
Fattman-Litlboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 12:11 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fattman-Litlboy View Post
Question...at what voltage does the magnum inverter give you a low battery message? Does it depend on the Low Battery Cutout setting?
Jim,

Yes it does.

Low Battery - The inverter turned off to prevent the batteries from being over-discharged. “Low Battery” displays, and the FAULT (red) LED illuminates when the battery voltage drops below the SETUP menu's 02 LowBattCutOut (LBCO) setting for more than one minute. The inverter will automatically restart and resume operation when the battery voltage rises to ≥12.5 VDC (12-volt models)

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 03:32 PM   #11
D333RLT Tower

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
The only place that can program it is Grover Simpson, at Cummins in Elkhart IN. 574-262-4611

Another example of terrible customer service. I have to drive 1500 miles to get my auto gen start programmed correctly? That's a lot of expense. Why can't my local Cummins/Onan shop do it? (Rhetorical question)
Old 09-10-2017, 04:58 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlovitt View Post
The only place that can program it is Grover Simpson, at Cummins in Elkhart IN. 574-262-4611

Another example of terrible customer service. I have to drive 1500 miles to get my auto gen start programmed correctly? That's a lot of expense. Why can't my local Cummins/Onan shop do it? (Rhetorical question)

Remove the screws, put it in bubble wrap and mail it to them. You will have it back in short order.

Tags
entegra