Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-13-2017, 05:24 AM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
I think DSL417 hit the nail on the head. If the first buyer paid a $100,000 more at time of purchase, the NADA book is going to reflect that. The second buyer is going to pay it again less the % of depreciation.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-13-2017, 06:41 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowejug View Post
Just out of curiosity what make a newmar worth so much more money than a entegra?

I recently observed

- 2015 cornerstone that the seller put a value @ $349,000

-2015 newmar essex- seller put a value on it @ $433.000

thats 80 grand difference? I will also point out both coaches sold fairly quickly.

whats the newmar magic?
1- Comfort Drive, I have it and so will all Entegra's in the future. It's just that nice!!
2- Steerable tag, it is on a 2015 Essex, Cornerstone copied on the 2017 Cornerstone only, I have a steerable tag on my Dutchy. It's Fantastic
3- 3" thick sub-basement floor. Great insulator for road noise or extreme weather.
4- An real door in the rear bath for emergency escape. Beats the heck out of that window.
5- No carpet on the slide floor.
6- STAR foundation, my floor rails never touch the truck rails, separates the home from the truck. Offers support on the edges, no sagging in the future.
7- After hours customer service, I have a Newmar service person to call 24/7
8- Service at the factory any time, factory pick up, customization, and I was able to choose my own options.
9- Silverleaf electronics.
10- No cheap trailer vents in my ceiling. My A/C blows into the home with slide closed, not on the roof of the slide rooms.

I hope that answers a few of your questions.....
joe4rvfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 06:45 AM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
It's about value. I really like Newmar's. I think they are made well and have nice features. I just think that a $30k to $150k price differential is not justified and will buy a lot of diesel or even a RV lot.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 07:04 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowejug View Post
Just out of curiosity what make a newmar worth so much more money than a entegra?

I recently observed

- 2015 cornerstone that the seller put a value @ $349,000

-2015 newmar essex- seller put a value on it @ $433.000

thats 80 grand difference? I will also point out both coaches sold fairly quickly.

whats the newmar magic?
A great head to head comparison: 2015 Newmar London Aire 4553 Class A Diesel Grand Rapids, MI Midway RV
Old 02-13-2017, 08:13 AM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy10 View Post
I have owned two Entegras a 13 Aspire DEQ and a 16 Anthem 44B. Can't beat them. I toured the Newmar plant about 18 months ago and it is my opinion that the Entegra is as well made if not better. The big difference is in the customization process that Newmar does. I wouldn't trade the 2 year warranty for that.

No one mentioned that with Newmar BOTH THE KING AIRE AND ESSEX HAVE 2 YEAR WARRANTY...like the Entegra....Chuck
chuckster52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 06:48 PM   #20

Comparing as well

We are deep into our decision making on our first DP as we're moving from a 5th wheel. Newmar and Entegra are our two finalists and the models are Cornerstone or Mountain/London Aire. Comparing line by line I've found the London Aire to be the best comparable and even thou Cornerstone has limited option, if you spec the London and Cornerstone equally the price is very similar. I've seen London Aire MSRP from $650-$675k and Cornerstones are $675k MSRP. Now I know your not paying that $$$ figure when your done, but I see them as a direct competitor to each other. Going up or down from the London Aire it's not comparing apples to apples. Just my $.02 from a guy knee deep in his decision making process.
Hmf23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 07:06 PM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmf23 View Post
We are deep into our decision making on our first DP as we're moving from a 5th wheel. Newmar and Entegra are our two finalists and the models are Cornerstone or Mountain/London Aire. Comparing line by line I've found the London Aire to be the best comparable and even thou Cornerstone has limited option, if you spec the London and Cornerstone equally the price is very similar. I've seen London Aire MSRP from $650-$675k and Cornerstones are $675k MSRP. Now I know your not paying that $$$ figure when your done, but I see them as a direct competitor to each other. Going up or down from the London Aire it's not comparing apples to apples. Just my $.02 from a guy knee deep in his decision making process.
Your assessment is correct. JMHO

Now comes the tough choices
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 07:09 PM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Get the one that has the floor plan that best fits your needs. Either will be a good coach.
Old 02-13-2017, 07:44 PM   #23

I do see that often the discount from MSRP is far greater for an Entegra. The pricing policies of the two manufacturers are different. Still, get the floor plan you like.
Old 02-13-2017, 09:17 PM   #24

What is the discounting/pricing policies of each?
Canuck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 10:05 PM   #25

Yesterday a salesman from a dealer in Junction City Oregon called me. They sell Winnebago and Newmar products. I really like the Grand Tour floorplan but the salesman agreed that it could not compete with Newmar or Entegra in other areas. When he mentioned the Dutch Star MSRP, our conversation went like this:
Me: Does your dealership subtract a certain percentage off MSRP as a general rule of thumb for starting price negotiations?
Sales: Oh, you are just a "price buyer"
Me: Different manufacturers have different policies on pricing as well as dealers. I am trying to understand your policy on Dutch Star.
Sales: If you are just a price buyer, then you should buy Entegra.
Me: (super annoyed) Ok
Sales: (click)
Needless to say I would never buy a coach from this outfit, regardless of price, but I think my point is that the price you end up paying is very dealer specific. Those that have purchased several RVs will have a better perspective.
GeezerViz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 01:55 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAscubaDude View Post
Yesterday a salesman from a dealer in Junction City Oregon called me. They sell Winnebago and Newmar products. I really like the Grand Tour floorplan but the salesman agreed that it could not compete with Newmar or Entegra in other areas. When he mentioned the Dutch Star MSRP, our conversation went like this:
Me: Does your dealership subtract a certain percentage off MSRP as a general rule of thumb for starting price negotiations?
Me: Different manufacturers have different policies on pricing as well as dealers. I am trying to understand your policy on Dutch Star.
Needless to say I would never buy a coach from this outfit, regardless of price, but I think my point is that the price you end up paying is very dealer specific. Those that have purchased several RVs will have a better perspective.
Agree with you. Everyone's a price buyer! Time to continue shopping. I also discovered Entegra has a higher markup from invoice to MSRP, how much more? Thats what we'd all like to know. I heard from one sales guy 10%, sounds too high to me.
Floor plan must always work for you two, but the comfort drive, rear door, insulated basement floor, cathedral ceiling, and no carpet on slide room floor plus the star chassis have to cost Newmar more $$.
Throw in a steel plate protecting the fuel line behind the front tires and you have a safety winner hands down.
Old 02-14-2017, 05:16 AM   #27

Entegra Owners Club
WAscubaDude I had the same conversation with our local Newmar Dealer back in 2003. I retired at 53 and this "older" salesman was still working. From that dealers rude treatment we bought a Travel Supreme (paid cash) and have never looked back. We have had 14 good travel years of owning DP's and I have no regrets not owning another brand. They are good MH's but it looks like some of their dealers attitudes turn people off from them....it did me. Just my experience.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 05:49 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAscubaDude View Post
I also at one time looked at a grand tour... there one floor plan that separates the back bedroom is pretty nice. the kitchen is bigger than any other set up I have seen. massage seats, sunroof. has a outdoor kitchen set up thats really cool.
a nicely done fancy decor ... but- looking at the overall build quality at the end of the day was know where close to a entegra... all you had to do is tap on the sides and close the doors. imo kinda like the tuscany model... they have a wow factor up front but at the end of the day thats it... for the long haul they wouldn't last...
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newmar, entegra