Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-17-2017, 11:38 AM   #57

I was responding to the person that was wondering about insulation values. The white foam was just in case someone saw white insulation they would not assume it was some how better. I also have been to the factory and I did not see any 8 inch thick floors to get the R33 in the floors.

Hope these links work.

https://youtu.be/FIv-3-vkXJc

https://youtu.be/Scnpzx4z4hI
Canuck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-17-2017, 11:55 AM   #58
srh

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by spuds View Post
Per Newmar's website, Essex is 13'4" and has the same 600 HP ISX as the KA (as does the London Aire as well).

Per Spartan's website, all three are on a version of the K3-600 chassis with the same engine, transmission, axles, etc., although there are some differences like front shocks, alternators. All three also have passive steer tag.

Previous years had the KA on the K3GT and Essex on a K2 but the differences are fewer in 2017.

Michelle
Thanks for the clarification! It has been a while since I owned my Essex and things have changed! My apologies!
Old 02-17-2017, 12:03 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by srh View Post
Let us be fair, the difference between KA and Essex is not just the 200 gallon fuel tank, rather the King Aire is built, among other things, on a totally different chassis, engine, etc.. For example, the overall height of the KA at 13' 4" is 6 inches taller than the Essex's 12' 10" not to mention the steer tag!
newmar website states both london and essex are 13.4 tall - ( for the record)

both also have 600 hp motors ( says its a option but I never seen one without a 600)

same as king aire -

king aire does have a k3 spartan chassis but thats standard on cornerstone at half the money of a king aire..

king aire has 2 inverters but so does cornerstone ..

rear passive steer also standard on new cornerstone etc,, etc,,

msrp 2017- king aire ( nirvc on there lot for $950,000

msrp 2017 cornerstone $605,000

yes thats 350,000 dollars difference

again -- my post was just to get feed back of what makes a newmar worth more money than a entegra.. I am not by any means discounting Newmar and there coaches in any way.. I think there beautiful
I just question there value for what your getting versus entegra,,, thats it... thanks
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 12:40 PM   #60
srh

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowejug View Post

both also have 600 hp motors ( says its a option but I never seen one without a 600)

same as king aire -

king aire does have a k3 spartan chassis but thats standard on cornerstone at half the money of a king aire..

again -- my post was just to get feed back of what makes a newmar worth more money than a entegra.. I am not by any means discounting Newmar and there coaches in any way.. I think there beautiful
I just question there value for what your getting versus entegra,,, thats it... thanks
Good points!
Since I have not owned an Entegra I couldn't comment for sure why the differences. Of course one can use the same arguments comparing an Entegra CS, Newmar KA with a Newell. One thing I did discover, to my pleasant surprise, was you have a 24/7 Newell helpline available regardless of the age of the coach. I found that not only impressive but very valuable.
Old 02-17-2017, 02:34 PM   #61

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by srh View Post
One thing I did discover, to my pleasant surprise, was you have a 24/7 Newell helpline available regardless of the age of the coach. I found that not only impressive but very valuable.
Entegra has a 24/7 helpline also. It is available to all their owners, from the cheapest coach to the Cornerstone. I have not seen any limits on coach age and I doubt that there are any.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 03:01 PM   #62

Having just gone through the buying process the Entegra CS is aligned with the Newmar London Aire. The fixtures, furniture, flooring, plumbing and many more items on the Essex and King Aire all add to the final cost of those models.

Prior to 2017 a London Aire with options that put it pretty close to the same level that are 'included' with the CS and putting the LA on a Spartan chassis, the LA was more expensive. In 2017 Newmar did away with the add option charge of for a Spartan chassis and the pricing is pretty much dead even.

So comparing a couple of years old Cornerstone to an Essex is not the best comparison. Comparing to a London Aire would be more accurate.

We went with Newmar, Dutch Star 4369 on a Spartan K2, which is comparable to the Anthem. Lots of custom upgrades, steerable tag, all axles are disc brakes and comfort drive added up to a coach that we like and ended up at less cost than an Anthem.

All of this really boils down to the question of the whether the you like the floor plan of the coach you are looking at. And whether you want to have the option of lots of choices both in the base coach as well as flooring, fabrics etc. Kind of like the difference between McDonalds (have it our way) or Burger King (have it your way). Both Newmar and Entegra make a great product.
ghaynes754 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 03:42 PM   #63

Entegra Owners Club
Well stated Gary. I looked at both Newmar and Entegra and chose the floor plan I liked best. I am sure I would have been happy with either one.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 05:10 PM   #64

Quote:

same as king aire -

I don't think you'll find a 2017 Cornerstone with an msrp of $605,000. Closer to $675,000.
Misty123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 11:33 AM   #65

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:

same as king aire -

Not a very fair comparison. That's like comparing an entery level Chev Duramax to a F-350 6.7 Ford King Ranch and saying that the Duramax is 20k cheaper. Well it may preform as good as the Ford will, it sure won't be a s nice or as comfortable.
Traps90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 12:11 PM   #66

Love the discussion but I don't see why Newmar coaches are more expensive than a comparable Entegra. There are pros/cons to both but I really don't see the value to support the higher price Newmar.
Since I'll be barely able to afford the Entegra Aspire, looks like a Dutch Star is not in my future (or an Anthem).
GeezerViz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 12:45 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAscubaDude View Post
Love the discussion but I don't see why Newmar coaches are more expensive than a comparable Entegra. There are pros/cons to both but I really don't see the value to support the higher price Newmar.
Since I'll be barely able to afford the Entegra Aspire, looks like a Dutch Star is not in my future (or an Anthem).
From a beancounter's perspective, it could have something to do with the customization. Generally, when there is total standardization in the manufacturing process there are substantial savings in the costs. Think Henry Ford's assembly line versus Rolls Royce's hand made cars. Not a totally accurate comparison but you get the point. At Entegra there is very little variation within the four models. At Newmar there can be major variations within each model. Within the Aspire there may be four or five different floor plan variations. Within the Dutch Star there are multiple variations of floor plans with extensive customization of each of those floor plans. That customization takes time from the build process. Of course time is money so that may be at least part of the difference.

Ed
Old 02-18-2017, 12:54 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misty123 View Post
I don't think you'll find a 2017 Cornerstone with an msrp of $605,000. Closer to $675,000.
And I'm not sure why we are discussing MSRP. Let's talk about what people are actually paying, to me a more reasonable measure of the cost of a coach.

Recent price (last month or so) at two major dealerships for a 2017 CS is $460,000 (that's a real negotiated price). I see London Aire's retailing for 645,000, but that's not a real negotiated price. I'm guessing the real negotiated price would be in the $490K to $500K range. Does anybody here actually know?

That would be a better comparison.
RubiconTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 02:10 PM   #69

WAscubaDude, nothing wrong with the Entegra Aspire... Purchased a 2013 DEQ(new) and LOVE the coach!! There will always be, in the eye of the beholder, nicer or more expensive...anything... Newmar, Tiffin, AC, Newell, Prevost......the answer, be CONTENT.... Enjoy whatever you purchase... Remember, life is short, enjoy it while you have your health.. Just sayin
ddgilmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 03:08 PM   #70

Rubicon trail,

I'm currently looking at both Newmar and Enterga. Here's what I've been quoted by larger well known dealer that Carey's both brands.
Mountain Aire MSRP $591k initial asking $428k
London Aire MSRP $652k initial asking $461k
Cornerstone MSRP $675k initial asking $469k

The London and Cornestone are basically equipped the same only difference is London did not have Adaptive Cruise so add that in and basic same price equipped the same basically. CS two inverters LA one.

Now what the final purchase price of either coach would be is yet to be determined as we are still a few months out from actual purchase.
Hmf23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newmar, entegra