RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-11-2020, 07:02 AM   #15

Eugene

Sorry but I have not picked up my 24B yet. As I am a first time RV owner I have spent a lot of time online looking up everything from driving an RV, regular maintenance, and troubleshooting different onboard systems. If you are a first timer as well there is lots to learn and the information is easily accessible on line.

Good Luck Rob
Rmdrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-29-2020, 08:42 PM   #16

we bought a a new 24 B, only took one trip but love it. only problem is the nav doesn't work.
Check the floors though, we passed on one that we thought had yellowish stains on them that the dealer could not get up.
Found another without the stains but now after a couple of months it looks like the yellowish color is bleeding up through the floor. try to find other Integra and jayco owners to see if this is happening more often.
jim7489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 11:03 AM   #17

Jim
I am in the northeast and everything is in lock down so I am currently waiting to pick up my 24B. When I do get my RV I will absolutely be on the lookout for your problem. Could you post a picture of the stain and clarify where the stain is. My thought is where the stain is may help identify what the cause of the stain is. This is a key to figuring out the problem. If the stain starts at a wall or cabinet figure out what is back there, plumbing or a window above. Just thinking out loud could it be a cleaner used on the floor? Even if you get the floor replaced until you know the cause of the stain the stain will just come back. Maybe we can figure it out. BTW is the dealer going to warranty the floor?

Good luck Rob
Old 05-01-2020, 07:57 AM   #18

Its coming from under the floor, bleeding thru. Could start anywhere.
I would guess it has something to do with the glue or whatever they use.
Old 07-02-2020, 05:37 PM   #19

Entegra Odyssey 24B

I've just joined. I bought my Entegra Odyssey 24B in May 2019. I just moved into it Full Time about 3 months ago. I absolutely love this floorplan.

I haven't had any issues with the color bleeding on the floor. Some minor cosmetic things. I have had a few major issues:
1) I did have a major issue with the hydraulic leveling jacks where the hydraulic hose got a hole in it and the fluid all leaked out. I was lucky to get the levelers retracted for the balance of my trip. The big rub was that it took the dealership 7 months to get the part needed to fix it (the hydraulic hose). They blamed the factory but the dealership was not at all responsive and didn't fix 3/4 of what was on my 'warranty' punchlist.

2) I'm now experiencing issues with the Fridge and am trying to troubleshoot. Works fine for a month then stops cooling.

3) Slideout: This is a big slide, so I'm not surprised at having an issue, but I've only had the RV one year. It seems that one side is 'hung up' when I try to extend it. Retracts just fine. This will require the dealership to fix it I'm sure.

I fully expected issues with an RV, just not these major ones so soon. And although I have a warranty covering them, getting the work done is very difficult now that I'm living in it.

Still, none of this has diminished my love of this RV. Great power, comfortable to drive, great size, etc.

I think each person gets a different set of issues with their respective RV, so I wouldn't let what I'm saying deter you from buying this rig.
McTumbleweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 08:32 PM   #20

Don't know if your still looking but we bought the Odyssey and love it. Just the right size to drive and handle with a bunch of storage space inside and out.
Took it on a few trips. Only thing I miss from the Class A's is the living room chair or couch. But we knew that going in.
The bed is tough to make, my wife said all they had to do is take an inch or two off the closet.
Let me know if you need anything else.
Jim
Old 07-03-2020, 06:25 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim7489 View Post
Don't know if your still looking but we bought the Odyssey and love it. Just the right size to drive and handle with a bunch of storage space inside and out.
Took it on a few trips. Only thing I miss from the Class A's is the living room chair or couch. But we knew that going in.
The bed is tough to make, my wife said all they had to do is take an inch or two off the closet.
Let me know if you need anything else.
Jim
I finally took ownership of my 24 B and have had one checkout trip, these are my impressions. The layout is well thought out and works, no surprise there as We checked out the RV before purchase. The swivel captains chairs are hard to swivel around but I am hoping I will get the hang of it, they are also not as comfortable as I hoped but they are functional. From what I am told the storage is above average and the 3k ccc is great for a class C (I don t have the auto levelers as this would have taken away 4 hundred plus ccc so I declined) There is more than enough room for 3 people and all the gear they need. Fit and finish is good. My only complaints were a couple of pieces of moulding that did not fit and popped off. They were easy enough to staple and glue back on so no big deal. The A/C works well. I was camped in a sunny spot and the temps were in the 90s and the A/C was not maxed out. Not sure how that would workout in south or southwest but still a good start.
There are two things I would call a disappointment. One minor, one major. The minor, the outside TV is not hooked up to the DVD entertainment system. I can play music thru the outdoor speaker system but I can t play a DVD outside, the DVD only works on the inside TV. My major complaint. The vehicle is horrible handeling on the highway. I assumed it was just how a truck handles but I let my friend who has had multiple class C s test drive the RV and he thought it was horrible. Around town fine it drives fine over 50, not so good. So I am doing the necessary upgrades now, better stabilizer and heavy duty sway bars. Hopefully I will not need to upgrade the suspension as I am told that it a big ticket.

Last something that caught my eye when I was reading the warranty information was the RV Is not warrantied for full time use. I did not pay much attention to that clause as I am only using the RV for vacations. I also did a lot of research as I am a first time owner and if I had a nickel for every time I read a person complaining that their warranty issues were not timely addressed or just outright ignored you know the rest. My salesman was even upfront with me and said just fix minor issues on your own if you are able, it will save you a lot of grief and aggravation.

Mc Tumbelweed I would like to know how your slide and fridge issues play out.

Good luck Rob
Old 07-04-2020, 02:28 PM   #22

Entegra 24B

We love the floor plan. We were dead set against the jacks but LaMesa in Florida only had units with jacks. In the end they were only about 1k extra and now I feel well worth it.
The handling I improved a 100% by adding a Super Steer track bar. It even works well towing a 4700lb jeep.
Same problems with some moldings. Slide works well, did have issue with water pump not pumping after we got home from Florida but found it was a plugged filter on the pump.
So about 2k miles on it traveling and not so bad. I'm sure other issues will come up but they do on all of them.
jim

Tags
entegra