Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-30-2013, 07:43 PM   #15

At 56 I'm ready to sell out and hit the road. Not sell the s&b but stay in the Aspire in the mountains from May to Oct. The DW just does not realize how short life is. I lost my dad a year ago August to ALS and one of my best friends (he played guard and I played center from seventh grade through 12th) to brain cancer a month later. These events made me realize how short life is. The wife thinks we have plenty of time and not enough money. I have great respect to those the hit the road with their best friend and enjoy a lifestyle most can only dream of.

JJ
ShadowBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-30-2013, 08:15 PM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
I am sorry for your losses....life events shape the paths we take in the future, as they significantly drove ours. A shared decision is always more difficult, but I'm sure both you and your DW will choose the path that fits where you need to be. It is a big decision; you likely saw the story about our Bucket List in the Entegra newsletter. Taking this path has not been without family challenges, but a conviction that there are so many things to experience and people to meet, that we know the path we are on fits for us. Good luck as you look to eventually move on your path as well.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 08:15 PM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
At 56 I'm ready to sell out and hit the road. Not sell the s&b but stay in the Aspire in the mountains from May to Oct. The DW just does not realize how short life is. I lost my dad a year ago August to ALS and one of my best friends (he played guard and I played center from seventh grade through 12th) to brain cancer a month later. These events made me realize how short life is. The wife thinks we have plenty of time and not enough money. I have great respect to those the hit the road with their best friend and enjoy a lifestyle most can only dream of.

JJ
We sold out a 53 and don't regret it a bit. We started traveling 2 months at a time. As time went on, we sold the boats and now travel from June or July until Nov. You are correct, time is too short. I lost my Dad his second year into full timing at 63. I realized then how short time can be.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 09:41 PM   #18

An inspiring post. We picked up our Anthem in late November. It's now in storage and never been slept in yet. The wife retired in early December and I am done at the end of the week. I'll be 65, shouldn't have waited so long but oh well the money was too good. We've talked and talked of full timing but it seems there is so much yet to be done. Getting rid of a life time of possessions and selling a house we've owned for thirty years it seems almost like an insurmountable hurdle. We're hoping by the end next summer with some luck to have everything right. Looking forward to 2014 being a year of transition for us.

Have a happy new year everyone.
DoggieDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 02:01 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
I apologize to all..seems I might have been taken as saying leave it all behind and hit the road...not at all. I think 25 years of nomadic life in the Air Force led us to a little less of a S&B perspective, but probably the biggest reason...DW and I couldn't agree (one of the few things and times) on where we wanted to retire. Not green enough, not warm enough, not cool enough, earthquakes and hurricanes ... in the end, we purchase our non-recoverable, poor investment condominium on wheels so we can move around and each have a little of the other's likes and dislikes. Guess I'm just a middle of the road problem solver...I do sometimes miss the pace, challenges, of working with people. Of course now I can be contrary any time I want (just have to make sure nobody keys the side of my coach)
Dave,

Some of your reasons for buying this depreciating asset on wheels is exactly the same situation as my DW & me. My wife retired in 2011 and I just turned 55 and will retire in 2015 with full benefits. We already sold our home in Tucson and our children are in different parts of the country.

We have pondered where to retire, but know that using the MH to actually see some of our possible locations to retire give us the opportunity many don't get, along with the fact to volunteer in some charitable organizations we've wanted to do for awhile.

Glad your first year has been prosperous and hope to see you on the road in less than years.
Jake62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 03:09 PM   #20

[QUOTE=DSL417;1860589]Right about now one year ago we completed our delivery checklist in Orlando and began our adventure. The biggest challenge was then getting the entertainment center hooked up.

Dave, to think it was a year ago when I was following your adventures, broken down in a rest area and your questioning "what did I get myself into" ? Then training at Spartan and the "do I really need to do that and big Mike saying Yeah you do! "

I will never grow tired of your adventures! Enjoy your company when I see you on the road! In all my years I never heard anyone say they wished they never retired. May your second year be bigger, further, and better!