Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-24-2018, 03:27 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Entegra owners University

picking up my new Anthem this wednesday and i asked some questions
about Sat Tv, Draining Tanks and using Dishwasher and was told I should go to Entegra Owners University what is that and where,
surprised that maybe Dennis Dillion RV won't know this simple stuff
i've been Rving for 15 years but all this is new on this coach so i want to take a shake down trip ASAP
any help or suggestions appreicated
N6CUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-24-2018, 03:32 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by N6CUS View Post
picking up my new Anthem this wednesday and i asked some questions
about Sat Tv, Draining Tanks and using Dishwasher and was told I should go to Entegra Owners University what is that and where,
surprised that maybe Dennis Dillion RV won't know this simple stuff
i've been Rving for 15 years but all this is new on this coach so i want to take a shake down trip ASAP
any help or suggestions appreicated
Hello Ron, this was your dealer response to your question's about your new Coach you are buying from them??
Old 06-24-2018, 03:38 PM   #3

Wow!!!! Any dealer that sells Entegra coaches should know the answer to basic questions. I am pretty sure that Entegra is paying all of their dealers a specified amount of money to educate and indoctrinate all of their new owners with how to operate their coaches and you should expect that you get a whole, full day of introduction to your coach by the dealer. That is standard. If you dont get that, and get told to attend Entegra U instead X number of months or weeks after your purchase, you need to convey that information to Middlebury. I got a full day of introduction the day that I signed the papers on both the purchase of my 15 Anthem and my 19 Cornerstone.

Of course, we will try to help you on here as much as we can in addition. Now, there are a series of videos on YouTube done by PJ Clanton which you can find and are very informative. I believe there is a special school known as Entegra U that is conducted in Middlebury but have never attended. I am sure that there must be data up on Entegra's web page.... I have never done it, but there are "graduates" of it on here that can fill you in, but your dealer has a responsibility to get you up to the point you can use your basic systems.

For the money you are laying out for that product, you have a reasonable expectation to have all of your questions answered. I would insist on it, and if your salesman acts like he doesnt understand your expectation, I would ask for the sales manager and have a discussion with him/her. No dealer should let you pick up the coach and shake hands and send you on your way.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 04:02 PM   #4

Ron, you should download the Entegra app and get your coach registered. Might as well do the same for Spartan.

Once you’re set up, you should be able to open numerous documents, including videos on how to operate many different components.

If you need anything more specific, or timely, just search here or post a question.

Searching works best when using the green rectangle that says “powered by google” and entering the word ENTEGRA, then a space, then your search keywords.

I will attempt to address one question for you..

Our Entegras are set up to eliminate waste water and sewage in one of two ways. Your coach is equipped with a Macerator that has a hose you can extend from a small compartment just to the rear of the wet bay door. If you look at the bottom of this small compartment you should find a deck plate. Remove the deck plate and feed the entire hose outside and onto the ground. Affix the end to your sewer receptacle and that part is done. Securely close the small door, and beware that this door has a habit of being destroyed if left open. Some owners use a small bungee cord to ensure it doesn’t interfere with the wet bay door.

Inside the wet bay is a removable panel that permits access to the macerator, and the knife valves that control the output from macerator. I say valves plural, because there is a knife valve that is associated with the macerator pump, and one associated with the 3” bypass gravity drain.

The 3” bypass exits below the deck and has a cap in place.

If you’re using the macerator, that Valve must be open and the 3” valve closed. If using the 3” drain, open the 3” knife valve and close the smaller 2” macerator valve.

If using the macerator, I simply leave the 3” valve closed, and the 2” valve open. When I desire to pump out the tanks, I connect to the sewer, and open either the WASTE WATER or SEWAGE valve (located on wet bay panel) and turn on macerator pump switch.

If using the black tank flush, be advised the manufacturer instructs the flush to only be used with the black tank valve open to avoid and overflow. Getting this part wrong can lead to a serious problem.

I hope this helps to get you aimed in the right direction.

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 04:12 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Angie Morrell from National Indoor RV Centers has made a number of very informative videos on various coaches. The one I reviewed was:

You can probably find one for your coach.
dcphil_98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 04:14 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Opps----looks like the video has been taken down. Anybody know what happened to the NIRVC videos?
dcphil_98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 04:39 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
It's working directly on YouTube, I watched it yesterday but it won't link here

Search "Entegra Cornerstone 2018" on Youtube.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 04:44 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcphil_98 View Post
Opps----looks like the video has been taken down. Anybody know what happened to the NIRVC videos?
Mouse click on the blue/green menu bar or copy/paste the link and view the video on YouTube.

The "Tuesday with PJ" series is good, too:

That links to Part 1. There are, if I recall correctly, 9 videos. Although there may be some differences for the newer models, much of the info still applies.

Take care,
Stu
Old 06-24-2018, 06:11 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
I did watch and learned a lot from Angie at In door RV storage

There is a video on line about my coach that i learned a lot from this video about my 2018 44F after watching it several times

so impressed what she had to say and what i learned but i still have some questions I told my salesman to make sure someone was there to answer my all questions

I want to Thank everyone for the help and im so happy to now be a member
of the Entegra group i've wanted a Entegra Anthem for so long and wednesday
it all is going to happen

Hello All
N6CUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 07:13 AM   #10

Oh Ron, CONGRATULATIONS on the purchase of your new Anthem..... Excellent. It is an excellent coach.... complex systems and the "normal" problems the first X number of months.... but an excellent company with a strong warranty that stands behind their product, so you will have bumps but you will make it fine. Let us help when we can.

And dont be afraid to ask the dealer whatever is on your mind. I bought my first coach from a high volume dealer and gave them essentially a first shot at selling me a 2018 Anthem, but the salesman basically told us a bunch of stuff that was wrong, and did not know as much about the coach as I did and was unaware of things on the coach that I knew were on it..... so the process is not foolproof. Instead, I went where I should have started in the first place, NIRVC, and found people who knew a lot, and spent 5 or 6 hours telling me about the new features of my coach and how to work them, and they still did not have all the answers but tried their best. You dealer leaves a lot to be desired in my opinion and I would not let them off the hook.

And again, congratulations!!

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
entegra