Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-02-2014, 07:41 PM   #1

Entegra owners what do you think

I have been working on getting my new coach up to speed with mods of late. I have always thought Entegra needed to have Day Running Lights (DRL) similar to those found on higher end auto's. Example Audi, Mercedes, the new GMC etc... You can also find DRL's on the Winnebago Tour etc...

I am only tinkering with the idea but I have found the source for LED DRL's that are used on some coach's. I now have in my possession a set and I was coming up with some ideas. They are metal 1 inch LED bullet lights. They would mount in the openings of my, I call it the hockey stick, cut out. It would be mirrored finish Stainless. They would replace my current DRL's or I can put them on a separate switch.

I am attaching pictures, this is a crude mark up but it gives me ideas prior to CAD and CNC production. Since I have access to all of the above my cost is my time.

Look at the attached and let me know "what you think" Obviously Cornerstone and Anthem owners have the same front to work with.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1139.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	289.6 KB
ID:	66758   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1140.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	306.1 KB
ID:	66759  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1131.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	305.3 KB
ID:	66760  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-02-2014, 08:14 PM   #2
WDE

These look great. Entegra should hire you as a design consultant tomorrow AM. Love the look and the functionality.
WDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 09:16 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Mike I like the look...I'm wondering if you could curve them like you see on Audi or some others...just a thought. But go for it!
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 09:26 PM   #4

Why not turn your light switch on and be seen from all directions? Many trucking companies have signs on their vehicles stating they run with headlights on for safety.
'13 Ram Laramie 3500, Aisin auto,4:10, Reese adapter and 20K hitch, '10 HitchHiker 36LKRSB
Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 02:42 AM   #5

I like your idea. Mountain Aire uses something like these that you posted. Who sells em?
bullheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 06:45 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Mike,
I like the idea, but not the look. I think the bracket detracts from an otherwise very attractive front. It almost looks like a couple of L brackets holding parts together.

Would it be possible to mount the LEDs without the bracket?
Jersimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 06:45 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullheaded View Post

I like your idea. Mountain Aire uses something like these that you posted. Who sells em?
Bullheaded glad to hear from you again. You can find on Ebay, item number currently is 321411039962 the seller is Led-lights-mall. You should pay no more than 30 to 40 $ for a set of ten. The front of your KA is beautiful but I can visualize a couple of these lights in the front.
Old 07-03-2014, 07:03 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersimon View Post
Mike,
I like the idea, but not the look. I think the bracket detracts from an otherwise very attractive front. It almost looks like a couple of L brackets holding parts together.

Would it be possible to mount the LEDs without the bracket?
I was also thinking on leaving the SS accent off the lights and just going directly into the fiberglass. The LED lights are 3/4 for the hole, and they have a screw on retainer on the back. I will have a rendering on a computer so I can visualize different possibilities.

If I do stay with the SS accent I will have to offset it into the fiberglass to give it the finished factory look. Keep the ideas coming.
Old 07-03-2014, 08:21 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Mike, DW agrees with the comment concerning the bracket not enhancing the look. I guess with cars, the LED chain is covered by a plastic lens over all giving it that finished look. Something to consider, from her perspective.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 08:27 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
My two cents....lights ok, bracket no.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 08:49 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
I think the bracket detracts from the front appearance.
Bill in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 09:07 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty56 View Post
Bullheaded glad to hear from you again. You can find on Ebay, item number currently is 321411039962 the seller is Led-lights-mall. You should pay no more than 30 to 40 $ for a set of ten. The front of your KA is beautiful but I can visualize a couple of these lights in the front.
The KA has a couple places the singles will work on the headlight bezel.

Thanks for the lead!!
bullheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 12:55 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty56 View Post
I was also thinking on leaving the SS accent off the lights and just going directly into the fiberglass.

I personally feel that would be a better enhancement to an already gorgeous coach.
oneal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 01:49 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
Mike, DW agrees with the comment concerning the bracket not enhancing the look. I guess with cars, the LED chain is covered by a plastic lens over all giving it that finished look. Something to consider, from her perspective.
David I am thinking about the finished look myself. It is a question of how much time I want to put into the project. My recent idea is similar to what you are saying. Making a light bezel with a lens, then molding it on the fiberglass so it is flush with the front of the coach. If I do decide to go that way, and I am leaning that way, it will have to be a project down the road a bit. Since travel is top priority and come August we head out for a trip out west. I like all the comments coming in.