RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-21-2020, 07:00 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Entegra Parts

I called Entegra parts this morning to place an order. I was told that I cannot order from Entegra and must go through a dealer. Is that the current policy?
dcphil_98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-21-2020, 08:50 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
First I've heard. I ordered a part about six weeks ago with no problem.
2003 Alegro Bus (sold)
garysfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 09:06 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcphil_98 View Post
I called Entegra parts this morning to place an order. I was told that I cannot order from Entegra and must go through a dealer. Is that the current policy?

I believe whoever you spoke to is wrong. I just ordered Monday.
Are u sure you talked to Entegra Parts Not Jayco?
I would call back and ask for Supervisor.
FLOWERSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 09:10 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLOWERSS View Post
I believe whoever you spoke to is wrong. I just ordered Monday.
Are u sure you talked to Entegra Parts Not Jayco?
I would call back and ask for Supervisor.

And if you canít get to them call Customer Service and ask them whatís going on
FLOWERSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 12:26 AM   #5

I think the last letter we all received from Joyce said that we could order parts directly. I know the policy has changed a couple of times but I think that was the last info. Let us know what you find out after talking to someone else.
GeezerViz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 04:35 AM   #6

Iíve had no issue ordering parts via email from Entegra at parts@entegracoach.com.
Old 10-22-2020, 07:05 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
I don't know if the policy has changed or not, but I have normally received better prices ordering from NIRVC than direct for Entegra.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 08:03 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
I don't know if the policy has changed or not, but I have normally received better prices ordering from NIRVC than direct for Entegra.
Yes, Entegra CS told me exactly that. Dealers have a negotiated discount, and even after the dealer adds their markup the total is still usually less than what Entegra would charge you. And for heavier or bulkier items, the cost of LTL liftgate service to a residence in the suburbs can be extreme.

But it could just as easily be the other way around, especially for small and light items that fit in a shipping envelope and go by regular post, especially if the part is less expensive.
schad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 09:03 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by schad View Post
Yes, Entegra CS told me exactly that. Dealers have a negotiated discount, and even after the dealer adds their markup the total is still usually less than what Entegra would charge you. And for heavier or bulkier items, the cost of LTL liftgate service to a residence in the suburbs can be extreme.

But it could just as easily be the other way around, especially for small and light items that fit in a shipping envelope and go by regular post, especially if the part is less expensive.
In addition, many times I have received better prices from the manufacture direct. Sometimes dealer discounts are better, it pays to call and check.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 09:47 AM   #10

Quote:

I recently had to replace a slide motor. My mobile tech could not order from Entegra because he us not a dealer. I could order it however, but that cut him out of his parts markup, so we negotiated a work around and I ordered the part but had it shipped to him.
Being in Texas this may have been another MHS exclusive deal, who knows.
DavidH2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 07:44 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
I called The Entegra Customer Service number (800-283-8267) this afternoon and followed the prompts to Entegra motorized coaches parts. Sarah asked for the last eight of my VIN which I provided. Unfortunately, by error I had one wrong digit. When Sarah pulled up the VIN that I had provided, she noted that my name didn't match the registered owner. She informed me that they are only allowed to sell parts directly to the registered owner and suggested that I contact a dealer who would be able to order the parts and sell them to me.

At that point, I recognized my error and provided the correct VIN. Sarah looked up the needed parts (marker lights) and then offered that she's often noted that the parts are available on Amazon, frequently at a reduced price. She checked Amazon and confirmed a better price. She offered to email me a link to the Amazon part.

So, although I would have been able to order the parts from Entegra, at Sarah's suggestion, I ordered from Amazon.

Take care,
Stu
Old 10-22-2020, 07:47 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 Driver View Post
I called The Entegra Customer Service number (800-283-8267) this afternoon and followed the prompts to Entegra motorized coaches parts. Sarah asked for the last eight of my VIN which I provided. Unfortunately, by error I had one wrong digit. When Sarah pulled up the VIN that I had provided, she noted that my name didn't match the registered owner. She informed me that they are only allowed to sell parts directly to the registered owner and suggested that I contact a dealer who would be able to order the parts and sell them to me.

At that point, I recognized my error and provided the correct VIN. Sarah looked up the needed parts (marker lights) and then offered that she's often noted that the parts are available on Amazon, frequently at a reduced price. She checked Amazon and confirmed a better price. She offered to email me a link to the Amazon part.

So, although I would have been able to order the parts from Entegra, at Sarah's suggestion, I ordered from Amazon.

Take care,
Stu
That's customer service at it's finest!!
The devil is in the details.
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 08:00 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch Hoagland View Post
That's customer service at it's finest!!
Hi Arch,

I agree.

Actually, the Amazon prices on the marker lights didn't result in a very big savings, however, the delivery time is quicker from Amazon.

Take care,
Stu
Old 10-23-2020, 01:18 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
MY bad. I got through to Entegra parts today. They were very helpful. Unfortunately a four week delay foe delivery on a a rather common part.

Sorry for the confusion. I must have accidently pressed the wrong button and ended up with Jayco parts instead of Entegra parts.
dcphil_98 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
entegra, parts