Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-08-2021, 02:00 PM   #1

Entegra policy change

Joyce just announced that beginning now, if you can prove that you have completed a full COVID-19 shot program (a 2 shot program for a 2 shot vaccine or a one shot for a one shot vaccine), they will now permit you to stay in your coach each night while you are there for service. You have to be able to prove it and you inform your service advisor that you qualify for this policy when you are called for final arrangements.

This is a big cost savings for owners who need to go for service or for their 2 year PDI/AIR as the alternative is to stay in a hotel every night your coach is in the shop.
My last PDI/AIR lasted about 3 weeks.

Thank you Entegra....

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-08-2021, 02:10 PM   #2

Here is Joyce's letter

---------------------------------------------

Dear Friends,

Some great news to share with you today! As you are aware, one of the COVID protocols that we have had in place is that you are not allowed to stay in your coach overnight when here at the factory for service. With many folks getting vaccinated now, we are going to lift this ban as long as you can provide proof that you have received the shots necessary for the vaccine you have received. When your service advisor contacts you to introduce themselves and to let you know they will be taking care of you, please provide this information. Again, as long as we have proof that you have been completely vaccinated, we will allow the coach to be brought out each afternoon after service has finished for the day so there would be no need for you to make a hotel reservation. Unless of course, you prefer to do so on your own.

Factory tours Ė currently, these are still on hold through March. We will continue to monitor the COVID situation in our area and will update accordingly. We appreciate your understanding as we work through these difficult times.

If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to let me know. Take care and, as always, please stay safe and healthy!

Joyce Skinner

------------------------------------------

Gary
Old 02-08-2021, 03:55 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Here is Joyce's letter

---------------------------------------------

Dear Friends,

Some great news to share with you today! As you are aware, one of the COVID protocols that we have had in place is that you are not allowed to stay in your coach overnight when here at the factory for service. With many folks getting vaccinated now, we are going to lift this ban as long as you can provide proof that you have received the shots necessary for the vaccine you have received. When your service advisor contacts you to introduce themselves and to let you know they will be taking care of you, please provide this information. Again, as long as we have proof that you have been completely vaccinated, we will allow the coach to be brought out each afternoon after service has finished for the day so there would be no need for you to make a hotel reservation. Unless of course, you prefer to do so on your own.

Factory tours Ė currently, these are still on hold through March. We will continue to monitor the COVID situation in our area and will update accordingly. We appreciate your understanding as we work through these difficult times.

If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to let me know. Take care and, as always, please stay safe and healthy!

Joyce Skinner

------------------------------------------

Gary
Great to have choices!
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 04:10 PM   #4

when you are called for final arrangements.

Hopefully this in regards to your coach
David 70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 04:33 PM   #5

I think this is an overreach on Thor's part. We have vehicles serviced regularly without any demands outside of masks. The vaccine does not stop your from getting the virus or spreading the virus. I know a lot of folks are looking forward to the shot. We passed on it for at least six months hoping to get some additional results on its success and long term effects. I think each family has to make their own decision. After all this is still America.
Old 02-08-2021, 08:36 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselgem View Post
I think this is an overreach on Thor's part. We have vehicles serviced regularly without any demands outside of masks. The vaccine does not stop your from getting the virus or spreading the virus. I know a lot of folks are looking forward to the shot. We passed on it for at least six months hoping to get some additional results on its success and long term effects. I think each family has to make their own decision. After all this is still America.

Neither Thor or Entegra is telling you to have the vaccine, only that you can stay in your coach if you have chosen to receive the vaccine. You can certainly choose to wait on the vaccine and still book a hotel. They are only offering an option. Not all states are even offering the vaccine to the public yet, regardless of age range and no states are offering it to those under 65 unless you meet conditions. You have a choice in what you decide to do about the vaccine or even if you choose to go to the factory for service. Make your own decision.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 09:53 PM   #7

Thank you for your response. I agree each person must make their own decision.
Old 02-09-2021, 03:48 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Interesting...thought the shot only became available in late Dec, not six months ago...that said, difficult in most parts of the country to ID that you will have had the shot, when the majority of the country is not serving shots to less than 70 year olds and give little indication in advance as to when they will shift to the next phase.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 05:11 PM   #9

Dave

As a point of fact... when a person does get their COVID shots, they are given a card that documents who gave the shot, the date, the vaccine lot number, and type that was administered and some other information, at least that is how it is done in Louisiana. Since there has not been a uniformed national standard or policy I am not sure that this is a requirement in all states, but I would bet that it is something that is done for all people who are vaccinated.

Dee and I were lucky and completed our Pfizer 2 shot vaccine program last Friday. She had no reaction to the second vaccine. I had the most miserable two days I have had in at least a decade and a half as I had VERY intense symptoms of the FLU and thought of going to the hospital for about 12 hours of that time. I felt TERRIBLE! Luckily, the intense symptoms lasted only about 30 - 36 hours. I have now scanned copies of all our vaccine information that will become a central part of our critical information (like our will, our SS#, that is stored in our safety deposit vault when we begin to travel again.

Clearly, Entegra is taking the issue of possible COVID spread and COVID inspection very seriously. This change in policy is a logical change as more and more of their customers are vaccinated. Many owners for the past roughly 12 months were racking up $1,000 to $2,000 hotel bills while waiting for their coach to be serviced. Since I had an important medical treatment that had to be done in Texas in the middle of my AIR/PDI, I had to drive two round trips in 3 weeks, so this change is considered a positive change in policy for many.

Gary
Old 02-10-2021, 07:25 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Cool

Our situation, in Florida, is the same as Gary's. We received a card with the same information Gary outlined. I believe all states will provide that record to recipients of the vaccine.

When we received our 1st dose, the health department person advised us to laminate that card after our 2nd dose to have as proof we had the vaccine.

Personally, it feels good to know we've had the vaccine, before we head out on a summers long trip. Plus, we're headed to Louisiana next month and who know what we might catch from those people over there
2016 Jeep Cherokee
Dr. Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 11:26 AM   #11

Q

I worry about that myself and I live here .... The only place I would worry about more is anywhere in Texas --

Gary
Old 02-10-2021, 05:54 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Q View Post
Our situation, in Florida, is the same as Gary's. We received a card with the same information Gary outlined. I believe all states will provide that record to recipients of the vaccine.

When we received our 1st dose, the health department person advised us to laminate that card after our 2nd dose to have as proof we had the vaccine.

We considered laminating our cards after our second dose also, but held off since there is some discussion of a possible booster due to the new variants. We did make copies, take pictures and then stored the cards with our passports and original social security cards. Two weeks today since the second shot. After losing family and friends to this horrid virus, we are beyond grateful to have the vaccine.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 06:06 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Dave

As a point of fact... when a person does get their COVID shots, they are given a card that documents who gave the shot, the date, the vaccine lot number, and type that was administered and some other information, at least that is how it is done in Louisiana. Since there has not been a uniformed national standard or policy I am not sure that this is a requirement in all states, but I would bet that it is something that is done for all people who are vaccinated.

Dee and I were lucky and completed our Pfizer 2 shot vaccine program last Friday. She had no reaction to the second vaccine. I had the most miserable two days I have had in at least a decade and a half as I had VERY intense symptoms of the FLU and thought of going to the hospital for about 12 hours of that time. I felt TERRIBLE! Luckily, the intense symptoms lasted only about 30 - 36 hours. I have now scanned copies of all our vaccine information that will become a central part of our critical information (like our will, our SS#, that is stored in our safety deposit vault when we begin to travel again.

Clearly, Entegra is taking the issue of possible COVID spread and COVID inspection very seriously. This change in policy is a logical change as more and more of their customers are vaccinated. Many owners for the past roughly 12 months were racking up $1,000 to $2,000 hotel bills while waiting for their coach to be serviced. Since I had an important medical treatment that had to be done in Texas in the middle of my AIR/PDI, I had to drive two round trips in 3 weeks, so this change is considered a positive change in policy for many.

Gary

Glad to hear you are beyond the reaction. In the start of the viurs we did not know what to expect and how it was transmitted, this has changed. We have changed how we operate and are not fearful of living life with safeguards. This policy no more protect you or their workers.

Here is what is on the CDC's website.

Do I need to wear a mask and avoid close contact with others if I have gotten two doses of the Vaccine.

Yes. Not enough information is currently available to say if or when CDC will stop recommending that people wear masks and avoid close contact with others to help prevent the spread of the virus that causes COVID-19.
Experts need to understand more about the protection that COVID-19 vaccines provide in real-world conditions before making that decision. Other factors, including how many people get vaccinated and how the virus is spreading in communities, will also affect this decision. We also donít yet know whether getting a COVID-19 vaccine will prevent you from spreading the virus that causes COVID-19 to other people, even if you donít get sick yourself. CDC will continue to update this page as we learn more.
While experts learn more about the protection that COVID-19 vaccines provide under real-life conditions, it will be important for everyone to continue using all the tools available to help stop this pandemic.
To protect yourself and others, follow these recommendations:
  • Wear a mask over your nose and mouth
  • Stay at least 6 feet away from others
  • Avoid crowds
  • Avoid poorly ventilated spaces
  • Wash your hands often
Together, COVID-19 vaccination and following CDCís recommendations for how to protect yourself and others will offer the best protection from getting and spreading COVID-19.

So based upon this information I believe the policy to be a bad corporate decision. I think a lot of folks, including Thor, are under the impression that the vaccine stops the transmission. So far there is no evidence that it does. It will however prevent the person who has the vaccine from dying from the illness. As will a number of other medical treatments. We were lucky enough to do 5 trips this past year. Masked up, washed hands often, sanitized, wore glove when shopping handling carts, signature pads and opening doors. It has seemed to work very well so far. I passed on the vaccine two weeks ago, my brothers both got it. I am going to wait a while before taking it, but that is my decision. But until science says you can not spread it by taking the vaccine, nobody should be penalized.

I ve been having the coach serviced, no one cared whether I slept in it or not. What is next the plumber not coming to your house for a multi day repair unless your are vaccinated? A lot folks getting vaccinated do not understand the above. I am more concerned about those vaccinated being careless. Like my one brother and his neighbors who got together for the Superbowl. Anyway thanks for reading my rant, travel safe, travel smart, but most of all don't travel in fear.
Old 02-11-2021, 07:39 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
I got mine at Navy JAX. I took DW along, and asked one of the sailors to shoot her. He misunderstood and vaccinated her as well.
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
entegra