Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-18-2016, 03:02 AM   #1
G&J

Entegra Owners Club
Entegra Pros & Cons

As some of you might know we have a youtube video channel showing our adventures with our new Entegra Anthem from the day we collected it (Oct 2015).

[Mod Edit]

Glenn
G&J is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-18-2016, 04:29 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Hey Glen good write up, very well done. I know for us, we just purchased a DS over the weekend after looking at a 44DLQ was that there was no access to the rear of the coach bath with the slides in.
Great web page none the less!
BlueOx Aladdin Toads: '19 Tahoe, '22 JLU, '17 JKU, IRV3 Brake System
mc4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 05:25 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
My comments - and my husband and I have lived full time in ours for the majority of our ownership (14 months). There are several of your "Bad" list that I would agree with the that "it would be nice to have" a but without them, it doesn't affect our "lives". We have learned to put a Baggie over the smoke detector when cooking, then take it off when done, I'm not getting on the roof anyway, so no ladder is no biggie, for me. I actually think the couch is comfortable, we have the 15 ottoman, so lighter in weight, and so is the bed. I would really like dimmable countertop lighting. I don't trust our GPS and we use our phones to verify. Dashboard fan is very bad, but we can always run the gen and put on the house ac. Your "ugly" list - we have the same floorplan as yours and don't see the "underside of the kitchen wall when sitting on the sofa" - nor do we have exposed electric and water pipes when the slides are in. When you get back to the states and are around NIRVC or Entegra or some other "good" RV repair place, see if an adjustment needs to be made for those "ugly" issues. Looking forward to your videos again, Glenn!
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 06:29 AM   #4

We put casters on the bottom of the footstool and also the hinges on the cover. The casters lock and it is very easy to move. Agree with the counter top lites. They should be adjustable in some manner. A pro is the great customer support we have enjoyed. We also have the 100 inch sofa which is pretty comfy compared to the L sofa and it has a full size queen bed. It also opens up the interior a bit. Entegra is the best buy on the market but is not perfect nor is any c oachm
waterboy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 06:52 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy10 View Post
We put casters on the bottom of the footstool and also the hinges on the cover. The casters lock and it is very easy to move. Agree with the counter top lites. They should be adjustable in some manner. A pro is the great customer support we have enjoyed. We also have the 100 inch sofa which is pretty comfy compared to the L sofa and it has a full size queen bed. It also opens up the interior a bit. Entegra is the best buy on the market but is not perfect nor is any c oachm

We have the 100" couch as well - maybe that is why ours is comfortable!
Old 03-18-2016, 07:03 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Interesting write up about how you view your coach. We all have different expectations so your evaluation is valid from your viewpoint. Thank you for an unbiased report. It is what it is!

You have traveled to some interesting a beautiful places as documented in your photos. I hope you enjoyed all of the locations.

I would as suggested take your coach back to remedy any of the concerns you have. It will give you a better unit and your repairs may be included in future models.
Old 03-18-2016, 07:15 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Gordon, according to the OP's blog, his coach is at the factory as we speak. Based on the experiences of many, I am sure that his issues will be addressed by Entegra's conscientious customer service crew.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 07:19 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Understand. Thanks did not read the entire blog.

Items like dimmable LED would be nice it they were included in the original build. It has got me thinking about adding some features like that to our unit. The technology is there and is very economical to add as original, not so much so to retrofit.
Old 03-18-2016, 07:51 AM   #9
G&J

Entegra Owners Club
Update on your comments

Great idea regarding the footstool, I'll have to look into this.

And yes our RV has been back at Entegra now for 6 weeks as I refused to drive it anymore with the steering the way it was (which I'm told has now been fixed by Spartan).
I also have all of the shocks changed whilst at Spartan to Koni

The countertop lights are dimmable and I have asked to have this done (but there is a charge for this alteration)

Very interesting what you all say regarding the 100"sofa, I'll look into this as an option. We have had Villa visit our RV whilst at Entegra and even they remarked that it felt too firm and was a bit like sitting on a plank of wood. So we have arranged to visit them directly to have it re-stuffed, so hopefully this will solve the problem.

I'm a little confused that you say you can't see any pipes when the slides are in! I have attached a photo of what we see.

I agree and have now added the fantastic after-sales service that Entegra offer to the good list on our site.

Thanks for all of your input.
Regards

Glenn
Old 03-18-2016, 07:58 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
re the footstools...
we had good luck with something like this on our rv's
Old 03-18-2016, 08:00 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Glenn,
I have not completed all of your pages yet, but have to agree with many items. The steering is crazy for a new high dollar coach. Only a few of us are having this problem, but it is a few too many with this price range of a coach.

I have found a way to dim the awning LED lights and I am sure the same type dimmer can be added to the counter top lights. My DW also did not care for the always bright look and she loves LED's.

Thank you for your time for the detailed report. I will look forward to comparing the new 2016 to my "classic".

I know from the "Show Us Your Mods" post, Entegra does pay attention to what owners are doing and saying with their MH's.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 08:05 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Glen, your picture hasn't shown up - but here is the only place we see hoses at all when the slides are in. And that is only when the kitchen slide is in and not the pantry/vanity slide. I guess if we really looked between those two slides, we would see them, but again, doesn't bother me. Yours maybe different?Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1458309946.111975.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	121690
Old 03-18-2016, 08:24 AM   #13
G&J

Entegra Owners Club
Exposed Pipes

Hi Lynn

Yes that is the place that the pipes are that I'm referring to but only when the slides are in. You can find a picture here: exposed pipes

I know it's not a big deal but I just expected more from a coach in this price bracket.

G
Old 03-18-2016, 08:27 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Glenn,
I have not completed all of your pages yet, but have to agree with many items. The steering is crazy for a new high dollar coach. Only a few of us are having this problem, but it is a few too many with this price range of a coach.

I have found a way to dim the awning LED lights and I am sure the same type dimmer can be added to the counter top lights. My DW also did not care for the always bright look and she loves LED's.

Thank you for your time for the detailed report. I will look forward to comparing the new 2016 to my "classic".

I know from the "Show Us Your Mods" post, Entegra does pay attention to what owners are doing and saying with their MH's.
Have you posted elsewhere what your dimming solution was? I'm really annoyed by the brightness of the countertop lights, but like the look.
I took delivery of my 2016 (built in December 2015) this January so I either don't have many of the issues posted or just haven't experienced them yet. Wish me luck! Our real traveling starts around April 1st to head out west from Florida and not return until July.
Greg
classicalgas is offline   Reply With Quote