Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-01-2016, 09:50 AM   #15

Owning a current Thor product and dealing with their severe lack of quality control coming out of their factory (IMHO) I don't see anything good coming from this deal for the consumer.

I'm not in a position to buy an Entegra now and maybe not for a few years yet so I'll just sit here and watch. I certainly don't have that warm fuzzy feeling about it tho.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-01-2016, 09:55 AM   #16

Guess JMON129's thread about "rumors" was pretty spot on...
oakcreekeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 09:56 AM   #17

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
https://youtu.be/TPxiXGr9nFM

It'll all work out.
LOL! Only you Bro... only you!
Old 07-01-2016, 09:57 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les1951 View Post
I am a little sick about this news. We have grown to respect and enjoy the Entegra family. Our experience with them lead us to buy our new Anthem 44B. I have seen these purchases and mergers first hand, most are not pretty. The Thor products we have looked at do not compare to our Entegra Anthem.
Don't worry. I wouldn't have considered Thor 2 years ago. The quality on our 2016 Tuscany is very good.
Thor and our dealers service has been outstanding! (allowing me to perform repair work then getting reimbursed for my labor)
Old 07-01-2016, 10:00 AM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I was just at the factory on Wednesday, and my mind was made up that I was buying an Entegra in a couple months. I am not so sure of that now. Will the 2 year warranty still be offered? Will they start buying cheaper parts to save a few bucks? Will they make Entegra ramp up production? I have a lot of questions before I will buy anything associated with Thor.
Brian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 10:09 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakcreekeric View Post
Sure was. Got to hand him credit for the early tip-off.
aauummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 10:17 AM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
There is always a lot of "Happy Talk" in the beginning of these deals and lovely press releases, but the corporate world is littered with examples of what happens when the bean counters and the stock market influence the decisions.

I understand why they would sell - who wouldn't take a half Billion if you can get it, but I don't see anything good coming out for customers.

IMHO - "Synergy" only occurs when Cultures are in sync. Family culture and Public Company culture rarely, if ever, are.
Old 07-01-2016, 10:28 AM   #22

My hope is that Thor is interested in buying up a higher quality, bigger reputation company and expand their company into a quality market that they did not already have. I hate to say it, but I carefully looked at a Thor Tuscany tag when we were considering our Anthem, and there was no comparison, in our opinion. Superficial looks was very good, but beyond the first impression, we were completely convinced that the Anthem was what we were going to buy. It's hard to imagine Jayco selling out unless the family is tired of the grind and, as others have said, simply have come to a time when they can pocket a ton of money and live nicely in the future.

I will reserve judgement for now, but this does not make me happy, and the publically traded new owner is the main reason.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 10:33 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyOutlaw View Post
Owning a current Thor product and dealing with their severe lack of quality control coming out of their factory (IMHO) I don't see anything good coming from this deal for the consumer.

I'm not in a position to buy an Entegra now and maybe not for a few years yet so I'll just sit here and watch. I certainly don't have that warm fuzzy feeling about it tho.
I have been looking at Entegra now for awhile, and for what I have read, their QC, along with their vendors are lacking too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian W View Post
I was just at the factory on Wednesday, and my mind was made up that I was buying an Entegra in a couple months. I am not so sure of that now. Will the 2 year warranty still be offered? Will they start buying cheaper parts to save a few bucks? Will they make Entegra ramp up production? I have a lot of questions before I will buy anything associated with Thor.
My mind was too until I started seeing issues with the QC of their work along with their vendors for what I have been reading the last couple of months.

Now I will have to wait to see how Thor handles the line. History dictates a lot, and acquisitions usually do go south with a few exceptions.....Time will tell...
FireEater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 10:39 AM   #24

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Yep I was reading his thread and disappointed at how many folks wouldn't even entertain the idea was possible let alone how some heckled him.
Old 07-01-2016, 10:41 AM   #25
gjw

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We just received an email from Entegra Coach with their "Exciting News"... Time will tell, at this point we are disappointed...

I am betting the discussions at Summerfest will be exciting... Sorry we will not be able to attend.
2020 Chevy Equinox Premier 2.0T 2LZ FWD
gjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 10:50 AM   #26

Quote:
Thanks for the shout out! You have no idea the PM's that came my way! Both from regulars here as well as a Mod or two.
jmon129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 11:00 AM   #27

Tiffin Owners Club
At a very minimum, this will be hugely disruptive and distracting for the next few years. I would not want a coach off the production line until the storm passes. In the long term, this could be OK, BUT.......right now it will be internal turmoil.

I was in senior management and on the board on a $13 billion company that decided to merge in 1998. The company is in great shape now and doing extremely well. For the first 5 years, there was lots of carnage. Despite all the great intentions, not all the synergies planned on paper work out. You can say what you want, but everyone at Entegra will be looking over their shoulder for the next few years. I really feel for the human element of this transaction. It is not fun to live thru this stuff.

The Thor balance sheet has $500 million in "goodwill" and other intangible assets. That goodwill can vanish if the economy turns.

The good news is that Thor had no long term debt as of April 30, 2016. They borrowed $300 million to get this deal done, but if the market holds, they will be able to pay that off in a few years.
Old 07-01-2016, 11:03 AM   #28

Freightliner Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Well, scratch Entegra off of our list. Entegra and Newmar were the final two we had to research. At least we only have to research one more brand now. lol
Cranemec is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
entegra, purchase, thor