Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-30-2021, 01:46 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Entegra to Announce Flat Floor and No Carpet (soon?)

It looks like Entegra is finally getting rid of the carpet! They posted a "stay "tuned" response on Facebook. In my opinion, this will be a great change and upgrade!
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210630-134344_Facebook.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	334226
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-30-2021, 02:43 PM   #2

Every year, the RV manufactures have to come up with something that would encourage current owners to up-grade to the next years coach. I guess to some the flat floor could mean something, to me it doesn't. There are times where we open the slides just halfway to either move things around or load. It's my understanding that you can't do that with a flat floor system.
dave&ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 10:39 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertboyz View Post
It looks like Entegra is finally getting rid of the carpet! They posted a "stay "tuned" response on Facebook. In my opinion, this will be a great change and upgrade!
Attachment 334226
It would be a change that’s for sure, but would it be an upgrade? I have not heard of carpet shattering when the slide out mechanism gets slightly out of adjustment but Newmar can’t say the same with their flush floor tiled slide out can they?

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 07:00 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Personally, for us we prefer the carpet. It feels good under foot while at the dining table and our dogs prefer it to the tile.
Old 07-01-2021, 08:25 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave&ginny View Post
Every year, the RV manufactures have to come up with something that would encourage current owners to up-grade to the next years coach. I guess to some the flat floor could mean something, to me it doesn't. There are times where we open the slides just halfway to either move things around or load. It's my understanding that you can't do that with a flat floor system.
Me either. I don't love the carpet, but it's not a deal breaker. DW on the other hand loves the flat floor
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 09:49 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Fox View Post
Personally, for us we prefer the carpet. It feels good under foot while at the dining table and our dogs prefer it to the tile.
X2. We bought a couple nice quality throw carpets from Lowes that run between the couch and theater seats and back through the kitchen for the dogs but we found we like them as much as they do.
2003 Alegro Bus (sold)
garysfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 09:54 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I would like the flat floor and no carpet. Not a big reason to get a new coach but if I was ready to get a new one I think I would prefer the no carpet. To me it is a plus.
Sold 2017 Entegra Cornerstone B
RVFunlovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 05:04 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Every time I watch my big slide go down at the end or up at the beginning I wonder how much strain it puts on the mechanism. I try hard not to think about how hard it would be to lift and push the slide in if the motor fails. In my F floor plan I really don’t see any advantage to change.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 05:06 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
I changed from a table and chair to a booth not put up with the crack in the floor. That has driven me nuts since the Travel Supreme. It would be nice to see a flat floor. I saw the first attempt using "grass cloth", I sure hope they can do better this time. JMO
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 05:44 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
I think this is a great move for Entegra. The carpet floor slideout was in the top three reasons why I recently bought a Newmar instead of another Entegra.

My suggestion: Make Anthems/Cornerstones with a flat-tile floor. Build a full wall slide. Create a New Aire equivalent….a shorter high end RV….with all the bells and whistles.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 05:48 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogdriver View Post
I think this is a great move for Entegra. The carpet floor slideout was in the top three reasons why I recently bought a Newmar instead of another Entegra.

My suggestion: Make Anthems/Cornerstones with a flat-tile floor. Build a full wall slide. Create a New Aire equivalent….a shorter high end RV….with all the bells and whistles.
yes, I would go for that too.
Prairie Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 02:09 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
I changed from a table and chair to a booth not put up with the crack in the floor. That has driven me nuts since the Travel Supreme. It would be nice to see a flat floor. I saw the first attempt using "grass cloth", I sure hope they can do better this time. JMO
Careful Chuck - you'll offend Gary (Jones). He loved that grass cloth almost as much as he loved his Ollie chairs.
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 06:06 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LWBAZ View Post
Careful Chuck - you'll offend Gary (Jones). He loved that grass cloth almost as much as he loved his Ollie chairs.
Those two items were in the same class. We went to Perry to order the 19 until we saw the grass cloth and said "no thank you' Had Pat Carroll not announced at the show that the grass cloth was being discontinued, we would not have placed the order.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 09:05 PM   #14

Love our flat floor New Aire and it us hydraulic so not worried about adjustment or motor failure but a hydraulic leak would sure make a mess. I would love for Entegra to make a 35 ft Cornerstone, because they don’t is the reason I own a Newmar.

Tags
carpet, entegra, floor