Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-22-2022, 05:19 PM   #1

Smile Entegra Vision 27A Review

First campout in Napa, CA (5 nights) in our new (to us 5000 mi) 2021/2 Entegra Vision 27A.......we found it very comfortable and drives very well with excellent visibility. During this trip we functionality tested everything, except tv antenna, bedroom/outside tv's, cable, inverter and awning LED lights, which we plan do on our next trip down the CA coast.

Factory upgrades: everything except full body paint.

Dealer upgrades by the 1st owner: 2 more 190-watt solar panels (570-watt total), Dish / Directv RoadTrip T4 In-Motion satellite antenna, Summo springs front/back and steering stabilizer.

Our upgrades: cockpit driver/passenger shade pipe foam insulation to keep the shades from clangling, wet bay 90-degree brass elbows / brass hose quick disconnect fittings, black tank flush turbine meter, secondary waste valve, fulltime rear view dash-mounted monitor (to see toad, bike rack and 3 lanes of traffic), soft amber motion-detector bathroom light, custom removable non-slip cockpit carpet, TPMS, tire valve stem extenders (7" flexible for rear inner, 45, 90, or 135 degree for others), portable 1500 watt electric space heater, flat towable toad and tow system.

Our likes in no particular order: comfortable cockpit, automatic front window shade, sideview camera display on turn signal activation, backup camera, bathroom/shower, salon fan/AC/heat pump/furnace, comfortable salon couch / dinette / captain chair seating, king size bed, Sony stereo system, 2 AC's, auto hydraulic stabilizing jacks, frameless windows, outdoor entertainment system, solar, dump valve access, speed of flushing/dumping tanks (vs. our fifth wheel trailer), decent size kitchen and bathroom (shower), nice toilet, lots of interior storage, lots of functional exterior storage cabinets, large awning, 5500 watt Onan gasoline generator, potable water in-line filter, easy access to switches and instruments AND power steps.

Would like to have: more driver seat adjustment, automatic-opening bathroom and a salon automatic-opening vent fans, stackable washer dryer optiont AND 6.7 L diesel engine option.

Your review?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Exterior Photos.pdf (171.4 KB, 23 views)
File Type: pdf Interior Photos.pdf (511.9 KB, 28 views)
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-07-2022, 09:51 PM   #2

Congrats!
We are also new owner of not-so-new 2021 Entegra Vision 27a. I might be having some questions to you in future. We've upgraded from a TT Forest River MicroLite and not sure if this was a right thing.
Towing with 150 felt more stable on the road than this "bus". Lots of scary sway from passing big rigs...

Anyways, we'll see on our first real roadtrip.

Btw, is it just me or interior photos file isn't accessible?
mshakhmaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 09:50 AM   #3

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new Entegra Vision 27A!!

My observation is the sway may be common to entry-level Class A's after driving on our second road trip of 400 miles...........I tow a 41 ft Montana fifth wheel with a long bed crew cab dually and must admit it is very stable. To improve the Entegra Vision 27A drivability ride I am planning the following improvements:

1. Install Roadmaster RM-1139-140 / 149 front / rear anti-sway bar for F-53. Recommended by my mobile rv mechanic. This should have the largest benefit based on my Ford F350 dually driving experience.

2. Supermaster SS401 rear trac bar for Ford F53 V8 2021+ 16-22K GVWR, which will mitigate "tail wagging the dog" sensation or oversteer and deeply improve stability. Recommended by my mobile rv mechanic.

3. Replace Sachs shocks with Koni shocks FSD 8805 1018 / 1019 front / rear shocks For Ford F53. Recommended by a Tiffin owner in my rv club who did the same.

4. Forgot to mention in my first post the first owner installed Safe T Plus 41-180 steering stabilizer for Ford F53 V8 GVWR 18 - 22K. It controls road wandering, over steering from side winds, pass semi-trucks and bad roads. This was endorsed by my rv club Tiffin owner.

Hope that helps.
Old 03-08-2022, 09:59 AM   #4

If you are interested, send me a PM and I can provide a drawing template for cockpit driver and passenger carpet I am having made by Classic Boat & RV Carpet. They will be Corinthian Marine Pearl AquaMat® AquaWeave® Evolution with AquaLoc®Black backing (selected because it will resist slipping on vinyl floors).
Old 03-08-2022, 11:18 AM   #5

Oh nice! That makes lots of sense when I think about it. I added Roadmaser RAS to my F150 to reduce squat and add stability, but never realized those "luxury" motorhomes can also be tuned. At the end of the day, you're right, it's just Ford chassis.

I have stored the list of upgrades in my notes in case this post disappears, and yes, steering stabilizer seems to do its job for you.
I checked the docs for shocks, trac bar, and anti-sway bars, and got a question - is steering stabilizer just an alternative to front anti-sway bar? They seem to be mounted to the same area (or at least do similar things). Are you planning to keep them both or will replace the stabilizer with RM-1139-140?
Old 03-08-2022, 11:22 AM   #6

Thank you for sharing all the details, sir. Really appreciate this.
We are cheap and bought this motorhome from a salvage auction. It was flooded up to its underbelly, so we're finding and fixing broken parts before we can go on the road. At least, we were able to drive it 600 miles from the lot back home, so it runs. Still need to replace all oils and fluids.
12v relay was replaced, now we have interior power. Propane tank had a rusted valve - fixed.
Starters - both on engine and the generator - were fixed. Starter fuel pump replaced. Haven't checked what else is broken on the generator. It did start for a few seconds and stalled. And saga continues...
Old 03-08-2022, 11:39 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshakhmaykin View Post
..........is steering stabilizer just an alternative to front anti-sway bar?. They seem to be mounted to the same area (or at least do similar things). Are you planning to keep them both or will replace the stabilizer with RM-1139-140?
My mobile rv mechanic said it will augment.
Old 03-08-2022, 01:33 PM   #8

The Entegra Vision 27A has a factory-installed anti-sway bars. The Roadmaster anti-sway bars will augment it, I am advised by my mobile rv mechanic.
Old 03-10-2022, 09:43 AM   #9

Purchased a set of SnapPads....if you interested, they are EQ Octagon Jack Pads for Equalizer Leveling System 10" Octagon Jack Feet- Qty 4 (Item # SN76FR on etrailer).

I also created a tabulation in WORD of all the specifications, model numbers, maintenance schedule, upgrades, accessories, etc. PM me if you would like a copy.
Old 06-01-2022, 03:03 PM   #10

Yeah, I'd definitely like a copy of that specs. Trying to maintain my own but it always nice to cross-check things.

How're your SnapPads doing? I've looked at my jack legs today and noticed these octagon plates are already too low to the ground that adding an extra inch would make them scratch the road on some bumps. Is it an issue or I'm overthinking?
Old 06-02-2022, 08:00 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshakhmaykin View Post
Yeah, I'd definitely like a copy of that specs...........How're your SnapPads doing? I've looked at my jack legs today and noticed these octagon plates are already too low to the ground that adding an extra inch would make them scratch the road on some bumps. Is it an issue or I'm overthinking?
Unit's specs are attached.

The SnapPads only add a fraction of an inch of height. They primarily add surface area. The jacks clear the road with SnapPads, same with and without them, even traveling over road bumps. No issue.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Right Front Jack .jpg
Views:	4
Size:	257.1 KB
ID:	367267   Click image for larger version

Name:	Right Front Jack With SnapPad.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	173.9 KB
ID:	367268  

Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2022 Entregra Class A Vision 27A Specifications & Equipment Modified.pdf (1.50 MB, 2 views)
Old 06-03-2022, 10:54 AM   #12

Thanks for the info, they look neat.

Tags
entegra, vision, view