Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-17-2023, 09:48 AM   #1

Exclamation ENTEGRA vision

Seems the ENTEGRA vision and vision xl are having generator issues. When in hot weather the generators shutdown. It appears to be a vapor lock issue from inadequate exhaust cooling air diversion and being close to main engine heat.

ENTEGRA supposedly knows this but no fix. A friend got heat stranded in Tucson Arizona and took it to a Cummins dealer after checking the unit out, they told him they could fix it and it would take some modification. They told him to do it. They insulated all fuel lines, put in a new fuel pump, which it was needing and a few other items. Ultimately he had to pay $3800 because it was not under warranty, but he said since then, he’s had zero issues. He has turned the bill into a ENTEGRA but to my understanding they rejected the claim because they did not pre-approve it.

The Cummins dealer said that he was the third unit of that same model they had worked on.

Is anyone else having the same problem and if so, my real question is why Integra won’t step up and correct the issue.
srb1534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-17-2023, 01:01 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by srb1534 View Post
The Cummins dealer said that he was the third unit of that same model they had worked on.

Is anyone else having the same problem and if so, my real question is why Integra won’t step up and correct the issue.
I have had a few major vendor issues that Entegra has gotten behind 100% since 2014. One was the Aqua Hot with fluid turning to sludge and faulty motors. A recall was issued on the motors after a long drawn out time with Aqua Hot. Second was a major steering issue on the 14 Spartan Chassis. Again Entegra along with Ted Cook worked with Spartan on my coach for several weeks, then issued a recall on all the effected coaches. Last one was the Vega Touch not charging the coach batteries on the 19 and newer Class A's. I had the backing of Entegra, Ted Cook and PJ and the top tech, Justin from NIRVC for weeks working with Firefly to resolve the problem.

If owners do not go though Entegra, but take it to a shop to give "their opinion" that does nothing for owners nationwide if there truly is a problem. If Cummins is really seeing that on Entegras only, why has someone from Cummins not contacted Entegra? Cummins sure contacted Spartan when DEF heads started failing. I was involved with that one twice.

I have purchased three Entegras because the way they stood behind my 14. I can honestly say first hand, if someone with a problem did not go though Entegra during the warranty period, that is not Entegras fault. Entegra stands behind their warranty probably better than any RV manufacture. If there is truly a design problem, are there any names at Entegra that have been advised of this and working on it? All of my issues had a person assigned to it, then others could communicate to get a resolution to the issue.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2023, 03:08 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
I have had a few major vendor issues that Entegra has gotten behind 100% since 2014. One was the Aqua Hot with fluid turning to sludge and faulty motors. A recall was issued on the motors after a long drawn out time with Aqua Hot. Second was a major steering issue on the 14 Spartan Chassis. Again Entegra along with Ted Cook worked with Spartan on my coach for several weeks, then issued a recall on all the effected coaches. Last one was the Vega Touch not charging the coach batteries on the 19 and newer Class A's. I had the backing of Entegra, Ted Cook and PJ and the top tech, Justin from NIRVC for weeks working with Firefly to resolve the problem.

If owners do not go though Entegra, but take it to a shop to give "their opinion" that does nothing for owners nationwide if there truly is a problem. If Cummins is really seeing that on Entegras only, why has someone from Cummins not contacted Entegra? Cummins sure contacted Spartan when DEF heads started failing. I was involved with that one twice.

I have purchased three Entegras because the way they stood behind my 14. I can honestly say first hand, if someone with a problem did not go though Entegra during the warranty period, that is not Entegras fault. Entegra stands behind their warranty probably better than any RV manufacture. If there is truly a design problem, are there any names at Entegra that have been advised of this and working on it? All of my issues had a person assigned to it, then others could communicate to get a resolution to the issue.

Well I’ve literally had the run around with Entegra But honestly they ultimately submitted but I had to prove the wiring was at fault with pics and too small for the DC circuit it was feeding.

They eventually paid to have it corrected per my suggestion. That fixed that issue. Then it was cabinets and slides and them not holding.

To their credit they did after 6 months allow a local cabinet shop to put new slides and back latches. I was satisfied.

Then the power manager got a mind of its own. Starting shutting down stuff when virtually no load was present.

Again it turned out to be wiring in AC feed. The power manager probably prevented a fire.

They had used 14 gauge wire but did a split into 2 circuits which caused it to overload. Using their schematic.I found that it did not match my wiring.

After getting it repaired. I sold it
Old 04-17-2023, 04:23 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by srb1534 View Post
After getting it repaired. I sold it
It looks like there was not a problem of Entegra taking care of a vaper lock issue on generators. For what it's worth, many of us have changed cabinet drawer slides just to have better quality.
Old 04-17-2023, 06:26 PM   #5

Quality

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
It looks like there was not a problem of Entegra taking care of a vaper lock issue on generators. For what it's worth, many of us have changed cabinet drawer slides just to have better quality.
But the real issue is with a unit as indicated you own it’s like why didn’t it have top quality slide in the drawers. I honestly don’t mind paying , as I believe you end up paying for what you get. But especially in u it’s ie. Cornerstone you don’t expect such. But it does happen.
Old 08-01-2023, 08:03 AM   #6

Hi, I'm in the process of completing a deal on a new (2023) vision 27A. Been reading and researching a bit on this generator issue and spoke with Entrgra customer service (CS) and the lead tech for Entegra coaches at the local service center. My own personal experience was in scheduling a test drive of a Vision 29. Very hot day and when I arrived the coach had been running for about an hour according to sales rep. When I got in to drive it the generator had shut down. Rep immediately thought it was a vapor lock issue. No test drive due to heat inside coach that day. Rep called me back to reschedule and confirmed it was a vapor lock due to over heat.

So... after reading forums and on-line groups I am learning this is a big and seemingly common issue. I've called Entegra Customer Support (CS) and consulted the lead Entegra coach tech at the dealer service center. What I'm being told: Entegra CS says it's a known issue and some time ago they began to implement fixes and have published service bulletins. When exactly they did this I don't know but the coach I'm getting was delivered around May 2023 and the CS rep told me the tech bulletin was sent prior to the coach being built / delivered. Following that discussion I got hold of the Entegra tech at the dealer service center and (in an instant) he knew exactly the issue, freely admitted it was a problem and said the tech bulletin being referred to is for a vapor lock issue due to generator overheat (fuel getting to hot in supply line and vaporizing). The Entegra warranty correction part / remediation bulletin is SRP22083. Any dealer can go on the Entegra portal to look this up and order it. Again it's all warranty covered as I'm told. Locally it takes about a week to get the parts and it's about a 3 hour project. My understanding is the remediation is primarily a wrap of the fuel lines with a foil insulated wrap to insulate them from chassis / road heat. There may be more to it than that I'm not aware of... I was also told by the tech that this started several years ago with the 5500 generators and it is due to the location of the generator in the chassis being too close to the engine and exhaust. Said he's also seen it on non Entegra / Jayco models. He went on to tell me that "supposedly" on the 2024's the generator is moved "slightly" (maybe a couple of inches) to help address the issue. Not sure if any of that is true or if it works. What I was told about the fix is that it seems to work but he does have some customers stating it didn't help. Said he was suspect of some of those no help comments because he's spoken to others that said it did fix the issue. I'm in S Florida as is the dealer tech so it's pretty hot here and likely a good test ground for fixes. One last comment he made was that internally Entegra / Jayco has looked at this and it would be a major if not complete redesign of the generator location on the chassis and coach to completely move the generator.

Disclaimer: I'm in the research phase talking, reading, viewing and listening to all I can and, have no experience as to whether all of this works.

I guess good luck for all of us!
Donziman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 09:07 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Sounds like the old cloths pins on Ford Flat Heads fuel line to dissipate the heat. Not the same location of the cloths pins worked on ever Ford, had to keep moving, or adding cloths pins until it no longer vapor locked.
Old 08-01-2023, 12:02 PM   #8

We are currently on a long planned maiden voyage trip in our 2023 Entegra Esteem.

Having exactly the same generator issues as reported above. It runs for a while and then just shuts down. We left our home in Arizona in 110+ degree heat.

The sofa/dinette slide also quit working a day before we left home.

Can't get into the dealer until August 18.

Very frustrated.
Old 08-02-2023, 09:28 AM   #9

nag dab it ; Im trying to downsize to a smaller size mh and thought this was going to be it. Entegra vision 34. Now Im not sure. SIGH !!
Old 08-23-2023, 09:01 AM   #10

I am taking delivery of a 2023 entegra vision xl. I have read all the posts I could find on the generator next to the motor and overheating including the added scoop underneath. Well yesterday at General rv in orange park fl it was in the upper 90's while we were doing delivery and the gen quit. The onan tech immediately came out and changed the fuel pump and filter. Making the story shorter it ran until it didnt. Sooo I got all the powers out there to look at it and all agreed its the heat from the motor cooking the generator. As we speak they are boxing it in to keep out the eng heat and they will put a screen on the door just like many units have had. Should be done today! It was incredibly obvious the cause and shame shame on entegra for not dealing with it. A simple comp to keep out eng heat could easily be done on the assembly line. Please post this on other forums also if allowed. They did heat measurements and said "DUH". no brainer. grrrrrrr
Old 08-24-2023, 07:06 AM   #11

Thanks for the info. Looked at a 34 yesterday and was wondering about the gen issues. Hope this works for you and please update us!! Curious as I recall seeing somewhere about concerns related to insulating the box keeping the generator heat in and potentially adding to the problem. Can't remember where I saw that or if it had any downside effect.
Donziman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 08:44 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donziman View Post
Thanks for the info. Looked at a 34 yesterday and was wondering about the gen issues. Hope this works for you and please update us!! Curious as I recall seeing somewhere about concerns related to insulating the box keeping the generator heat in and potentially adding to the problem. Can't remember where I saw that or if it had any downside effect.
your concerns are exactly what the gm said. Its out being tested right now in ugly traffic and he said he will call me as soon as they have a verdict. He said he wanted free flow and hoped the vented door would do it.
Old 08-24-2023, 10:29 AM   #13

Had a previous gas model that exhibited this same symptom. The tech replaced the Onan board with the flight data systems board and issue went away. He mentioned the Onan is more susceptible to heat.
jeff.herren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 06:14 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherone View Post
your concerns are exactly what the gm said. Its out being tested right now in ugly traffic and he said he will call me as soon as they have a verdict. He said he wanted free flow and hoped the vented door would do it.
wellll the vented door seems to be the winner! ok they put a vented door on the gen and drove it for hours in heavy traffic then let it sit running for hours with motor and gen running. Not a whimper so we shall see.

Tags
entegra, vision