Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-30-2018, 06:29 AM   #29

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicduc View Post
I've spoken to many Tiffin, Entegra, American coach and Newmar owners and the one thing that most of them said they wish they bought a Newmar and the ones that already had Newmar's just couldn't be happier so that's what made me look into all the complaints that people had and that made me appreciate the differences... For me if came down to the Allegro Bus the Anthem and Dutch Star the American didn't even make the cut... I ended up with a DS and I couldn't be happier...
I knew I should have ignored this thread after post #6. Thanks for reminding me to do it now.
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Victory Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-30-2018, 06:50 AM   #30

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Blue View Post
I knew I should have ignored this thread after post #6. Thanks for reminding me to do it now.
, I should have followed your advise.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 07:17 AM   #31

Entegra Owners Club
note that now there are 3 pages on the Entegra thread ... and only a couple of replies on the Tiffin thread. That should answer your question. IMHO
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 07:25 AM   #32

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
I've spoken to many Tiffin, Entegra, American coach and Newmar owners and the one thing that most of them said they wish they bought a Newmar and the ones that already had Newmar's just couldn't be happier so that's what made me look into all the complaints that people had and that made me appreciate the differences... For me if came down to the Allegro Bus the Anthem and Dutch Star the American didn't even make the cut... I ended up with a DS and I couldn't be happier...
I saw it on the Internet, so it must be true!
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 08:19 AM   #33

I will mention my tiffin experience once again as these post have come up in the past..

we were set to buy a 14 allegro bus op plan which i do think is a wonderful floor plan.. we flew back to texas to test drive 2 different ones that had our perfect mix in decor..

it was a rainy day and we hit the freeway.. I had a hard time hearing myself think and could just hear rain and that water you hear driving in the rain hitting the under neath chassis... i immediately pulled over thinking that speaker was on that you can use withe the back up camera.. and it was not. then sitting in the shoulder we could hear vividly the diesels trucks traveling the opposite direction on the other side of the freeway.. we drove back to the dealership
and walked away.. we were disappointed knowingly we could never own a coach that was so loud and un insulated... we stumbled on to our 14 entegra anthem and wow.. just the opposite experience.. quiet as a mouse.. drives down the road so beautifully... we have never looked back...
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 09:48 AM   #34

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
note that now there are 3 pages on the Entegra thread ... and only a couple of replies on the Tiffin thread. That should answer your question. IMHO
Just looked....
Old 12-30-2018, 03:32 PM   #35

Entegra Owners Club
Our 2013 Aspire was good enough that we're now on our third last Entegra. BTW, we are Newmar refugees. The guy with the Dutch Star must have missed me in his polling
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 06:16 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
WHAT, I have owned two Entegra models and a Travel Supreme. None have had slide controls in a bathroom cabinet. Can you give a model that does? My 2002 Travel Supreme had the slide controls in the bedroom cabinet, but that was 16 years ago.
Our '17 Aspire 44B has most of the controls, including the rear 2 slides, in the midbath cabinet.

It's kinda spooky. To see the ODS slide go home, I hafta hold the door just so, and peek between the hinge side of the door and the jamb to see the bed stop moving. Not a fan of this, in fact I wish that whole panel was on the hallway wall.
oneknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 08:58 PM   #37

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We own a 2012 Aspire RBQ with the rear slide controls in the mid bath. We used them rarely and prefer the remote. I’ve never owned a Newmar, but at the time of purchase, new enough about the Entegra reputation to make my decision. They all have issues, IMO buy from the manufacturer that will support you the most.

Cheers
HarleySG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 05:16 AM   #38

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneknight View Post
Our '17 Aspire 44B has most of the controls, including the rear 2 slides, in the midbath cabinet.

It's kinda spooky. To see the ODS slide go home, I hafta hold the door just so, and peek between the hinge side of the door and the jamb to see the bed stop moving. Not a fan of this, in fact I wish that whole panel was on the hallway wall.
Makes me very wrong! I had no knowledge that the models below the Anthem had slide controls in the bathroom even on the new models. At least they could copy TS and put them in a bedroom cabinet where you could monitor the slide movement.

Hope I wasn't wrong about the falling apart.
Old 01-01-2019, 10:02 AM   #39

Entegra Owners Club
Tiffin, like Entegra, builds a beautiful coach. That being said, I can truthfully say I have never heard an Entegra owner complaining about having to go to "Middlebury Hell" to have work done on their coach.

The first time I heard a Tiffin owner use the term "Red Bay Hell" I didn't understand what he was talking about. After explaining it to me I think the phrase is well titled. Ask any Tiffin owner about the phrase. I think you'll find it's a well known issue.
2024 RAM Limited FMCA #420209
brianw8602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 11:54 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianw8602 View Post
Tiffin, like Entegra, builds a beautiful coach. That being said, I can truthfully say I have never heard an Entegra owner complaining about having to go to "Middlebury Hell" to have work done on their coach.

The first time I heard a Tiffin owner use the term "Red Bay Hell" I didn't understand what he was talking about. After explaining it to me I think the phrase is well titled. Ask any Tiffin owner about the phrase. I think you'll find it's a well known issue.
This was a major concern for us when we were shopping. Most dealerships aren’t good at the service that they promise while trying to sell a coach.

I would go nuts waiting for several weeks with hopes of getting my turn in the garage. We’re still working and this would be detrimental to our business and our minds. We’d have to coin a new term, rather than “going postal” it would be “going Redbay”.
dave&ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 03:56 PM   #41

Alpine Owners Club
How do i write a new post
CityElectric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 04:35 PM   #42

Quote:
I second the motion for Newmar over both Entegra and Tiffin. I researched,, considered and test drove a 2018 Allegro Bus, 2019 Entegra Aspire, 2018 Newmar Dutchstar. I even had a $5000 deposit on a Aspire 40P because the Newmar dealer had sold the Dutchstar I wanted. Before the deal went through the Newmar dealer called and said they had just acquired another Dutchstar 4002. Even though it cost me another 38K over the Aspire I went with the Dutchstar. 6 months and 7000 miles later I have had only 5 or 6 minor items fixed on Warranty.

Tags
entegra, tiffin