Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-19-2017, 01:29 PM   #29

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
Entegra WiFi Extender

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger8070 View Post
We were probably one of the stupid ones in most opinions here to opt for the Entegra installed Winegard Connect mainly because it would be covered by the coach warranty, we would not have to crawl around on the roof and drill holes, and even though it is more expensive than the Bott system and would be obsolete from the get go, its a clean install without having to move an inside antenna around. Our experience with it is that we have gotten satisfactory performance in a majority of campgrounds where we could not get a decent signal before. When we need more security or better performance then we go to our cellular hotspot. We also installed a WeBoost to help improve the hot spot signal. There are always going to be cheaper and better performing units out there so you just decide what you are willing to do and need. Given what we pay for these coaches a few hundred in the big scheme of things was not a deal breaker.

Roger is the Entegra WiFi extender a Winegard product? If so do you know the product model?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-19-2017, 01:39 PM   #30

Roger

You have already made your decision and have paid for it, or are in the process of paying for it. Our negative comments about this system are really directed at those who have not yet made their decision and are thinking of spending a bundle on something they think they might need. It's always a matter of "You pays your money and takes your chances". Some of us are simply trying to let others profit from our experience in these coaches on the road so they can make well informed decisions. If you're happy with the money spent and performance for the investment you made, then you don't need to apologize for anything.

Knowledge is power.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 05:08 AM   #31

Entegra Owners Club
This was very interesting read that majfrizz posted. It answered a lot of questions that were asked after his post. It's a short read with pictures.
The questions about 4G are also answered.
Winegard to debut next-gen ConnecT at RVDA | RV Daily Report
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 07:11 AM   #32

Tom n Sandra, the product being installed up to now is the Winegard Connect 4G1.
roger8070 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 10:29 AM   #33

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
This was very interesting read that majfrizz posted. It answered a lot of questions that were asked after his post. It's a short read with pictures.
The questions about 4G are also answered.
Winegard to debut next-gen ConnecT at RVDA | RV Daily Report

This product is pretty exciting! The future looks bright!
Old 01-20-2018, 12:47 PM   #34

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Winegard ConnecT 2.0

So, has anyone actually seen the Winegard ConnecT 2.0 device referenced in the RV Daily Report?

I have a 2018 Anthem 42DEQ in the late stages of production that I had ordered at the Hershey show in September. When I placed the order, the option being offered was the Winegard ConnecT 4G1 device. When I place my order, I declined that option since it seemed to be "old" technology. OK, not really "old", but, not the newest, either.

When I saw that Winegard was going to release a "new" technology device, the ConnecT 2.0, I contacted my salesperson to see if that (ConnecT 2.0) was available for installation on my coach. To my surprise, she suggested that the 2.0 could be installed and that, at that time, it wasn't too late to change my order. So, based on my presumption that I'd get the "new" technology installed, I changed the order.

In early December, I toured the production facility (even got to see my coach being assembled) and noticed that it was the 4G1 device (NOT the 2.0) device being installed on the coaches on the assembly line.

We're scheduled to take delivery in mid-February and I'll be able to confirm that it's the 4G1 system installed. Although that's a little disappointing, I'm hopeful that the conversion to the 2.0 system will be as simple as swapping the equipment. Primarily that the cable that already run for the 4G1 will function with the 2.0.

So, the RV Daily Report suggested that the 2.0 would be available for distribution in January.

It's January. I haven't seen any release info.

Has anyone seen release info or more specific technical info for the Winegard ConnecT 2.0? The RV Daily Report is glowingly general in their description.

Thanks.

Take care,
Stu
Old 01-20-2018, 03:27 PM   #35

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
They have it on display at the Tampa show. The public can preorder at this time and have it the first week of Feb, CW was one of the dealers selling them for $329 for the 4G LTE/WIFI model. The OEM model for RV mfgs will be available in April and will also include an OTA built into it. They did this to save space on the roof. Hope that helps. I believe also there was a change in power supply, and I forget which (version 1 or 2) was 12V and the other is 120V.

Bob
Old 01-20-2018, 03:36 PM   #36

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
For your reading pleasure
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Connect 2.pdf (707.1 KB, 102 views)
Old 01-20-2018, 05:02 PM   #37

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Thanks for the info. The 4G1 system is 120v., I believe. It would, in my opinion, be nice if the 2.0 is 12v.

Take care,
Stu
Old 01-20-2018, 06:04 PM   #38

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by majfrizz View Post
For your reading pleasure
Hi Bob,

Looking at the file you attached, I see that the Winegard model numbers for the ConnecT 2.0 are:
WF2-435 for the 4G LTE + WiFi Extender
WF2-335 for the WiFi Extender

Further google search for WF2-435 yields links to the Winegard brochure that you provided (http://www.winegard.com/wp-content/u...ts/WC-1231.pdf - this one is a little easier to read) and another site (Winegard MAP Pricing — winegard.com) showing the Winegard Minimum Advertised Price(MAP) which is the same as the MSRP.

$199 for the WF2-335 (WiFi Extender)
$349 for the WF2-435 (4G LTE + WiFi Extender)

The "old" 4G1 model, presumably inferior, has a MSRP of $749.

Take care,
Stu
Old 01-20-2018, 06:54 PM   #39

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
My scanner was not working the best on the phone app when I did it. You are right on the $349. The $329 was the CW club discount price. For some reason they were only allowed to take $20 off and not the normal 10%. I ordered one as we just placed an order last week for a new Tiffin Bus and they will still be using Connect I for a bit.

And I am not sure yet about having the OTA inside of this dome on their version.

It will be interesting to see how dealers get rid of the current inventory with the price issue and the big change in data plans restriction.
Old 01-20-2018, 08:06 PM   #40

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
In my case, since I changed my order based on a response from my salesperson to my question, "Will the 2.0 be installed if I add the offered option?", what will my salesperson do when I point out that the 4G1 was installed?

I'm thinking that it wouldn't be unreasonable for me to purchase (perhaps at dealer cost) the 2.0 and expect the dealership to do the install at no charge to me.

Does that sound like a reasonable request?

Take care,
Stu
Old 01-24-2018, 11:17 AM   #41

I contacted Winegard today. Release of the new model is targeted by the end of February.
dnhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 12:46 PM   #42

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnhill View Post
I contacted Winegard today. Release of the new model is targeted by the end of February.

Mine won’t have made it 6 months before it was obsoleted! I still like how it works.
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
entegra